Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

32 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I want to know the story behind this :rofl: 

Not much in particular tbh, he's just not a Christmas-sy "let's sing Mariah" type of man. Swedish people overall are a lot more serious and tend to not give a fuck about Christmas, they have St. Lucia's Day on the 13th which they seem to care more about. I think all he did for Christmas was work and then have dinner with his family :rofl:  Which is perfect for me as I've never been into Christmas myself, hence why I find all the videos so cringe worthy :ninja: 

5 hours ago, Momo_Chanel said:

Seeing Ed commenting on almost every new Instagram post of Alexina is kinda creepy 

He probably wants to sign her is all..because he rarely does that for the angels he got now. But then again I do know he snoops in certain angels hashtags often. Is ed like married or something? I want to believe so bad that he is not a perv

On 12/25/2017 at 3:38 PM, JROCK177217 said:

Guess I'll just have to cut one of my segments and add it to my 2019 version. :p I'd love to see that plan, especially if there are edits, as your work is amazing!

Oooh is your 2018 version like a fantasy one or what you think will happen/or even think should happen? It's so hard with such a large lineup!

Oh man mine started super realistic (2 outfits each, following patterns, working out filming order, the usual suspects opening, realistic model casting only  etc etc etc).

But then I think the issue was after vsfs2017 it felt like what I considered a good strategy is now wayyyy too far removed from what VS's considers a good strategy so even under a strict framework my idea of a good move forward for the show just felt unrealistic. So I basically wound up with a show I was really dissapointed with and had zero motivation to work with wooo haha (like I said - bit of a cynical phase here.) I ended up  letting the edit version devolve into a reduced, cheesy, fun version that I'll coin a 'mid season' mini edit show to kinda supplement vsfs2017 haha

1 hour ago, VSDiaries said:

Oooh is your 2018 version like a fantasy one or what you think will happen/or even think should happen? It's so hard with such a large lineup!

Oh man mine started super realistic (2 outfits each, following patterns, working out filming order, the usual suspects opening, realistic model casting only  etc etc etc).

But then I think the issue was after vsfs2017 it felt like what I considered a good strategy is now wayyyy too far removed from what VS's considers a good strategy so even under a strict framework my idea of a good move forward for the show just felt unrealistic. So I basically wound up with a show I was really dissapointed with and had zero motivation to work with wooo haha (like I said - bit of a cynical phase here.) I ended up  letting the edit version devolve into a reduced, cheesy, fun version that I'll coin a 'mid season' mini edit show to kinda supplement vsfs2017 haha

I love your thought process, because I go through it basically every time I try and organize anything lmao. It's a mixture of both I guess. Originally, I had the likes of Iza and Shanina back, but I changed my mind and went for a more reasonable line-up, letting go of some of the girls I have grown attached to, but have seen VS drop. I've been able to justify not choosing some based off of how I thought they were treated and how their final show went, as well as how they have been following the end of their VS appearances. I've gone through several different casting processes, but haven't quite settled yet. 

With my most recent planning, I started with location, then selected a 10 person Angel line-up (based off of who I think should stay from the current one). I continued by choosing who got the FB/openings/closings/Swarovski Outfit from the Angels. I picked segments (six mainline and one PINK) based off of themes I thought could be original. I chose the opening and closing Angels for each and left room for non-Angels to fill and then separated the Angels so each had three looks and were distributed to different segments (i.e. Candice went in the first segment and filled segments four and six, which let me drop the other girls so no more than four Angels overpopulated a segment, except for two). After I sorted the Angels, I determined the show interludes from who was going to appear in each segment (ex. I gave Elsa the FB and centered a interlude around it prior to the appearance of it). Now, I'm trying to figure out who I want to fill the slots of the non-Angels and have compiled a list of over 300 girls and narrowed it down to around 50 possibles through different rounds of requirement. I'll probably rethink it and add another 100 girls and go back to square one, but hopefully I figure it all out. :laugh:

A lot of my thinking for 2018 centers around Lily announcing she's leaving and Ed actually dedicating a decent amount of attention to her, so it may be completely intangible based off of how little effort went into acknowledging Alessandra's exit. 

Here are my best bets for 2018:

- Behati is never coming back

- Lily is done with VS

- Candice will walk the show but it will be her last

- Alexina Graham to be announced as the new Angel around spring

Not really, just Lily and Alessandra in 2017. At this point, anyone actually waiting for Behati to come back are just kidding themselves. In 2008 Izabel, Karolina and Selita all ended their contracts. In 2009 Heidi and Marisa also ended their contracts and there's other years where they lost/dropped more than model so it wouldn't be a first. 

I wanted to leave this here in case someone else finds it as curious as I do/worth discussing: 

I looked at the runway screentime each angel got this year and there was a massiveeee editing bias on Blanca Padilla in what was an otherwise uniform distribution of screentime. 
She received more runway screentime than half the Angels (including Adriana). 
She was the only model getting this preferential treatment (Also worth noting she was one of the first models onto that casting board.

I know the VS store is opening in Spain... but when you consider screentime/outfits, to me VS made Blanca a higher priority than most NA. 

(Side note: the other outlier was Taylor who was fairly marginalised in editing)

(And was also last in casting board order but I never worked that order out so I guess it means nothing.... 

4 minutes ago, VSDiaries said:

(Side note: the other outlier was Taylor who was fairly marginalised in editing)

(And was also last in casting board order but I never worked that order out so I guess it means nothing.... 

Could it be that they put the Angels in alphabetical order, which would put Taylor last?

I do think it’s surprising that Taylor was one of the two Angels who didn’t get anything special (opening/closing/Swarovski outfit/Fantasy Bra) at the show. VS even planned to give a closing to an ex-Angel… I dunno if there was a problem with timing with Taylor but I believe no one pegged her as being one of the Angels who would inevitably be left out since there weren’t enough special spots for the number of Angels.