Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^^I think Lais is quite the beauty, but her personality is nothing that stands out to me much. 

I think Maria Borges would be a great addition. She was a huge stand out to me at the show this year, shes a great model, and has ALOT of presence both on and off the runway IMO

Agree, I hope she continues to do the show and I'm interested to see how she would do in print work with the VS. I also hope they contine to work with Cindy. She has the face and the body that fit perfectly with the brand and she was another standout for me in the show this year.

And I always thought Joan would be a great angel ever as well.

I wouldn't mind Sara Sampaio as Angel. She have the best energy and she's very young so they can build a career for her and make her an household name. I can tell she's dying to have the contract and I found it very cute :)

Sara seems to have lots of personality, she´s a little revolutionaire and I love that about her :laugh: plus she´s getting even more beautiful each year.

Doutzen will indeed be hard to fill. Say what you want about her, but she was always so classically beautiful, humble, and sexy. There are simply no models nowadays that could even remotely fit her position.

I truly hope VS keeps her. She's always a joy to watch and a breath of fresh air.

gab, I know that Doutzen might be the best thing ever that happened in your life, but seriously, she is not irreplaceable - non of the Angels ever was. There are many models that can fit her place, and they will. There will be no "new" Doutzen (although I can already hear all those whiny "She will never be as good as Doutzeeen VS you are so stupid for hiring her, you will never replace Doutzen yaaaa"), but there will be a new Angel-model that has to built her own brand for her, or she leaves as well (as many did before).

That, for me, is actually the "breath of fresh air" :)

I think she show was good. The whole realization of it, the outfits, all the girls, I didn't like the make up so much, but...yeah it was good. About the music- I liked the songs in all segment except the last one. I don't know, "Style" didn't feel strong enough of a song to close the show.

Now...the reason why in my opinion the show is a flop is cause of the editing. It was...horrific to say the least. I can't believe they actually released it in this way. Everything felt so rushed, models being shown for 2 seconds, weird shots of them, weird positions, I don't know... it's actually so boring to watch it cause of it. It just gives you a headache.

The second bad thing... Karlie and Taylor Swift destroyed this year's VSFS with their shitty behavior. Seriously...every year the VSFS has the same amount of viewers ( more or less). The audience doesn't watch it, because of the performers, no one really cares about who sings, as long as the song is great. Everyone watches the show cause of the sexy, beautiful girls. And there is 0 debate on it. I am sure that every single male viewer who watched the VSFS was super disappointed with the amount of freaking Taylor Swift they showed. And honestly...thanks to the VSFS I am actually starting to dislike her. Karlie...ok girl, we got it, you two are besties, probably even lesbian lovers, we got it. Now simmer down and do your job, model! Do what you are paid for...That last segment was seriously so disturbing with the ballet shit. So forced and fake. And her whole attitude during all the mini-segments , all the faces, smiles, kissy-kissy with TS was just disgusting.

This was by far the worst VSFS ever (yes , even worse than 2009) when it comes to editing and performers. I was actually so shocked when I watched it, and it had the potential to be amazing with this runway, with the music, the models, the outfits.

Totally agree with you, so much. I would rather watch 2009 show 500 times than watch this one once more. It was cringeworthy, gave me a headache. Honestly, I don't have any memorable moments from it. It was so hard to focus on the actual show.

Barbara Palvin had it all lined up... She really could've been a huge it-girl. I really wouldn't mind if they gave her another chance and she worked her butt off for it, but those are just dreams. She clearly doesn't seem to be that interested in the modelling world anymore.

VS seems to try to be rebranding themselves, but it just hasn't worked out for them. The last huge success they had was Miranda Kerr. They halfway got to that point with Candice, but let's be honest she doesn't hold huge star power. It's crazy because SI can snatch girls like Kate Upton and make them huge stars but VS hasn't been able to do that in a while.

I truly believe they need to go out of their current norm for the girl that could potentially be it for them.

I don't think Joan will ever be an Angel, especially if we want it to happen when Adriana and Alessandra leave. First off Joan reduced her age, she not as young as she says she is, I mean she didn't exaggerate the reduction too mucn but if you look at her properly you can tell that she's one of the older models in the show. Even her hard core fans admit there was an age reduction. If you, consider the year she graduated college and the year she also was featured in the Pharell video, you can see that it contradicts the age she says she is now. I don't think VS is going it invest in a model who is almost 30 or already is.

Secondly, are we going to pretend her print work for VS wasn't atrocious? They were just unpleasant to see and I was disappointed. It's either Russell dislikes her and made her photos look as shitty as possible or girl just doesn't have what it takes.

Barbara Palvin had it all lined up... She really could've been a huge it-girl. I really wouldn't mind if they gave her another chance and she worked her butt off for it, but those are just dreams. She clearly doesn't seem to be that interested in the modelling world anymore.

VS seems to try to be rebranding themselves, but it just hasn't worked out for them. The last huge success they had was Miranda Kerr. They halfway got to that point with Candice, but let's be honest she doesn't hold huge star power. It's crazy because SI can snatch girls like Kate Upton and make them huge stars but VS hasn't been able to do that in a while.

I truly believe they need to go out of their current norm for the girl that could potentially be it for them.

but the VS girls are more relevant tban the SI girls. Safe for Upton who worked twice as hard to get to wnere she is.

I don't think Joan will ever be an Angel, especially if we want it to happen when Adriana and Alessandra leave. First off Joan reduced her age, she not as young as she says she it, I mean she didn't exaggerate the reduction too mucn but if you look at her properly you can tell that she's one of the older models in the show. Even her hard core fans admit there was an age reduction. If you, consider the year she graduated college and the year she also was featured in the Pharell video, you can see that it contradicts the age she says she is now. I don't think VS is going it invest in a model who is almost 30 or already is.

Wow! Really? I didn't know. But totally can imagine. I always thought she looks much older than how old she is (or said to be). This is sad. Not for her in the first place, but for that shitty industry she's working in...

VS seems to try to be rebranding themselves, but it just hasn't worked out for them. The last huge success they had was Miranda Kerr. They halfway got to that point with Candice, but let's be honest she doesn't hold huge star power. It's crazy because SI can snatch girls like Kate Upton and make them huge stars but VS hasn't been able to do that in a while.

but the VS girls are more relevant tban the SI girls. Safe for Upton who worked twice as hard to get to wnere she is.

They are more relevant in the fashion world, yes. But many friends and people I know hold the SI girls as more recognizable names than VS girls. And, if we're being honest that is what VS is looking for... considering they usually take up a lot of time with their contracted girls and leaving them little space to work on other projects.

Thinking about it also, Tiegen who is completely unattractive in my eyes is kind of a known name/person now thanks to SI and her husband. Those I know talk more about her on social media than Behati, I find that to be utterly crazy. 

I don't think Joan will ever be an Angel, especially if we want it to happen when Adriana and Alessandra leave. First off Joan reduced her age, she not as young as she says she is, I mean she didn't exaggerate the reduction too mucn but if you look at her properly you can tell that she's one of the older models in the show. Even her hard core fans admit there was an age reduction. If you, consider the year she graduated college and the year she also was featured in the Pharell video, you can see that it contradicts the age she says she is now. I don't think VS is going it invest in a model who is almost 30 or already is.

Secondly, are we going to pretend her print work for VS wasn't atrocious? They were just unpleasant to see and I was disappointed. It's either Russell dislikes her and made her photos look as shitty as possible or girl just doesn't have what it takes.

Wow, this is crazy. I knew I wasn't crazy in thinking she looked so much older than a lot of other models. While she is very powerful and has great charisma, she really looks too old imo. Beautiful, but not young and fresh which is needed.