Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 hour ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Pretty much. It was rather unfortunate.

Armando was adamant there were some 'backstage secrets' he couldn't speak of that caused Vanessa to be the one closing...

As far as I know, Vanessa closed Goddesses because it was her birthday and that's it. But Taylor was indeed meant to close it up until they changed the order of the segments and they knew she wouldn't have time to change fast enough. 

As far as Blanca goes, I adore her but she hasn't even shot for them other than white wall so i don't see it happening.

5 minutes ago, Clauds said:

As far as I know, Vanessa closed Goddesses because it was her birthday and that's it. But Taylor was indeed meant to close it up until they changed the order of the segments and they knew she wouldn't have time to change fast enough. 

As far as Blanca goes, I adore her but she hasn't even shot for them other than white wall so i don't see it happening.

Now, that's a low blow for the other girls... At least someone who has actually worked for VS and isn't a first-timer should've gotten the nod. 

I don't think we'll have any New Angels at the moment, or at least I hope not. It would have to be someone who has been with them for a while and who has also shot with the current Angels or is at least friendly with them instead of someone who hasn't done much for the brand... 

It's not a low blow, it was her birthday and she was one of the girls who were also not walking in the last segment, it was just the easiest way for them to make it work:idk: the fact is, if it had been any other girl there would still be people complaining about it, there wasn't a choice that would have made everyone happy.

I do think the editing of the show was bullshit tho, I understand VS wanting to keep Harry's performance until the end but it just made no sense to close with Goddesses.

7 hours ago, JROCK177217 said:

Ed went this crazy about other girls who dropped quickly after (remember Alannah Walton?)

Blanca is definitely gonna be an Angel in a few years. I remember watching the casting video for this year and the way that Ed, Sophia, and Monica lit up when the saw her gave me the impression that they will be head-over-heels for her. She got some of the best outfits, was featured a lot backstage, and had a interview during the aforementioned casting video. No way they don't do something with her in the next few years, especially if they are expanding to Spain. I bet Robin and Roos will probably be big contenders as well. 

In terms of Taylor, it's hard to tell whether she'll stay for much longer. She's huge outside of VS, anyone who's seen her Instagram can tell. She just isn't that great of a model, which makes her harder to market as well as someone like Candice or Adriana. I think VS has noticed this and used her less because of it. I think Martha, Taylor, Kate, and Jac were supposed to be their big players, but Josephine showed up and Jasmine, Elsa, Sara, Romee, and Lais did better than expected, even though I have pegged them as the better Angels from the get go. Kate and Jac obviously didn't work out. Martha started off strong, but fell short in some areas of her role after the Taylor Swift friendship hype died down. That leaves Taylor to carry a lot of weight that the other girls clearly usurped from her. Hence why she got good outfits this year (they know she's beautiful and can pull off most anything), but they didn't give her anything significant. 

Part of me wants to think that they don't want to oversaturate the public with Taylor, since she's featured on various international covers and does many high fashion campaigns and runways, but that justification falls short when referring to Josephine or Candice circa 2012 - 2014. 

RE: Blanca - Everything short of the excessive editing bias towards her makes sense to me in the context of VS simply using her temporarily to pander to Spain. It seems her spot was secure before castings. To me that indicates external factors at play such as a big name/publicity or in this case regional relevance because she seems to be all VS has for spain. But her exposure this show exceeds that context to me & yet I see no ulterior circumstantial evidence to support anything more? None of the VS team appear to have scoped out Spain for a show location (unless they did so in utmost secrecy) & she really isn't big enough anywhere for VS to profit from her like Cara/Gigi. I do think there was a time where Blanca was a contract candidate, but if they've resuscitated her after 2 years of exile with no adjacent shoots then contract seems a reach too?

I guess right now I just put it down to poor and (entirely bizarre) editing choices. Because I just don't understand what they're gaining from putting her up front instead of their own cast... 

- Ed invited Alannah to the show again this year. She's pretty young so idk if she's actually dropped. (But agree on Ed discarding his former favourites) I really like Alexina so far though haha 

- I don't think Tay's modelling abilities are that noticeably poor to get her booted. If something went wrong I'd put it down to either Taylor's choice or maybeee VS's track record with models gaining weight? (I hope not she looks amazing) I saw from Maria's unused footage that there were some issues with filming in one of the shows so maybe alot of her footage couldn't be used...

- I'm actually kind of cynical about why I think Josephine was hired and has been pushed the way she is... I have this little theory that she was supposed to play a different role than the traditional Angel role and that it's kinda not working. 

54 minutes ago, VSDiaries said:

RE: Blanca - Everything short of the excessive editing bias towards her makes sense to me in the context of VS simply using her temporarily to pander to Spain. It seems her spot was secure before castings. To me that indicates external factors at play such as a big name/publicity or in this case regional relevance because she seems to be all VS has for spain. But her exposure this show exceeds that context to me & yet I see no ulterior circumstantial evidence to support anything more? None of the VS team appear to have scoped out Spain for a show location (unless they did so in utmost secrecy) & she really isn't big enough anywhere for VS to profit from her like Cara/Gigi. I do think there was a time where Blanca was a contract candidate, but if they've resuscitated her after 2 years of exile with no adjacent shoots then contract seems a reach too?

I guess right now I just put it down to poor and (entirely bizarre) editing choices. Because I just don't understand what they're gaining from putting her up front instead of their own cast... 

- Ed invited Alannah to the show again this year. She's pretty young so idk if she's actually dropped. (But agree on Ed discarding his former favourites) I really like Alexina so far though haha 

- I don't think Tay's modelling abilities are that noticeably poor to get her booted. If something went wrong I'd put it down to either Taylor's choice or maybeee VS's track record with models gaining weight? (I hope not she looks amazing) I saw from Maria's unused footage that there were some issues with filming in one of the shows so maybe alot of her footage couldn't be used...

- I'm actually kind of cynical about why I think Josephine was hired and has been pushed the way she is... I have this little theory that she was supposed to play a different role than the traditional Angel role and that it's kinda not working. 

I guess currently it makes more sense if they are expanding into the Spanish demographic to push Blanca a bit, a la Sui He and Ming Xi for Shanghai, but I do think that the fact that they are pushing her so early, rather than after an announcement about the move to Spain, is a bit suspicious, especially if the store opening is the only thing occurring in Spain. I still believe that Blanca may play a larger role later. VS tends to gravitate towards girls who develop a big following (look at Josephine prior to VS) and Blanca is well appreciated by a large audience, which they definitely have taken note of. 

Isn't VS also expanding into Poland soon? Too bad Anja Rubik, Magdalena, and Jac no longer work for them.

Ed hasn't mentioned Alannah in a while. I think she got creeped out and dipped while she could. I would hope VS would like Taylor's weight gain, since she clearly received more attention from her modeling shots. I think, at this point, everything seems to have been circumstantial and Tay just had bad luck. I can see VS going on without her, but I think Tay's probably safe for now. 

On 12/27/2017 at 2:21 PM, JROCK177217 said:

I love your thought process, because I go through it basically every time I try and organize anything lmao. It's a mixture of both I guess. Originally, I had the likes of Iza and Shanina back, but I changed my mind and went for a more reasonable line-up, letting go of some of the girls I have grown attached to, but have seen VS drop. I've been able to justify not choosing some based off of how I thought they were treated and how their final show went, as well as how they have been following the end of their VS appearances. I've gone through several different casting processes, but haven't quite settled yet. 

With my most recent planning, I started with location, then selected a 10 person Angel line-up (based off of who I think should stay from the current one). I continued by choosing who got the FB/openings/closings/Swarovski Outfit from the Angels. I picked segments (six mainline and one PINK) based off of themes I thought could be original. I chose the opening and closing Angels for each and left room for non-Angels to fill and then separated the Angels so each had three looks and were distributed to different segments (i.e. Candice went in the first segment and filled segments four and six, which let me drop the other girls so no more than four Angels overpopulated a segment, except for two). After I sorted the Angels, I determined the show interludes from who was going to appear in each segment (ex. I gave Elsa the FB and centered a interlude around it prior to the appearance of it). Now, I'm trying to figure out who I want to fill the slots of the non-Angels and have compiled a list of over 300 girls and narrowed it down to around 50 possibles through different rounds of requirement. I'll probably rethink it and add another 100 girls and go back to square one, but hopefully I figure it all out. :laugh:

A lot of my thinking for 2018 centers around Lily announcing she's leaving and Ed actually dedicating a decent amount of attention to her, so it may be completely intangible based off of how little effort went into acknowledging Alessandra's exit. 

Ahhhh that's so detailed I love it! Also holy wow 300 girls! who ended up making your 10 person Angel line-up? I find choosing openings so hard especially this year :sad:  I feel like alot of the NA really deserve a big year but there's just not enough to go around haha.  (Who did you go with?) Aw I'd love to see something like that for Lily! They seem to really like her so fingers crossed? I really do think she deserves another segment open but I understand how tight it is. I'd like her to get a nice segment close for her final year. (maybe like lindsay 2014, miranda 2012/2011 or even her 2013 BI close?) 
Also +1 for Elsa FB :clap:

(The one thing that annoys me about fan-planning shows is yet again not knowing Candice/Behati's status  :girlbanghead: I'd love one last show with candy/bee/lily haha (as clauds mentioned I'm probably kidding myself)

3 minutes ago, VSDiaries said:

Ahhhh that's so detailed I love it! Also holy wow 300 girls! who ended up making your 10 person Angel line-up? I find choosing openings so hard especially this year :sad:  I feel like alot of the NA really deserve a big year but there's just not enough to go around haha.  (Who did you go with?) Aw I'd love to see something like that for Lily! They seem to really like her so fingers crossed? I really do think she deserves another segment open but I understand how tight it is. I'd like her to get a nice segment close for her final year. (maybe like lindsay 2014, miranda 2012/2011 or even her 2013 BI close?) 
Also +1 for Elsa FB :clap:

(The one thing that annoys me about fan-planning shows is yet again not knowing Candice/Behati's status  :girlbanghead: I'd love one last show with candy/bee/lily haha (as clauds mentioned I'm probably kidding myself)

From the current 14 Angel line-up, I dropped Alessandra (obviously), Martha (she got a closing her final year so no remorse), Stella (VS doesn't give a fuck about her anymore and neither do I), and Behati (the angel that really isn't one anyways). That left me with Adriana, Candice, Lily, Elsa, Lais, Jasmine, Josephine, Sara, Romee, and Taylor. With Lily leaving my fantasy VS after that year, that would leave nine Angels overall, which I would be content with. If I had to add one more, it would be Kelly, but only after Lily left.  

I gave the show opening to Jasmine (my fav), the FB to Elsa, the SO to Lily, and the show closing to Lily, but in a different outfit. My interludes focus on each of the Angels, but in different aspects. Keeping in mind that I went with six segments + PINK, I gave openings to Jas, Sara, Lais, Romee, Candice, and Adriana, with Zuri opening PINK. I won't go into specifics (we can DM if u want), but Zuri's opening is dope with the segment theme. I had closings (in the same order as the openings) assigned to Taylor, Josephine, Elsa (in FB), Sui He, Kate G, and Lily, with Grace closing PINK. 

I may swap out Sui for Ming or Karlie, again based off of the segment... 

13 hours ago, VSDiaries said:

Please elaborate! :bounce:

Edited by Sanni

16 hours ago, Clauds said:

+1 but I don’t like Taylor’s walk

Contract renewals typically occur between February and April, typically closer to April. Angels may negotiate out of their contract earlier than said date, such as Doutzen following the 2014 show and presumably Ale after this show. Karlie was announced to be leaving February 2015 and her contract ended in the ensuing months. I assume she fulfilled everything required in the year prior and simply did not have to do any more work and waited until her contract expired. 

As of now, Ale is the only girl confirmed to be ending her contract. We may not hear any others for a few months. 

Adriana and Alessandra typically signed contracts for 5 years and last signed in 2012. That means Adriana is due to resign her contract if she wants to continue with VS. However, Adriana is able to move figures for the brand, which makes her contract negotiations able to be adjusted. Therefore, she may sign for anywhere between one to five years.

Lais has been rumored to have signed a two year contract earlier this year, which would take her into 2019. No other angels have been rumored to have signed anything, but presumably those staying are locked in until 2019, unless they exit in the next few months.