Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

On 04/04/2016 at 2:42 PM, gotportugal said:
8 hours ago, gab6565 said:

The Erin story is totally believable to me. She may even burn some bridges too, which is a risk one takes with making statements like that.

But look at the facts. Erin was EVERYWHERE (along with Candice) circa 2011/2012, and then just dropped. She was at her thinnest when working with VS, and as soon as she started to noticeably gain weight, her relationship with VS was awkward (barely using her, uncertainty regarding her walking in 2013) and eventually terminated. She never looked happy in pap pictures of her at VS events toward the end of her contract.

For any of you that have been following Erin's career, you know that she is not naturally very skinny. Her high school pics all show her being a relatively normal weight, and then she slimmed down significantly for high fashion, which then turned into VS. Her siblings/parents are all of a much bigger build too, leading me to believe that her skinniness was not attained by healthy means. Heck, she even got a nose job as a teenager (evident if you look at her old pics circa 2007), so something like an eating disorder to please a single, million dollar client, isn't too far fetched.

I really believe that her leave was mutual. I think Erin hit her breaking point and was simply not being able to handle the pressure to be extremely skinny that VS (explicitly or passively) may have put on her, as well as the company itself being displeased with her "new" look and work ethic. It was probably best for both of them to terminate the contract, and I'm sure we will never know who initiated it. It's clear from the article that what Erin was doing was not healthy to her mental nor physical health.

It's very obvious that VS likes their girls to look a certain way...just look at their "Newest Angels." While they all look very different, it's hard to argue that they aren't all absurdly skinny. Romee/Stella/Vita especially.

Thanks. Bee's face looks so photoshopped.

Romee and Stella always had that body but Vita is looking very skinny 

It's not surprising that VS isn't as supportive of healthy body's that they claim. Look at all of the examples. Before Tyra left there were a lot of rumors about her being fired because she was gaining weight. She was getting bigger each year. Adriana and Alessandra were bigger up until like 2007. Karolina was let go in 2009 for her weight gain even though her biggest was probably around Erin's 2012 weight. Behati was bigger until around 2012 when she dropped so much weight. Candice also dropped lots of weight at one point. Even Lindsay was used less when she got bigger which is tragic because at her biggest she was still smaller than most of the girls.

It's sad that they feel this way but in VS's defense they probably felt that they hired these girls when they had a certain body and  felt it wouldn't be too far fetched to ask them to make changes. I actually don't think Erin, Candice, or Behati are as naturally slim as girls like Lindsay or Lily. They also don't have natural slim curves like  Valentina Zelyaeva for example.

52 minutes ago, ltwilla103 said:

It's not surprising that VS isn't as supportive of healthy body's that they claim. Look at all of the examples. Before Tyra left there were a lot of rumors about her being fired because she was gaining weight. She was getting bigger each year. Adriana and Alessandra were bigger up until like 2007. Karolina was let go in 2009 for her weight gain even though her biggest was probably around Erin's 2012 weight. Behati was bigger until around 2012 when she dropped so much weight. Candice also dropped lots of weight at one point. Even Lindsay was used less when she got bigger which is tragic because at her biggest she was still smaller than most of the girls.

It's sad that they feel this way but in VS's defense they probably felt that they hired these girls when they had a certain body and  felt it wouldn't be too far fetched to ask them to make changes. I actually don't think Erin, Candice, or Behati are as naturally slim as girls like Lindsay or Lily. They also don't have natural slim curves like  Valentina Zelyaeva for example.

What most people here don't remember is Heidi Klum openly came out several years ago and said while she was working with VS, she had a body contract, and she wasn't allowed to change her body without said permission from VS. In fact it was long suspected that the reason Heidi left VS wasn't because of her tv show or because she wanted to pursue other career options, it was because of her pregnancy's and how much they changed her body, and how she couldn't get back into the shape that was dictated by her contract..

Josie Maran worked for the company and has mentioned a clause giving VS the right to dictate when and if she gained or lost weight (and she wasn't an Angel, but was offered a year long regulars catalog booking), same thing went for Petra Nemcova. Neither of them wanted the kind of body pressure VS was throwing at them as one was dealing with severe depression and the other who was suffering from bulimia...

Michea Crawford who has one of thee most healthy looking bodies has gone on record saying that VS wants her, however they want her to lose weight.... so they obviously don't want meat on their girls.

Emily D also asked to lose weight, and when she didn't -  they stopped working with her, who at the time was supposed to be the new "it girl".

(btw have you noticed SI tends to pick up a lot of VS's "scraps"?)

I wouldn't put anything past VS in terms of what they do and don't ask these girls to do, or what they think these girls should look like.

Barbara Palvin is also the same story... and when Hailey Clauson did PINK they just put her in clothes zero lingerie pics with her .... shame on u VS!!!!

BTW yesterday Taylor and romme being under age partying hard in Vegas clubs . how they do not fair lol

For future reference:

Former Victoria’s Secret Model Erin Heatherton Opens Up About Her Struggles with Body Image

By Ashley Ross
April 1, 2016

'I got to a point where one night I got home from a workout and I remember staring at my food and thinking maybe I should just not eat'

Erin Heatherton might be a model, but that doesn’t mean she’s immune to feeling bad about herself—particularly when, a few years into her modeling career, Heatherton says she started facing pressure from others to drop pounds.

“My last two Victoria’s Secret shows, I was told I had to lose weight,” she says. “I look back like, ‘Really?'” (Victoria’s Secret didn’t respond to our requests for comment on this.)

Heatherton says she initially worked hard trying to please the people she was working for by eating healthy and exercising twice a day. But while preparing for her last Victoria’s Secret show in 2013, her body “just wouldn’t do it,” she says.

“I was really depressed because I was working so hard and I felt like my body was resisting me,” she says. “And I got to a point where one night I got home from a workout and I remember staring at my food and thinking maybe I should just not eat.”

Shortly after that show, Heatherton parted ways with Victoria’s Secret. She says she went through a lot of self-questioning, wondering what was next for her. She also took that time to really focus on listening to her body.

“I realized I couldn’t go out into the world—parading my body and myself in front of all these women who look up to me—and tell them that this is easy and simple and everyone can do this.”

This idea stayed very much rooted in Heatherton’s mind, and she was inspired to post about it on Instagram, writing that she was stepping away from “hiding behind a fabricated version of” herself:

Heatherton says that, by continuing to share her experience, she hopes she can encourage other women to work toward their own breakthroughs.

“I’m willing to sacrifice my pride, in a sense, and my privacy because I know that if I don’t speak about it, I could be withholding information that would really help women,” she says. “It hurts too much to keep it in, and that’s why I’m not keeping it in now.”

Source: http://motto.time.com/4273928/erin-heatherton-victoria-secret-body/

17 hours ago, Limerlight said:

I would fill out that bralette thing better then any of the girls did there :blink:

The Bralette... :rofl: Add a N after the A and you have a real word in French :rofl:

I can even make a sentence with it : Le garçon se faisait une petite branlette en regardant la fille au bralette

http://img.pandawhale.com/82859-fap-fap-fap-gif-Danny-McBride-JHw4.gif

The thing is I don't think VS try to hide the fact that they like skinnier girls. It's quite obvious. They're trying to promote what they think is a healthy body size and what the industry thinks too. It's easy for VS to get all the negative press but it's not like pretty much every other major brand doesn't do it either. Erin is just lucky she had a big enough client to go after and get the press for it. Not saying it's not within her rights to do so. If they were telling her that and she isn't happy then it's all fine say what you want to say. But to me it's one of those bite the hand that feeds situation and it pisses me off. Be thankful to the place that launched your career. Whether it was a good end of relationship or not would you be here if it wasn't for them and the chance they took on you?

Like I said VS is one of the first places to always get attacked when it comes to this stuff because they're the biggest lingerie brand. I don't necessarily love the body image they promote but it is what it is. Like Jac even said in the swim special last year the industry right now is all about promoting that fit healthy girl who works, works out, has a fun lifestyle. That's what they're trying to promote. Even VS I'm sure you've noticed their catalogs and commercials are looking more and more like that now too.

and the bralette commercial could've been better. Where were those other cool shots with the coloured smoke and stuff?

I agree with Kevs and Seimgi, VS hires girls because of their looks, which what every other company does, if a woman does not feel comfortable with what VS is offering they are free to turn them down :idk: But doesn't every other brand do that too? VS is just the only one that gets shit because it's pretty much one of the few complanies that people actually know and kinda gives a shit about.

Do I like the new wave of body types VS is promoting? Absolutely fucking not, other than Elsa, Lais, Jasmine and Taylor it's dead obvious the rest of new girls are not naturally as thin as they are, they have all lost weight for VS and I think that's sad. However, they are not idiots and they all knew what they signed up for, that contract pays well but it also states very clear that VS pretty much owns the rights to what you can and can't do with your body. Lots of girls passed on VS because of this clause and that's fine, everyone is free to do as they please, I just think it's really lame Erin is coming with this now when she perfectly knew what she was signing. After this Erin may book some gigs anti-VS but I bet she will also lose potential clients because you don't bite the hand that fed you, if it wasn't for VS Erin would still be a nobody ... In fact, she actually still is a nobody who makes headlines just thanks to VS, how many people gave a shit about her in Sports Illustrated? Yup, none. 

And VS please stop putting Martha with Taylor & Elsa, it's tragic for her, you ain't doing her favors :ninja: And Bella's shoot with Russell was for Angels Vol 2, not VS but I do expect her to work with VS at the show this year.

24 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I agree with Kevs and Seimgi, VS hires girls because of their looks, which what every other company does, if a woman does not feel comfortable with what VS is offering they are free to turn them down :idk: But doesn't every other brand do that too? VS is just the only one that gets shit because it's pretty much one of the few complanies that people actually know and kinda gives a shit about.

Do I like the new wave of body types VS is promoting? Absolutely fucking not, other than Elsa, Lais, Jasmine and Taylor it's dead obvious the rest of new girls are not naturally as thin as they are, they have all lost weight for VS and I think that's sad. However, they are not idiots and they all knew what they signed up for, that contract pays well but it also states very clear that VS pretty much owns the rights to what you can and can't do with your body. Lots of girls passed on VS because of this clause and that's fine, everyone is free to do as they please, I just think it's really lame Erin is coming with this now when she perfectly knew what she was signing. After this Erin may book some gigs anti-VS but I bet she will also lose potential clients because you don't bite the hand that fed you, if it wasn't for VS Erin would still be a nobody ... In fact, she actually still is a nobody who makes headlines just thanks to VS, how many people gave a shit about her in Sports Illustrated? Yup, none. 

And VS please stop putting Martha with Taylor & Elsa, it's tragic for her, you ain't doing her favors :ninja: And Bella's shoot with Russell was for Angels Vol 2, not VS but I do expect her to work with VS at the show this year.

i feel Taylor has lost some weight too.

Could be something, could be nothing but this article about Dri & Calzedonia mentions very subtly that she hung her Angel wings recently http://www.telva.com/2016/04/08/celebrities/1460148502.html. There was another article making rounds last week that called Alessandra a former VS Angel but was later edited, again it could be nothing and just a coincidence. But imma go ahead and say they are both walking this year and VS may do a little goodbye thingie for them or they won't even walk the show

3 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Could be something, could be nothing but this article about Dri & Calzedonia mentions very subtly that she hanged her Angel wings recently http://www.telva.com/2016/04/08/celebrities/1460148502.html. There was another article making rounds last week that called Alessandra a former VS Angel but was later edited, again it could be nothing and just a coincidence. But imma go ahead and say they are both walking this year and VS may do a little goodbye thingie for them or they won't even walk the show

Do you mind translating the part that mentions it? :flower: 

This La modelo Adriana Lima que hace muy poco colgara sus alas como ángel de Victoria’s Secret muestra al mundo que sigue siendo la reina de las curvas presumiendo de rostro y cuerpo de infarto como musa del verano de la última campaña de Calzedonia. 

Means Model Adriana Lima, who hung up her wings as a Victoria's Secret Angel very recently shows the world that she is still the queen of curves showing off a face and body to kill for as Calzedonia's muse in their latest summer campaign.