Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I saw some of Joan's catalogue work for them on tumblr and maybe it was the make up but she looked really horrible in them. I love her and I agree that she has become a powerhouse, her line of work recently is nothing short of exquisite, from Beyoncé music videos to US Elle and Vogue.

I think VS has standards than we give it credit for. Making someone like Karle an angel is one think but Cara would not make a convincing Angel. I think they are going to take advantage of her status and put her in the show every year but I really don't think they will make her an angel. They passed on Kate Upton and she was already big when they did.

She's black.

Word. That's honestly the only reason…when Karlie was this popular they jumped at the chance.

Thank god someone finally said it.

And to that I will add: She's not American

Actually, she is. She's Puerto Rican which makes her a U.S. citizen ;)

I would be willing the bet that most USA soil born would still look at Joan as being from another country. Unless your born from one of our 50 states, or at one of our US Military bases world wide, you aren't Merican.

The south, and the bible belt are funny like that.

LOL strength aside Selita wasn't that great of an Angel. She never was anything special. It was clear VS was trying to fill the Tyra space and it never worked. I just never thought she was personable or clicked. Same as Chanel. But I think Joan would. She would fit well amongst the Angels. She knows all of them and has worked with them, and she seems very relaxed and natural. Her House of Style interviews and segments are really good. I think other than the fact she talks about being from Puerto Rico a lot people would probably think she's American.

LOL strength aside Selita wasn't that great of an Angel. She never was anything special. It was clear VS was trying to fill the Tyra space and it never worked. I just never thought she was personable or clicked. Same as Chanel. But I think Joan would. She would fit well amongst the Angels. She knows all of them and has worked with them, and she seems very relaxed and natural. Her House of Style interviews and segments are really good. I think other than the fact she talks about being from Puerto Rico a lot people would probably think she's American.

She's a US citizen (fuck you congress), but she's not Merican; Two totally different things.

She's a US citizen (fuck you congress), but she's not Merican; Two totally different things.

Plus there is also the fact that Joan has a very mature look. She would definitely look older than the other angels. Karlie on the other hand looks very very young and will "age" with the company. Joan seems to be on the end of the spectrum already. We know how VS is with young looking girls too... If she looks barely older than 18, hire her!!11

I'm willing to bet that most Americans don't even know that the U.S. still controls Puerto Rico, let alone have opinions on how 'Murican it makes Joan.

So true though!

Ohhhh 'merica

There are still many Americans who are unaware Hawaii is part of the USA :ermm:

"They are Americans!? But they look so exotic like Asians."

:cain: