Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I like Lindsay, but I feel like she is lagging behind in terms of star power as a VS angel. Back in the day, the angels (Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, etc) were all mega-famous in the media and would transcend just being "top models." 

Nowadays it is obviously not the same, but the current angels do hold some star power, except for Lindsay really. Candice is pretty famous already (massive fan following and media attention), Behati has risen a lot because of Adam Levine & Maroon 5, Karlie has major HF status (Anna Wintour favorite + runway regular), Lily has her family prestige/connections and is married to Caleb from KOL, Doutzen has a solid European following, lots of HF coverage, and big contracts/campaigns, Alessandra has a large following, does major campaigns and is super famous in Brazil, and Adriana is, well, Adriana.

Lindsay really needs to step up her game to match the star power of the other models. I feel like her contract is the next to go, and I do NOT mean this in a spiteful way! I really like her as a model and she photographs beautifully but I just don't see why she is alongside the other girls as an angel. 

All you said about Lindsay is true but it's also on VS to give her that extra push, which they never have and will most likely never do. All the other girls got that extra nudge from VS but also have factors surrounding them that help with the celebrity side. Lindsay has nothing, no famous bf or anything like that. But she doesn't get work outside of VS much either. Lindsay is a beautiful girl but truthfully for me doesn't bring anything extra to the table. She is just a filler girl. Sad but true.

I like Lindsay but think she's pointless as an Angel -- and that's not her fault, but VS's because they hired her on and then never use her. I think it'd be better for her to drop VS and go back to HF if she can. VS is completely underusing her. 

I personally really like Bridget; I wouldn't want to see her as an Angel but I hope she continues to work for them. Nadine is growing on me but I also miss Erin and Nadine is a very obvious reminder. 

Yup, that's very true, she's the least famous of them all. And VS did use her more last year, but it looks like that didn't help much. But I like her a lot anyway, I wouldn't want her to leave. And it's crazy how some of the young models can be so much more popular than some of the angels. You would think the exposure they get would give the angels more popularity, but that doesn't always happen. And the days when all the angels were household names are never coming back. I hope elsa does better if she becomes an angel, in terms of popularity, cause she doesn't have many followers either, and I'm afraid she could end up just like lindsay. Also, the new models they work with a lot aren't very popular on social media either (lais, martha, barbara f). I wish they would use constance or andreea diaconu more. I really like them. I like josephine too.

I like Lindsay but think she's pointless as an Angel -- and that's not her fault, but VS's because they hired her on and then never use her. I think it'd be better for her to drop VS and go back to HF if she can. VS is completely underusing her. 

I personally really like Bridget; I wouldn't want to see her as an Angel but I hope she continues to work for them. Nadine is growing on me but I also miss Erin and Nadine is a very obvious reminder. 

​You can't argue that VS doesn't use Lindsay that much...she has definitely had more VS work than Doutzen and Alessandra. She had many (solo + group) store appearances, solo campaigns (VS Gorgeous), is usually a staple in the commercials, always has 3 outfits in the VSFS, opened a segment, she had that exclusive Swarovski 3D outfit for the VSFS13, and in general she does shoot a lot for them. What she's lacking is other media exposure, VS can only do so much.

Elsa actually does have a pretty good following for being only a PINK girl (300k Insta followers is quite a lot for an up and coming model). I think she has a lot of potential to grow into the company and be a star; I could totally see her being the next Candice for them. She's only second to Barbara P who has a HUGE following already, but for other misc. reasons... I wonder if Barbara will return to VS?

Can VS just snag up Sasha Luss now too? She's the current HF it-girl and she actually fits the VS image! Anyone else think so?

​You can't argue that VS doesn't use Lindsay that much...she has definitely had more VS work than Doutzen and Alessandra. She had many (solo + group) store appearances, solo campaigns (VS Gorgeous), is usually a staple in the commercials, always has 3 outfits in the VSFS, opened a segment, she had that exclusive Swarovski 3D outfit for the VSFS13, and in general she does shoot a lot for them. What she's lacking is other media exposure, VS can only do so much.

In the last several months, for as long as I've collected new catalog photos, Lindsay has only gotten used a fraction of the time that some other Angels have. Doutzen and Alessandra are in the same boat where they barely get used, but Lindsay getting used more than them doesn't mean she gets used a lot. But that all kind of relates to my thoughts on how VS has way more Angels than it actually needs. 

I stand by my statement: she's pointless because she doesn't get used enough. The only Angels they really use frequently in catalog are Candice, Adriana, Behati, and Lily. Doutzen, Ale, Karlie, and Lindsay don't get used as much. And maybe they still get to do all the other Angel related things like events and all that shit (not that all that is even Angel exclusive), but catalog is a pretty big part of things.

The issue with Lindsay is that VS never quite figures out what they want to do with her. They don't want to Candice her and they don't want to ditch her either.

She was starting to be promoted in late 2009 alongside Emanuela but then for some reason, they decided to drop her and spent a lot of time promoting Candice, Rosie, Chanel, Erin and even Lily instead.

Then when they rehired her because Rosie ditched them, all the other girls had an established identity and Lindsay didn't. She never quite got an opportunity to connect with the audience the way the other Angels did. Yet, because she is, I guess, one of their better sellers and spokesperson they keep on using her, putting her on the backburner and bringing her back to fill in for whomever has left before she has.

Doutzen and Alessandra may have a lighter schedule, but VS has at least established them, while Lindsay got the short end of the stick and was lost among a sea of new recruits to face the social media era.

Elsa is a whole different case. VS has spent the last 3 years whoring her up to their young customers, like they did with Behati before her, of course she will have a heavy following. PINK is their biggest seller and she had a crapload of events with them.

Well, aren't these girls supposed to be selling the brand? Not vice versa. But IDK I always just saw Lindsay as someone who didn't bring anything to the table that another angel didn't also have. 

There are hardly any young models with star power right now, but I also don't think that's what VS is looking for. If it was, they would have signed Barbara and we all see how that went. (I still maintain that they also f****d up with Kate Upton because she could have been a major star for them.) They just want girls that "suit the brand," I think, although I have no idea what that means based on some of their latest choices.

Sasha Luss needs to stay the hell away from VS; she is way too good to get sucked into this trap. I also think she looks a little too HF.

One more thing: I still think 2014/15 will bring major line up switches. I don't know that VS has ever shopped so many new girls in a short period…it seems like the whole Angel line up will switch out. Curveball: I also think Candice will only stay for another two or three years.

Well, aren't these girls supposed to be selling the brand? Not vice versa. But IDK I always just saw Lindsay as someone who didn't bring anything to the table that another angel didn't also have. 

There are hardly any young models with star power right now, but I also don't think that's what VS is looking for. If it was, they would have signed Barbara and we all see how that went. (I still maintain that they also f****d up with Kate Upton because she could have been a major star for them.) They just want girls that "suit the brand," I think, although I have no idea what that means based on some of their latest choices.

Sasha Luss needs to stay the hell away from VS; she is way too good to get sucked into this trap. I also think she looks a little too HF.

One more thing: I still think 2014/15 will bring major line up switches. I don't know that VS has ever shopped so many new girls in a short period…it seems like the whole Angel line up will switch out. Curveball: I also think Candice will only stay for another two or three years.

LOL I can't even imagine if she left...she's the star of the show at this point, behind Adriana. But I could see Candice leaving because VS is getting pretty stale for her. She has pretty much done it all with them, leading campaigns, opening the show, Fantasy Bra, etc. It's like...what's left? Who knows. I bet you though she will be getting a lot of $$$ to stay as long as possible.

I'm not sure what to think of any 2014/5 lineup changes? I really don't think it will change drastically at this point. I feel they will probably keep the girls they have now (probably minus Lindsay, isn't she up for renewal soon?), and maybe start working Elsa/Lais in more. They definitely tested the waters with Toni and Bregje and it didn't seem to work with them.

You are totally right about Kate Upton. They also missed out on Nina Agdal, IMO. I would have given her an angel contract pronto! I'm still waiting for the day Cintia Dicker becomes an angel - ha! 

Sasha Luss will definitely be working with VS soon, I can feel it.

Nina still has a shot though, she is done with Aerie now so she is good to go. Martha (the Aerie girl before Nina) is now a VS regular and even possible future Angel.

That if you keep the personal matters aside.

Lindsay may get used a lot yes, but it doesn't mean she's great. If anything she is incredibly replaceable and somewhat annoying. All the other girls as gab6565 mentioned have had some sort of media exposure and already were popular before VS or got a boost by their relationship. Lindsay's pretty much ignored from that equation, not to mention even in her HF career (and she has the most runway work out of any of the VS Angels currently I believe) she isn't commended or recognized for it. I'm pretty sure there is a reason behind it and I doubt she will have her contract renewed, and if she does I'm thoroughly surprised. And as a question, how do we know which girls are the biggest seller? Candice is obviously going to be one since they always give her the best looks to wear and have tried to make her into a new Heidi. Of course Doutzen's not going to sell as much when they usually put her in spandex type stuff for middle aged women, that's simple logic, hot and sexy looking pieces are going to sell way more than stuff that looks like it came out of a grandma's closet. Thank God VS is finally giving Doutzen some nice stuff to model.

I'm not sure about Sasha Luss doing VS, but I can def see Anna Luisa Ewers doing VS and maybe Yumi doing the PINK line in the future. 

I'd rather Sasha over Anna, Sasha is literally the new girl everybody fawns over and I love her looks, Anna is still a little too drab for me, she reminds me of Bridget Malcolm too. When Taylor Marie Hill is 18 I think they're going to begin to plonk her into some lingerie shoots for mainline and PINK, she's absolutely gorgeous and has got a mainstream appeal.

I'm not sure about Sasha Luss doing VS, but I can def see Anna Luisa Ewers doing VS and maybe Yumi doing the PINK line in the future. 

I'd rather Sasha over Anna, Sasha is literally the new girl everybody fawns over and I love her looks, Anna is still a little too drab for me, she reminds me of Bridget Malcolm too. When Taylor Marie Hill is 18 I think they're going to begin to plonk her into some lingerie shoots for mainline and PINK, she's absolutely gorgeous and has got a mainstream appeal.

I like Sasha's look as well and she is one of the HF "it girls" at the moment so VS is most likely are already checking for her, but I'm still not sure about her doing VS, but who knows she might actually be good for the brand and knock it out of the part like she does her editorials. And plus I'm all for girls with a bit of a different/unique look doing VS instead of typical in your face, obvious pretty girls. I do agree with Anna being a bit bland sometimes but homegirl just screams VS to me and she seems to be getting better and better as the years go by. 

I'm still not on the Taylor Marie Hill train just yet though. I know everybody and their momma  thinks she will be the next big thing for the brand, but idk I kinda see the same thing that happened to Barbara happening to her when it comes to VS, but again who knows.