Bellazon

2011 SI Swimsuit

Welcome! I've got a feeling she's got a decent shot at the cover too, like sweetandlow was saying. It's all about the media and public these days in that issue, I think, especially for a connection to the audience factor. With her dating John Legend and her ability to be reached via twitter, formspring, etc...plus her relationship with MJ and Darcie who LOVE her, she's definitelyyy got a shot. I wouldn't mind, she's pretty and obviously can crack people up, and has a gorgeous body, but girls like Anne V (6+ years at SI) and Irina (3+ years) who have built up their credit and worth at the company should definitely have a more elevated shot. They deserve it! They've worked hard and been there forever, so I hope they get covers and associated press before Chrissy. I don't mind whomever gets it in the end, but still. Give it to those who've worked for it, as sweetandlow said.

So, these girls are confirmed so far:

Jessica Gomes (4), Izabel Goulart (1), Julie Henderson (5), Damaris Lewis (3), Irina Shayk (5), Christine Teigen (2), Jessica White (8)

I'm glad to see Christine Teigen back. She has that very unique and exotic look. She fits SI perfectly! ^^

As for Jessica Gomes - I listed her name as well because there was this interview with her for Madison magazine and in the accompanied article, they wrote "she’s started working out hard to get her abs “really tight” for an upcoming Sports Illustrated shoot". I can see her being shot in Singapore since her mother is Singaporean.

And what's that talk about Anne V or Irina deserve the cover because they've been with SI for so long?? When it comes to seniority (as many of you write as a reason), then Jessica White should get the cover.

Welcome! I've got a feeling she's got a decent shot at the cover too, like sweetandlow was saying. It's all about the media and public these days in that issue, I think, especially for a connection to the audience factor. With her dating John Legend and her ability to be reached via twitter, formspring, etc...plus her relationship with MJ and Darcie who LOVE her, she's definitelyyy got a shot. I wouldn't mind, she's pretty and obviously can crack people up, and has a gorgeous body, but girls like Anne V (6+ years at SI) and Irina (3+ years) who have built up their credit and worth at the company should definitely have a more elevated shot. They deserve it! They've worked hard and been there forever, so I hope they get covers and associated press before Chrissy. I don't mind whomever gets it in the end, but still. Give it to those who've worked for it, as sweetandlow said.

Thanks, Jillian! Hey, do you (or anyone else) know if they're going to be body-painting the models this year? Wouldn't it be great if did something again like the beautiful, astonishingly intricate work they did with Jessica Gomes a few years back?

post-20341-1289150861_thumb.jpg

They do body painting every year, it's sort of a tradition of the issue, but i'm not sure if it'll be models or something like last year, when they body painted the WAGS (soccer wives and girlfriends) I was obsessed when they painted the jerseys on the models in 2005, so I hope they switch it back to the models, but with celebrities being all the rage now I wouldn't be surprised if they went with celebrity ties or celebrities themselves. But I'm really hoping for models!

I really hope they do the bodypaint with models again, i hate the WAGS thing from this year, it was a real bummer ... I would love to see Cintia & Hilary doing bodypaint :heart:

They do body painting every year, it's sort of a tradition of the issue, but i'm not sure if it'll be models or something like last year, when they body painted the WAGS (soccer wives and girlfriends) I was obsessed when they painted the jerseys on the models in 2005, so I hope they switch it back to the models, but with celebrities being all the rage now I wouldn't be surprised if they went with celebrity ties or celebrities themselves. But I'm really hoping for models!

Me too!

I do have one question about the bodypainting, which is kind of embarrassing, but I'll ask it anyway! When they're painting on the cups of the "swimsuit", and that little brush is going back and forth, up and down, painting all those intricate designs - well, unless she's really concentrating on the Mideast peace process, doesn't the girl tend to go, you know - "sproing"? ;) Does she ever need a timeout?

• 3 weeks later...

Hahahaha i'm sure they take breaks and everything, especially because they take an upwards of 15 hours sometimes, depending on what's being painted on them. the SI Team does a really good job of covering everything up, and if you're really looking you can pick out the...details, i guess, but overall the body paint is a really good cover with the shading and highlighting put in. Worst comes to worst, SI can edit anything out pretty damn quick, haha.

Some more pictures from MJ, Darcie, and Julie! Hilary's been shot now, and Julie and Irina have been shot twice....interesting!! I'm also wondering if one of these girls is Crystal Renn...they said something about one of the girl's faces being famous so they couldn't even show it, and she's been getting a lot of press lately, so i'm curious. And that one picture of the booty right in the camera, the first one legit looks like Candice S from the back, but we'll just have to see!!

x2_35c0242-1.jpg x2_35d7fe1.jpg x2_35d9f6b.jpg x2_35e25ea.jpg x2_36c7198.jpg

x2_36cc018.jpg x2_36d5b5f.jpg x2_36d6ba0.jpg x2_36d9e67.jpg x2_36e9264.jpg

th_ea4068108477348.jpg/monthly_11_2010/post-27103-0-1593825120-18515_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="x2_3608368.jpg"> x2_3707067.jpg 3llr.jpg

74b799108477370.jpg 32bny.jpg th_e62072108477387.jpg/monthly_11_2010/post-27103-0-1593825120-25437_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="exof.jpg"> g82o.jpg

k5fx.jpg nmmk.jpg th_89451a108477418.jpg/monthly_11_2010/post-27103-0-1593825120-33079_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="v9xm.jpg"> vurq.jpg

w44j.jpg

All credit to MJ_Day, darcie_baum517, and juliephenderson on twitter!

omg Kate Upton is stunning. She's like a baby Marisa!

:heart:

I thought the same thing from the pics, but then I googled her and her standard lingerie/swimsuit stuff is rather "meh."

Nice bit of detective work. (Y)

I bet staring at models' breasts to find a match was very taxing! :p