Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^I know this is just a random beauty commercial, but I just have to say that overall, I feel like VS was lazy as **** with these holiday commercials. I didn't think any of them were particularly good, and the main one had nothing to do with the holidays whatsoever. It's like they decided they wanted to go to Paris, picked a bunch of random girls to go, got a director, and showed up with no plan as to what they wanted to shoot. And every commercial has overlapping footage…IDK I don't get it.

^I know this is just a random beauty commercial, but I just have to say that overall, I feel like VS was lazy as **** with these holiday commercials. I didn't think any of them were particularly good, and the main one had nothing to do with the holidays whatsoever. It's like they decided they wanted to go to Paris, picked a bunch of random girls to go, got a director, and showed up with no plan as to what they wanted to shoot. And every commercial has overlapping footage…IDK I don't get it.

What makes it even worse is the guy who did the current commercial is also the same mind behind this:

Which imo is one of the best, if not THEE BEST commercial they've ever done.

Either the VS team has way too much control over their commercials which is turning them into absolute dog shit (same with their yearly fashion show), or the man who thought putting the sexiness that is Bob Dylan with Adriana in one of the most beautiful settings on earth has lost his god damn mind.

You can tell that Darius filmed some amazing scenes. Every individual scene in the commercial is quite beautiful and cinematic. It's the way it is edited together and the overload of girls that ruins it. It doesn't have a story it's just a bunch of scenes. Like PC said it has nothing to do with the director. Just the way VS throw it all together without a thought.