Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Supermodel Heidi Klum is quitting her role as 'Head Angel' at lingerie giant Victoria's Secret.

Heidi Klum is quitting Victoria's Secret.

The supermodel has been at the lingerie giants for 13 years but has now announced she is hanging up her angel wings and won't be strutting down the runway in the annual November show.

The mother-of-four told the New York Post newspaper: "All good things have to come to an end. I will always love Victoria's Secret. It has been an absolutely amazing time."

In 2002, Heidi became the 'Head Angel' and amazed everyone last year when she posed in her underwear at the show just five weeks after giving birth to her fourth child.

Other Victoria's Secret Angels include Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley,

Heidi recently admitted she has got a "sell-by date" and said there are only certain campaigns she will sign up to now because the rest are more suited to younger girls.

The 36-year-old beauty said: "Models have a sell-by date. There are certain jobs I don't do anymore, like the young, sexy, cute things for teenagers, or even 25-year-old girls. I go in a different bracket now."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story...di-klum_1168579

Heidi Had a AWESOME run, congrats & good luck to her, wonder who will take the top spot??

Adriana most likely will. With them promoting her like they have, plus her having the seniority, the company if you look at the last year has been prepping her for the lead spot. When she did this bombshell tour, she was dressed differently, and the main focus for a reason (the same thing they've done the leaders before) My guess is Adriana, and then Ale in second, and Ale will take over once Adriana retires. VS always goes by seniority, so I doubt this time will be any different.

Also everyone will probably find out who is wearing the fantasy bra (it won't be a shock to anyone who it is) and the commercial in October is my guess. I know they plan on releasing Katy Perry as the performer in October as well.

Also, the girls don't replace each other...ever, never have never will. The girls just move up in Rank.

It was

Heidi

Adriana

Alessandra

Miranda

Doutzen

Now it will just go to

Adriana

Alessandra

Miranda

Doutzen.

If Gisele would have stuck around, she would have taken the lead position now that Heidi is gone, since she was contracted first. Heidi took lead after Tyra retired, and Ale will take over for Adriana and so on and so on.

I also think Adriana is going to replace Heidi.

At one of the Bombshell events, where it was Candice, Lily, Erin and Adriana, Adriana was the only one dressed in a dress of color while the other girls wore black. It was clear that she was meant to be the "main" one there with the other girls supporting her. Sure this is not much evidence, but it's this and other small things that make me think Adriana will be the new Head Angel.

Candice will clearly also be a Head Angel some day. VS has done nothing but train and prepare her for such a role. But I think she needs more of a following and seniority before that happens. When Adriana retires, I think then, Candice will be the Head Angel.

Adriana most likely will. With them promoting her like they have, plus her having the seniority, the company if you look at the last year has been prepping her for the lead spot. When she did this bombshell tour, she was dressed differently, and the main focus for a reason (the same thing they've done the leaders before) My guess is Adriana, and then Ale in second, and Ale will take over once Adriana retires. VS always goes by seniority, so I doubt this time will be any different.

Also everyone will probably find out who is wearing the fantasy bra (it won't be a shock to anyone who it is) and the commercial in October is my guess. I know they plan on releasing Katy Perry as the performer in October as well.

Also, the girls don't replace each other...ever, never have never will. The girls just move up in Rank.

It was

Heidi

Adriana

Alessandra

Miranda

Doutzen

Now it will just go to

Adriana

Alessandra

Miranda

Doutzen.

If Gisele would have stuck around, she would have taken the lead position now that Heidi is gone, since she was contracted first. Heidi took lead after Tyra retired, and Ale will take over for Adriana and so on and so on.

Yes, it will be! I'm expecting all hell to break loose. :ninja:

Just seen the 2010 Fantasy Bra! Adriana got it and it's called The Bombshell Fantasy bra (Clever, I know)! It's $2 million, but looks way more expensive than that. Probably because it's all in white diamonds. Okay, the end.

Edit: No, wait. The other bra we saw before that we saw Candice with (and Rosie wearing in the Christmas commercial) is being sold for $250 as sort of a little FB.

^^^Interesting. I like the sound of it. Do you think it looks good Savanna?

As for Heidi. I'm happy to here she had such a great amazing run. Which she did. It was time for her to finish with the company.

She went out with a bang last year.

I am hoping Miranda and Doutzen present the show this year. That way we still get to see them.

Totally agree sav, it's gorgeous, and it was shot back in June, and it's gorgeous sorry can't stop saying it. I'm so glad we finally are allowed to say OMG it's been killing me lol and I know it's been killing you to Sav lol.

It's like Sav said, a prettier version of the 04, and 05 bras.

Also it was designed by Damiani :)

I love the sound of it. Cannot wait to see it. Especially if you say it looks like the 04-05 bras. Because they were always my fav.

I don't care about the price of it to be honest. Cause it could be cheaper and still look amazing.

I can't wait to see it.

post-3972-0-1446077549-02851_thumb.jpg

I believe this is the FB photoshopped to death because it appeared white from what Lost_Soul and I've seen, but Adriana said it had sapphires and topaz in it which I sure as hell didn't see. It is the design and everything. Just the color I don't get. Like, I didn't see any blue sapphires. I didn't see any color. Anyway, it's the bra.

It was to be expected, I mean she barely works for VS anymore and with the new angels/supermodels lineup getting younger, I guess it was time to move on.

2007 would have been the perfect year for her to leave IMO. I admire her acknowledgement that she basically outgrew (or aged out of) the VS demographic. Hopefully VS won't keep any of their other models until they're in their mid to late 30s. It just becomes ridiculous after a certain point.

I am hoping Miranda and Doutzen present the show this year. That way we still get to see them.

I'd be fine with not seeing either one of them this year. Instead of a host, I'd prefer to see something 2005-esque where the models throw to the commercials with a sentence or two something. I think all of the five younger models would be engaging and work well in that kind of format.

Candice will clearly also be a Head Angel some day. VS has done nothing but train and prepare her for such a role.

I think it will be more of an equal footing with each model having her own niche and following. Even though I only like Lily out of the newcomers, I do like the idea of a quintet of Lily, Candice, Erin, Rosie, and Chanel. I think the five of them would make a strong unit, and it would be a return to the "5 Angel" model with two blondes, two brunettes, and an angel of color.

if that is the fb, I like it alot is very pretty. why adriana again? :anger: :anger:

this is just an insult for alessandra, she has work for vs for a long time already and she hasn't got the fb yet. and just giving it again to adriana when she has had wore it in 2 years ago, that is just rude for vs to do with alessandra, it seem that they don't appreciate her work that much. alessandra needs to quit for vs. and I am not an alessandra's fan i dislike her as much as adriana. but alessandra really deserve the fb this year. I am glad that candice did not wore the fb cuz that would of being annoying.

if that is the fantasy bra, is my favorite so far I think it the fb would look better with another model face like erin heatherton.

i predict in the future that the new angel line up is going to be lily, katsia, chanel, erin, rosie and candice.

Gotta love the Adriana hate.

The reason she got it, is because she's the new lead Angel and their most recognizable Angel next to Heidi. This is predictable VS, VS will give the bra to who they think will get them the most press, and right now it's Adriana. It is not UNCOMMON for the girls to get the bra 1 year after, look at Heidi for example. Adriana has been groomed to take over Heidi's spot for a couple years now, insiders knew this a long time ago but no one would listen. Heidi wanted to leave back in 06 but VS felt they weren't ready to let her go, but recently late last year they came to an agreement that Dri was ready, and Ale was there as well and Heidi could walk away if she wished and she jumped at the chance. They'll do the same thing with Dri, she's not going anywhere anytime soon, she'll be around for quite some time, just like Heidi was.

Why do you think I predicted she'd wear it? Not because I'm a fan, because I know how the inside of the company ticks, and who has said what the last 6 months. VS is very predictable I've said this all along. Look at the lineup, is the fantasy bra line up unfair...yea, KK should have never gotten it before Dri or Ale, nor Selita but VS took the business standpoint and chose their girl based on that

1996-Claudia

1997-Tyra

1998- Daniela.

1999- Heidi

2000- Gisele

2001- Heidi

2002- KK

2003- Heidi

2004 - Tyra

2005- Gisele

2006- KK

2007- Selita

2008- Dri

2009- Marisa

2010- Dri

Also, for the 100000000000th time, Candice, Erin, Lily, blah blah blah NOT contracted Angels. Your current Angels are Adriana, Alessandra, Doutzen and Miranda.