Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I'm starting to notice that some people treat the angel line-up like it affects them personally. Everything's going to be okay because it's just a clothing brand. These women aren't running our countries or in charge of our safety. So you have to stare at Karlie for a few years in the catalogs? Big deal. Doesn't mean that Barbara or Bregje or Lais or any of the other regulars don't have a shot at becoming an angel when some of the older angels leave the company.

^ I agree. I think that associating her with pro-anorexia websites/groups is a really low blow because she's not promoting them. From the interviews I've seen, she just promotes healthy eating and exercise (mantra of all models who are asked about diet). Some people are naturally skinny and can't put on weight, but apparently they aren't "real" women.

I think Karlie is 6'2''. I've been following her work for a while, and Frida G. is 6' 1'' and Karlie is a bit taller. The 5'11'' on her showcard is standard for all very tall models.

While people do like and associate better with models who resemble them, I don't think it's the basis for the hatred Karlie is getting. I think it comes down to the simple fact that she isn't what's 'in' right now in terms of sensuality. There has been a transition within the last couple of years that curvier women are more attractive, not everyone see's it that way, but there has been the cultural shift. Karlie just doesn't fit into what people think should be modeling lingerie.

^ I agree. I think that associating her with pro-anorexia websites/groups is a really low blow because she's not promoting them. From the interviews I've seen, she just promotes healthy eating and exercise (mantra of all models who are asked about diet). Some people are naturally skinny and can't put on weight, but apparently they aren't "real" women.

I think Karlie is 6'2''. I've been following her work for a while, and Frida G. is 6' 1'' and Karlie is a bit taller. The 5'11'' on her showcard is standard for all very tall models.

While people do like and associate better with models who resemble them, I don't think it's the basis for the hatred Karlie is getting. I think it comes down to the simple fact that she isn't what's 'in' right now in terms of sensuality. There has been a transition within the last couple of years that curvier women are more attractive, not everyone see's it that way, but there has been the cultural shift. Karlie just doesn't fit into what people think should be modeling lingerie.

No I am just curious

For example you dislike Adriana Lima,it is obvious,but when I read you posts I don`t think that you dislike her because of jealousy,you just have your own reasons for it or she isn`t your cup of tea at all

If he describes people who dislike Karlie like jealous unsatisfied individuals :idk:

No I am just curious

For example you dislike Adriana Lima,it is obvious,but when I read you posts I don`t think that you dislike her because of jealousy,you just have your own reasons for it or she isn`t your cup of tea at all

If he describes people who dislike Karlie like jealous unsatisfied individuals :idk:

Yes but I want him to realize that if person doesn`t like somebody (not even necessarily Karlie even Emily who I utterly love or any other celebrity )there is no reason to call her like this

You said yesterday that I sound like Palvin fanatic,but when Maiya wrote in the topic" Try to convince me on this model beauty " that Emily is ugly for her I didn`t answer her like if person don`t get Emily appeal she or he is jealous unsatisfied individual ,because each of us chooses his own type of appeal and there is no need to do such conclusions(if somebody doesn`t like Adriana or Karlie or whoever he is jealous)

lmao... Why do some people here assume that everyone who thinks Karlie doesn't fit VS hates her? I think she's a nice girl, probably the best high fashion model around at the moment and she kills it in almost every editorial shoot, but she just looks ridiculous in lingerie. Its not just that she's skinny. Candice is really skinny too, but she looks amazing in her VS pics because she has great body proportions, a curvy figure and a beautiful face. Can't say the same about Karlie.

Maybe you should look deeper into yourself and see if that's the case ;), or say, one hates another model mainly because this one is in direct competition with their favorite for the top jobs...and ya don't realize it as your brain is operating unconsciously!

There is a line between 'disfavor' and 'hatred', and those that 'hate' a model cross the line into 'distortion' & fantasy. And repeatedly seek out opportunities to do so!

Kind of like love, actually..:)

I only know that deep inside I am pretty superficial :idk:

I personally think that you like Karlie so much,that you can`t believe or realize that people individuals who can`t stand her feel strong dislike to her because they find Karlie completely unattractive,not because they feel certain unsatisfaction in their life

I don`t hate Karlie(I have never really hated anybody in my life or not yet at least) and as I said first of all I strongly dislike her face not body

Maybe because I am a female for me beauty of face is more important than body,there are models who are skinnier then Karlie(Vlada R etc),I wouldn`t call Karlie anorexic,she is for sure very slim girl and diets and works out a lot but I still can`t call her anorexic,for me her propotions just doesn`t work and propotions basically stay the same even if person gain weight or not

I think your words jealous unsatisfied individual are too harsh

And believe me I personally don`t envy either Barbara nor Karlie