Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

6 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Last thing I heard, her clothing line wasn't selling that well, so maybe she has the site up to sell whatever she has left? She's not promoting the line anymore anywhere. Haven't tried any of the brands but Tropic of C seems to be doing really well, not sure about Devon as it just came out but she was on IG saying a lot of the styles were sold out already so I guess at least the launch was strong

that's cool for Devon. I mean, I'm not  fan but I can appreciate any model that is trying to branch out. Modeling doesn't last forever (I mean ok for like Gisele and Adriana it does), so I like that Devon is being smart with her money. I like the idea of securing your future. 

on the topic of finances, I wonder how Erin is doing considering she almost or did declare bankruptcy? I'll have to look into that more, but if I was in a job as fickle as modeling, you best believe i'd be investing my money into real estate or a company or something. 

I was thinking about regular/catalogue VS models that I really liked but who never got to go far enough with the company as I would've liked. 

Barbara P was the first one I thought about, but obviously she's an Angel now so that's good.  I also really liked Nadine and Marloes (though they look very similar to me), Anais Pouliot (sp?)....did Jourdan Dunn do anything more than PINK? I would've loved to have seen her continue with VS, she was awesome in the show.  I know this is taking it way back, but Susan Eldridge for VS was really good too. 

who are some models you guys wish VS would've continued working with? 

for me: Anais, Nadine, Marloes, Susan Eldridge, Jourdan D, Cara D for PINK, Jacquelyn J, Jessica Hart, Gracie Carvalho, Andreea D, Gigi, 

who are some models you are glad aren't shooting with VS anymore/ aren't shooting much?

for me: I never like Toni or Cora Keegan, Britt Maren sucked,  Jarah Mariano,  Brejge, Emmanuela, Isabeli, Ophelie G,  

i hope someone responds, I love reading all your guy's opinions! 

for me: Lorena, Jasmine S, Maya, Megan, Alana and Robin. For older model Camille Rowe, Jac Jagaciak and Anais Pouliot.

who are some models you are glad aren't shooting with VS anymore/ aren't shooting much?

for me: Lameka, Ophelie, Monica Cima, Kelsey. I don't like these girls.

Who are some models you guys wish VS would've continued working with? and I mean for the catalogues, not just the show. 

Josie Maran

•  Julie Ordon

•  Petra Nemcova

•  Kim Cloutier

•  Caroline Francischini

•  Cora Keegan

•  Yara Khmidan

•  Lana Zakocela

•  Susan Eldridge

•  Valentina Zelyaeva

•  Tatiana Ringsby

•  Lauren Layne

•  Madison Headrick

•  and I would say Hailey Clauson but she's working with them again.

Who are some models you are glad aren't shooting with VS anymore?

The rest I generally don't care anything about, so them working or not working for VS is completely irrelevant for me....

On a side note from this news article I'm reading - found hilarious :rofl:

Razek takes his role as keeper of the sexy angel mystique seriously, people in the industry and former employees say. An L Brands spokeswoman didn’t respond to an earlier request for an interview with Razek. Between tapings of the 2011 fashion show, for instance, the Victoria’s Secret angels would crowd around Razek as if he were a coach giving a locker room pep talk before the big game. In a speech that year to his assembled models, which included Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio, Razek said their job is the “most impossible job in the world, literally in the history of the world. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Get REKT all you - doctors, emt's, farmers, nurses, police officers, fire fighters, scientist, military personal, moms, heads of state, teaches. You are clearly not as important as the VS Models!  Seriously though, if Eddy actually thinks like this and has the balls to say it out loud too a bunch of already self praising - self hyping girls some of whom don't appear to have the common sense god gave an earthworm.... I mean 🤣

“In the history of the world, as of this show, only 165 women have ever been in this show,” he said in the recording to the dozens of models present. “There have only been 140 pairs of wings in the entire history of this show. That means each of you, every one of you, because there are 7 billion people on the planet. Each of you is one in 45 million human beings. Let’s start with that.”

:rofl:

thanks for the replies! I'm going to have to go look a lot of those models up because I don't know them or I haven't seen their VS work. 

and LOL at that article Prettyphile. I'm a teacher so I must not be as important as VS models. I should just have Ed and the Angels come teach my classes for me. 

54 minutes ago, Bettina Saw-Morgan said:

for me: Lorena, Jasmine S, Maya, Megan, Alana and Robin. For older model Camille Rowe, Jac Jagaciak and Anais Pouliot.

for me: Lameka, Ophelie, Monica Cima, Kelsey. I don't like these girls.

I agree with almost all of this! I forgot how much I don't like Lamek or Monica. I like Kelsey a lot though. 

Camille Rowe was good too, I wonder if she'll ever work for them again. 

and whoa I hit 1,000 posts! Go me! I love this website and am off all summer so that's why lol

That news article points to serious concerns between the connection between Ed Razek and Jeffrey Epstein and how Epstein used his connections to Ed to get young women to participate in his depravity. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-29/victoria-s-secret-has-more-than-a-jeffrey-epstein-problem

As far as I can tell and have read Ed just has a fatherly attachment to the models, he is not an abuser. Although some on Twitter are rethinking why Megan Puleri showed up all of a sudden in 2015 (and her career has gone absolutely nowhere), I feel it is more Epstein using VS and Razek than the other way around. Other than that and when they did that disastrous open model casting call, the women that walk in VSFS are established models with years of work elsewhere. There is the general unpleasantness between certain photographers used and models (cough Greg Kadel) but IMHO no more so than the rest of the industry. Epstein uses his connection to big names to lure girls in, knowing they would have only a marginal chance at VS or other modeling and maybe getting them a placement or two as a cover. 

Interesting article about how further connections to Epstein could sink L Brands (the parent company)'s stock price. 

https://medium.com/@erdorsey2/is-jeffrey-epstein-victorias-secret-d7c8f02f98fb

It's pretty obvious they went to white wall, rather than staged backgrounds or the pricey on location shoot, to save money. If they try to have more "real" models they are going to just look like knocking off Aerie, so they have to stick to the way it is now, maybe with the occasional larger model (i.e. Lorena Duran, who is not much more "plus size" than Laetitia Casta was 20 years ago). Don't expect much different in the future. 

Nina Agdal, Brooklyn Decker, Hannah Ferguson, Cintia Dicker, Kate Upton, The Hadids, Toni Garrn, Cami Morrone

Not anyone in particular I can remember atm, but Pink needs a revamp ASAP. 

@Bettina Saw-Morgan thanks for posting those videos!

I don't understand the point of Alexina running in ugly boots and ugly swimwear chasing adorable sheep and riding a bike, but ok VS, you do you I guess. 

17 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Not anyone in particular I can remember atm, but Pink needs a revamp ASAP. 

yeah PINK has some of the worst models at the moment, they all look suuuuper young. Myrth Bolt is great for PINK though, they need to find more girls like her. 

I feel like it started when they hired Rachael and Zuri because those two just did not work out. At least they put in good effort though. I hope to see those 2 be successful, but I'm not sure it's going to be in modeling bc it doesn't even look like they model anymore. 

Haven't all the PINK spokesmodels gone on to be Angles, except poor Rachael and Zuri? Ale, Miranda, Behati, Elsa, Chanel, Grace...Idk if Candice was ever a spokesmodel for PINK, but her and Lindsey and Lily, Karlie, and Erin all moved up from PINK to Angels as well.  

1 minute ago, claudiawilliams said:

don't know if you guys have talked about this because i've been off these days because of my wifi, but is it true that shanina confirmed in an interview there's not show this year? or is it fake? (swipe to the 5th picture)

I don't know to swipe pictures because I'm on my laptop but I really hope it's fake. The year my favorite models becomes Angels (Barbara and Grace) and they're talking about not having a VSFS! That is sad, I wanted to see Barbara and Grace on the runway again. 

Do you guys think VS is losing a lot of money or like why are they not gonna have a show? To me, it seems like they don't have money like they used to because everythign is so plain and simple anymore...unless they think that's what the customers want? IDK, I want glamour from VS not plain white wall. 

^ From the very first info (that memo) on this topic my impression is that there is not going to be any show this year.
I might be wrong, though.

Also, I don't think it's just the money thing. It's 2019 - one cannot expect that the same formula that was working in 2015 or 2010 is gonna work today.
With the importance of social media, #metoo movement and many other things currently happening in the society VSFS is no longer a 'thing'.

Nostalgia from a couple of us on here is just not enough to put it out there. They must come up with some new concept IMO.

16 minutes ago, ivancica said:

^ From the very first info (that memo) on this topic my impression is that there is not going to be any show this year.
I might be wrong, though.

Also, I don't think it's just the money thing. It's 2019 - one cannot expect that the same formula that was working in 2015 or 2010 is gonna work today.
With the importance of social media, #metoo movement and many other things currently happening in the society VSFS is no longer a 'thing'.

Nostalgia from a couple of us on here is just not enough to put it out there. They must come up with some new concept IMO.

you bring up some good points. VS has been around for a while and maybe people are getting bored with them and finding newer retailers more appealing.

I know I always look forward to the show, but I don't really know anyone in real life who does. My one friend likes watching it, but she's the only one I know who does and that's only if she's not doing anything else at that time and I have several guy friends but they could care less unless I ask them to come watch it with me. I usually watch the show with my mom LOL

I just read on Wikipedia (yeah I know you can't trust it, but I haven't started googling any more information yet) that VS is closing 53 stores this year. I hope my store isn't one of them. I refuse to shop online (unless I can't get the item in store, like the new PBJ candle from Bath and Body Works lol), so I won't be shopping at VS anymore if they close my store. I'm only an hour away from a big east coast city, so I can always stop at a VS when I go up there, which I do a lot. so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.