Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^ Isn't that basically what everyone does? Recant statements and call them lies or misquotes after people point, mock and laugh at them for being fail?

I would put money on the statement being close to being true just based around Bar's public persona, and past video and print interviews.

After SI came out, Bar came across as full of herself and missing few key chromosomes needed for daily function as anything more then superficial, and I'm not saying this as a hater. I was one of Bar's first fans on BZ, well before she did SI and got popular. After she got famous and began to change I couldn't find a reason to continue to be a fan... no matter how lovely her work was, her personality and public persona was about as entertaining as watching paint dry, and just as annoying as the listening to super feminist.

I actually believe Bar in this one, precisely because she's said some awful shit before and she has never taken anything back. Not even her bitchy comments about Israel, but as soon as this came out she was like NOPE. And the website that published the interview never gave any proof of the comments being real or even gave a good source.

She is obviously someone who says whatever the hell she wants has never been the kind of person to take a comment back or something even when she's faced some hard criticizing. I don't see why she would react differently to this one when it isn't even the worst thing she's ever said :idk:

She didn't take back her comments about herself getting married to pass military service though, and those were bad like really really bad, a lot worse than this, she's always been quite bitchy and terrible handling her public persona but she's always been very frontal. I don't see her suddenly changing her MO

But agree to disagree then :laugh:

Doutzen Kroes: “Sometimes it makes me feel guilty now that I am in this profession that makes certain girls insecure. I always say, I don’t look like the picture . . . If you put me in bad light with no hair andmakeup, it’s not good . . . I wake up sometimes like, this is not what I see when I look at the magazine, who is this visitor in the bathroom?"

Kate Upton Addresses The Diss:

As the new cover girl for V magazine, she told the mag: “I had just gotten my cover of Sports Illustrated that day,” she says. “I wasn’t used to that kind of media swirl.”

“I had never met her (Sophia), so it really came out of nowhere.” She went on to say that the cruel commentary was an “introduction to being in the spotlight and having people you’ve never met have an opinion of you.”

SERIOUSLY FIRE SOPHIA ALREADY or atleast let the people gangup against her

The Chanel Iman quote drives me nuts. She is so fake beyond belief. I remember in her hyper-skinny, early VS days she would go on talk shows and talk about all the fast food she eats and her complete lack of exercise. Then as soon as VS drops her she gains so much weight and looks completely different and bloated...please girl. It's so clear that she was dieting in the past, yet she liked to put on a front that she can eat whatever she wants and not exercise. I call BS. At least other models like Doutzen and Adriana are honest towards their dieting/exercise habits. 

Well, in her defense, Chanel was so young when she was working with VS that it's entirely possible that her body just completely changed (and it looks like it has) and her metabolism slowed way down--I mean look at Barbara Palvin in the past 2 years. A lot of models go through that transition and the changes don't fit the satisfaction of the industry; that's why many women stop modeling so young and part of the reason why designers like teenage models--because they're likely to be waifs. So it may have been true at the time that Chanel ate anything and everything. Alessandra used to say the same thing but now she talks about eating much healthier.

Now I personally wouldn't believe is someone like Candice, who used to be consistently maybe 10-15 lbs heavier before she started working with VS and now, at 25, says that she has to eat lots of food to keep herself at a decent weight. It almost never happens that your metabolism speeds up when you get older. I would be willing to bet she has quite a restrictive diet and just doesn't want to talk about it.

Kate Upton Addresses The Diss:

As the new cover girl for V magazine, she told the mag: “I had just gotten my cover of Sports Illustrated that day,” she says. “I wasn’t used to that kind of media swirl.”

“I had never met her (Sophia), so it really came out of nowhere.” She went on to say that the cruel commentary was an “introduction to being in the spotlight and having people you’ve never met have an opinion of you.”

SERIOUSLY FIRE SOPHIA ALREADY or atleast let the people gangup against her