Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I feel like you think that you harping on an issue like this will make a difference. It really won't. She's going to be an angel for the next three years (thank you for correcting me, Siemgi. I was never really sure because of how some Angels disappear halfway through).

Just gonna buy all the Karlie products now :neo2:

I remember some people hating (that's word I will use people love to say that) on Karlie doing VS before Barbara started working for them too. The cognitive dissonance in this thread concerning Karlie and VS is interesting.

There's always a reason behind the hate of a popular person. Brad and Angelina have haters because of the preception that Brad cheating on his wife (an actress with her own fanbase), with Angelina. Some people also hate them because they oppose their political viewpoints. Tiger Woods was hated on because he cheated on his wife with numerous mistresses. The Dixie Chicks was hated on because of what they said about the current president at the time. Kristen Stewart, Kanye West, Joe Paterno, etc, all had reasons for why they receive the hate they got.

The only time internet love/hate is revelant is when it comes to voting on tv shows like AI, The Voice and things like the SI Rookie of the Year. That's when the internet is the end all be all for every thing and it's rigging if the results don't match up with who the various forums/YT/blogs love the most.

I feel like you think that you harping on an issue like this will make a difference. It really won't. She's going to be an angel for the next three years (thank you for correcting me, Siemgi. I was never really sure because of how some Angels disappear halfway through).

Just gonna buy all the Karlie products now :neo2:

I remember some people hating (that's word I will use people love to say that) on Karlie doing VS before Barbara started working for them too. The cognitive dissonance in this thread concerning Karlie and VS is interesting.

There's always a reason behind the hate of a popular person. Brad and Angelina have haters because of the preception that Brad cheating on his wife (an actress with her own fanbase), with Angelina. Some people also hate them because they oppose their political viewpoints. Tiger Woods was hated on because he cheated on his wife with numerous mistresses. The Dixie Chicks was hated on because of what they said about the current president at the time. Kristen Stewart, Kanye West, Joe Paterno, etc, all had reasons for why they receive the hate they got.

The only time internet love/hate is revelant is when it comes to voting on tv shows like AI, The Voice and things like the SI Rookie of the Year. That's when the internet is the end all be all for every thing and it's rigging if the results don't match up with who the various forums/YT/blogs love the most.

I think this is Anna next to Adriana from like two weeks ago which is interesting unless she boxes with Michael, but she's also with the same agency Adriana is with:

Y13664451052335647_1.jpg Y13664451052335647_2.jpg

To me the classic Victoria's Secret Angel look is someone who is stunningly beautiful. She can come from high fashion or be a strictly commercial model but there should be a sense that this is a world class beauty and hard to find. I can get behind a more approachable beauty / high fashion look but I just wish that Victoria's Secret had stayed more exclusive. I think that a huge part of the appeal was this image that the Angels were one of the most beautiful women in the world.

Of course people will always have their favorites but each Angel should look so gorgeous that her beauty would be hard to deny or her beauty would at least be so unique that it would grow on you. The most recent choices are very pretty / beautiful but in my opinion they don't have that intangible combination of a face, body and personality that defines Victoria's Secret Angel.

PS. Victoria's Secret should always wait awhile before giving a big contract to a model. I think that the company is doing a disservice to the girls they promote quickly (just look at the page count on their threads) because then the models have to face an uphill battle and try to prove that they have "it" when it really should have been up to the fans / public to decide that beforehand. I remember people really rooting for Candice and Rosie and being really excited when they were made Angels but when the newer generation came along it was more like wtf? because people outside of their already existing fans hadn't had time to develop a wish to see them as the main girls.

To me the classic Victoria's Secret Angel look is someone who is stunningly beautiful. She can come from high fashion or be a strictly commercial model but there should be a sense that this is a world class beauty and hard to find. I can get behind a more approachable beauty / high fashion look but I just wish that Victoria's Secret had stayed more exclusive. I think that a huge part of the appeal was this image that the Angels were one of the most beautiful women in the world.

Of course people will always have their favorites but each Angel should look so gorgeous that her beauty would be hard to deny or her beauty would at least be so unique that it would grow on you. The most recent choices are very pretty / beautiful but in my opinion they don't have that intangible combination of a face, body and personality that defines Victoria's Secret Angel.

PS. Victoria's Secret should always wait awhile before giving a big contract to a model. I think that the company is doing a disservice to the girls they promote quickly (just look at the page count on their threads) because then the models have to face an uphill battle and try to prove that they have "it" when it really should have been up to the fans / public to decide that beforehand. I remember people really rooting for Candice and Rosie and being really excited when they were made Angels but when the newer generation came along it was more like wtf? because people outside of their already existing fans hadn't had time to develop a wish to see them as the main girls.