Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^ Oh ok. Fair enough (Y) I think VS pictures rarely does her (or any model) justice b/c they don't highlight her full potential. Some of her work for other brands are much better. I thought for her first time promoting VS she did pretty well at the Macy's T-Day Parade. And she shined during the  VSFS 2013 Pre-Show :ninja: I also don't get a Kate Upton vibe from her,.

Did we watch the same show? The one where she had that tacky raccoon eyeliner, looked burned out, and was super awkward and cocky? It was not a good look at all. Kelly Gale and Sara Sampaio looked miles better on the pre-show, and presented themselves much better.

Funny I found that Martha stood out more in the Christmas commercial than any of the other girls, including Candice, even though Candice had the more eye catching styling. Not to mention Martha didn't do a bad job promoting VS during the spot she had during the Macy's day Parade. Nor does she bear any resemblance to Kate Upton, or share any similar career paths to her, so I'm not quite sure where you're getting the comparison. Sadly 90% of the current VS angel line up either needs to retire or should never have been hired to begin with. Either you made a name in the first year for yourself or it's probably not going to happen regardless of how much the company tries to make it.

So I say give Martha a shot, I personally think she makes a great spokes model, and has the potential to be as big or bigger than Candice. But who knows, guess it depends on how they decide to market her, they seem pretty hit or miss with a lot of their girls.

This is seriously deluded. I'm sorry but there is no way Martha could ever, ever even be remotely on Candice's level (or any of the other angels' really). She doesn't have anything going for her that would catch the public's eye. She's the blonde catalogue model on page 11.

I don't hate Candice,  but let's be honest she's not on the same level as let's say Adriana Lima, or Kate Upton. She didn't become an overnight sensation and in fact took quite a bit of nurturing, (ie. over the top exposure from VS) before the general public started taking notice. 

That's how I see it. She's being booked outside of VS because of her name with VS and the exposure associated with that because she is synonymous with the brand which comes with a lot of publicity. Take away Victoria's Secret and I just don't think she'd be booking as much work. Whereas girls like Adriana, Kate, Gisele etc are known for their work, but their name has transcended the brand they were initially associated with and they can book additional work because of who they are and not who they are currently working for.

Not to belittle Candice in the slightest as she is a gorgeous woman, and her work is quite frequently very good, but it doesn't take a stellar model to do catalog work for VS and quite frequently, especially with their newer models the "stars" emerge not because they are amazing models but because VS pushes them, or doesn't. Note Candice's skyrocket to "fame", and Lily's much more gradual climb.. Or Erin vs Lindsay. Erin was pushed more whereas Lindsay has sat on the back burner. 

i think Adriana its known more for VS tho....all people remenber her for just that. ( and i love adriana btw ) by other hand i really dont think Martha have a potetial like Candice nor even with a super exposure, i mean she is american yes but u need to be more than just that... and this case i think is beauty... i found Candice much prettier and with outstanding and better body....plus the worst part is that Martha looks kinda like Candice(she is gorgeous but Candice looks better tho ).saying that with all the Candice exposure bringing another girl to be a "star" with "some" candice's vibe could be justa waste and wrong move.

this is just mi opinion of course .

Candice probably would've been doing SI if VS didn't scoop her up, but that probably would've been the extent of her work then too. She probably could've made a bigger name for herself then. Whereas with VS, they keep trying and it's not working. At least she gets steady eds and covers here and there (or she used to, I haven't been paying attention). There's really nothing more she can do with VS. I don't know if someone said it here or elsewhere, but I do see Candice leaving VS in a year or two if not sooner. She wasn't in Miami for what seemed like a big Spring shoot recently which strikes me as odd.

I like Martha for VS and I think she did a good job at the Thanksgiving Parade. I did get a good laugh when someone called her Tara Reid. It will take more than just being American to become a star (Erin, Lindsay, and half-Brit Lily).

If Candice needs to go because there's nothing else for her to do at VS then she needs to take Adriana and Ale with her. I could see her future being like their present and that's being known for just doing VS. The majority of this roster is known for just doing VS anyway.

I meant to say there's nothing else VS can do for Candice either. As long as Adriana is there she won't make any progress and they don't seem to be grooming Candice for anyone leaving. Just when you think they are, Adriana snatches her weave. And Adriana and Ale will be out when they want to go. At this point they have no reason to leave. Ale doesn't even do much work with them, so it wouldn't matter if she left or not. Adriana is still giving the other girls a run for their money looks and body wise and her name is the biggest one they have (not like when they had several girls with big names). So leave for what? Would you leave if you were basically getting paid for doing nothing? Would you leave if your contract was the biggest contract in the modeling world known to date? VS needs to fire their asses because nobody is going to budge. :rofl:

As for her having nothing going for her that would catch the public's eye. She's American, already one step up from Candice, Behati, Adriana, Alessandra and Doutzen. Why because the American people love to buy America for America, etc, etc. Oh and didn't you know Kate was a page 6 girl. So let's not start throwing out passive aggressive insults just because someone's not personally a fan.

They are not popular in social media. There's a difference. For every hater on YouTube there's a dozen people who will buy your outfit from the catalogue. And obviously, girls that have been there longer will have a more dedicated following, because they have had the time to get it.

It's obvious that Chanel was a flop at the time, but VS isn't exactly well known for keeping dead weight. They have dropped some girls rather fast when they didn't work with their buyers so Lindsay, Lily and the gang must be doing something right. The jury's still out on Karlie because it may just be that are still investing in her and will change their mind soon, but I do believe that commercially speaking, she's gotten a better response than Chanel. Is it good enough? I don't know.

No I get where you're coming from. But saying that American buyers will solely buy what an American model or Angel wears is pretty ridiculous since I wouldn't think nationality would be an issue. I don't go into a store and go buy a product from someone because of solely where they come from.

Agreed. I see Americans want to buy American made products, but nobody that cares who the hell is modeling them. 

Just from what I"ve seen of course. :)

I agree with Savanna in that there is no way Alessandra and especially Adriana are leaving any time soon. Adriana has to be making something like $6 million a year with VS for doing a quarter of the work that their hardest working girl does. And TBH her Valentine's day pics blow everyone else's out of the water. It's a mutually beneficial agreement and I don't see anyone opting out until they have to.

Candice I can't figure out--a couple years ago she seemed to me like someone who wanted to retire early and disappear into SA or Brazil I guess since she seems to have adopted herself into there. But in the last 6 months I have never seen such a fame-hungry Instagram as hers, so perhaps she is wanting to break out into the spotlight and stay there. IDK.

I also think Martha will stick around for a long time since she is pretty, blonde and easily marketable. I don't like her too much but VS clearly does.

I wonder how much Candice gets paid?

And what the hell ever happened to Barbara Palvin? She comes off as such a groupie now. It's a shame because she had VS wrapped around her finger. Something clearly went wrong after they refused to cast her for the VSFS.

The past five Angels (Erin, Lily, Chanel, Lindsay and Karlie) have all been American and none of them have seemed to gotten the best response.

VS made those Americans Angels over foreigners that Bellazon and tFS thought were going to be Angels such as Barbara, Bregje, Edita, Gracie, Lais, Magda, Maryna, and Toni. For various reasons those model were passed over.

Who is the public? Is the public Bellazon or the social media as a whole?

No I get where you're coming from. But saying that American buyers will solely buy what an American model or Angel wears is pretty ridiculous since I wouldn't think nationality would be an issue. I don't go into a store and go buy a product from someone because of solely where they come from.

Agreed. I see Americans want to buy American made products, but nobody that cares who the hell is modeling them. 

THIS! Finally someone who gets it. There is hope :D

Thank you :flower:

As a male I've always wondered, to what extent to women shopping at VS actually pay attention to who is modeling the product? As in, do you ladies just buy something if you like the product itself, or if the campaign model(s) look good in it? Do you care if it's your fave VS angel modeling the bra or do you buy it because you like it? What takes dominance?

I meant to say there's nothing else VS can do for Candice either. As long as Adriana is there she won't make any progress and they don't seem to be grooming Candice for anyone leaving. Just when you think they are, Adriana snatches her weave. And Adriana and Ale will be out when they want to go. At this point they have no reason to leave. Ale doesn't even do much work with them, so it wouldn't matter if she left or not. Adriana is still giving the other girls a run for their money looks and body wise and her name is the biggest one they have (not like when they had several girls with big names). So leave for what? Would you leave if you were basically getting paid for doing nothing? Would you leave if your contract was the biggest contract in the modeling world known to date? VS needs to fire their asses because nobody is going to budge. :rofl: