Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

LOL Behati definitely still smokes, no doubt about it. She's always papped smoking. And not just cigarettes if I'm not mistaken..

But yeah, I'm surprised about Lais too. I think this is the first time we see her smoking. It's a shame really, considering she is so young and has a flawless face/body and a child. Health should always come first.

^ Oh ok. Fair enough (Y) I think VS pictures rarely does her (or any model) justice b/c they don't highlight her full potential. Some of her work for other brands are much better. I thought for her first time promoting VS she did pretty well at the Macy's T-Day Parade. And she shined during the VSFS 2013 Pre-Show :ninja: I also don't get a Kate Upton vibe from her,.

Did we watch the same show? The one where she had that tacky raccoon eyeliner, looked burned out, and was super awkward and cocky? It was not a good look at all. Kelly Gale and Sara Sampaio looked miles better on the pre-show, and presented themselves much better.

From my knowledge there was only one pre-show. It is ok if some of us disagree. We don't always need to nor do we have to agree. Just b/c someone doesn't agree doesn't mean they are wrong nor does it mean they are right either. Just opinions. It's all good (Y)

------------------------------

I think Martha is a potential to replace Erin. I do agree w/ gab that I don't see her dethroning Candice anytime soon. Not so much b/c she doesn't have the potential but I don't see VS giving her an opportunity to do so. One thing she does have going for her is she is Southern and that appeals to a large segment of VS' target.

not a big fan of Martha, but still like her more than Candice, But I prefer Bregje, Shanina or Kelly to replace Erin's spot

That's how I see it. She's being booked outside of VS because of her name with VS and the exposure associated with that because she is synonymous with the brand which comes with a lot of publicity. Take away Victoria's Secret and I just don't think she'd be booking as much work. Whereas girls like Adriana, Kate, Gisele etc are known for their work, but their name has transcended the brand they were initially associated with and they can book additional work because of who they are and not who they are currently working for.

Not to belittle Candice in the slightest as she is a gorgeous woman, and her work is quite frequently very good, but it doesn't take a stellar model to do catalog work for VS and quite frequently, especially with their newer models the "stars" emerge not because they are amazing models but because VS pushes them, or doesn't. Note Candice's skyrocket to "fame", and Lily's much more gradual climb.. Or Erin vs Lindsay. Erin was pushed more whereas Lindsay has sat on the back burner.

Which Kate you talking about moss or Upton? I wouldn't in the same level as Gisele or Moss (if we are talking about her)they're supermodel. Adriana is just a top model not supermodel

That's how I see it. She's being booked outside of VS because of her name with VS and the exposure associated with that because she is synonymous with the brand which comes with a lot of publicity. Take away Victoria's Secret and I just don't think she'd be booking as much work. Whereas girls like Adriana, Kate, Gisele etc are known for their work, but their name has transcended the brand they were initially associated with and they can book additional work because of who they are and not who they are currently working for.

Not to belittle Candice in the slightest as she is a gorgeous woman, and her work is quite frequently very good, but it doesn't take a stellar model to do catalog work for VS and quite frequently, especially with their newer models the "stars" emerge not because they are amazing models but because VS pushes them, or doesn't. Note Candice's skyrocket to "fame", and Lily's much more gradual climb.. Or Erin vs Lindsay. Erin was pushed more whereas Lindsay has sat on the back burner.

Which Kate you talking about moss or Upton? I wouldn't in the same level as Gisele or Moss (if we are talking about her)they're supermodel. Adriana is just a top model not supermodel

Adriana is a Supermodel according to the Fashion Industry (and the people who consider Models.com to be the fashion bible): http://models.com/rankings/ui/TheSupers/

Let's not start up this discussion (which we've probably had before) because I have a feeling it will conjure up a lot of emotions and TL;DR posts.

@phenobarbie Not necessarily because I always found there was at least one more bombshell sort of girl within the commercials, now everybody looks like they're twins, Martha could easily be Behati and Candice's lovechild in that pic, the resemblance is uncanny (clearly evident back in the Holiday commercial when there was that candid with Martha and Candice, they looked identical). Point is VS needs to stop going after girls that pretty much assume a filler position and don't bring anything new, or just look too much like another girl (and I know you like Martha so bear with me girl), but I just think it's not a good thing for VS, instead of trying to find evident replacements for certain girls, they just need to go for someone completely different and make a new star/bombshell or whatever you'd like to call it. That's why I get upset when girls like Doutzen or Alessandra get pushed to the side. For one, they don't look like any of the other girls VS has, they're a lot sexier in my honest opinion (easily can be noticed in the VSFS and their work), tend to have better lingerie bodies (I think Ale can be excluded from that one, she's sort of lost her body, Doutzen still has that magnificent booty that nobody else has), not to mention in general they get better public response and much more attention than the girls VS uses the most right now which basically consists of Behati, Candice, Lily, Karlie, Martha and/or Lais (but Candice is excluded because she does get good reception). 

Really just in a simple statement, my view is that they need to stop going for girls they think can revamp some sort of budget level dream team and that you could replace anytime and go after someone that can be the next hit girl, I hope that made sense I feel like I've repeated myself way too much in a couple of sentences :p

I agree that most of these girls are filler, and I like Martha but I truly have no real interest in defending her against honesty. It's just when people refuse to look at both sides of the debate that I say anything. As for the other girls retaining their bodies, that is beyond laughable. Adriana looks rather boxy, Alessandra fluctuates so much it's a joke, Doutzen has abs/shoulders like a linesman, Behati is way to skinny, Candice has hips and a broken back, and Karlie is incredibly petite.

Taking all that aside, Karlie and Lily are probably the best in their lineup, one because one fits a body type that is quite often ignored when it comes to lingerie, the other because she finally grew into her body and looks decent. :idk: I'm not impressed with the vast majority of their lineup, as is evident in my breakdown, but I don't see a problem with their commercial lineup, it's what the brand has turned into.

@phenobarbie Not necessarily because I always found there was at least one more bombshell sort of girl within the commercials, now everybody looks like they're twins, Martha could easily be Behati and Candice's lovechild in that pic, the resemblance is uncanny (clearly evident back in the Holiday commercial when there was that candid with Martha and Candice, they looked identical). Point is VS needs to stop going after girls that pretty much assume a filler position and don't bring anything new, or just look too much like another girl (and I know you like Martha so bear with me girl), but I just think it's not a good thing for VS, instead of trying to find evident replacements for certain girls, they just need to go for someone completely different and make a new star/bombshell or whatever you'd like to call it. That's why I get upset when girls like Doutzen or Alessandra get pushed to the side. For one, they don't look like any of the other girls VS has, they're a lot sexier in my honest opinion (easily can be noticed in the VSFS and their work), tend to have better lingerie bodies (I think Ale can be excluded from that one, she's sort of lost her body, Doutzen still has that magnificent booty that nobody else has), not to mention in general they get better public response and much more attention than the girls VS uses the most right now which basically consists of Behati, Candice, Lily, Karlie, Martha and/or Lais (but Candice is excluded because she does get good reception). 

Really just in a simple statement, my view is that they need to stop going for girls they think can revamp some sort of budget level dream team and that you could replace anytime and go after someone that can be the next hit girl, I hope that made sense I feel like I've repeated myself way too much in a couple of sentences :p

I totally agree with all of this. I think the problem is that the modeling industry has changed drastically since the "golden days" of VS. Nowadays it is very difficult for models to have any staying power, and the industry has been prioritizing girls that have more of an anonymous look for HF, which is where most of the VS models come from anyway. The modeling industry is now essentially a revolving door, with few models making it past having a great season. There are exceptions of course, as always (Joan Smalls, Kate Upton, Nina Agdal, Karlie Kloss, etc)

I don't have any problem with Martha as a regular VS model, but as an angel, I'm sorry, she brings nothing new. I totally agree with you that she comes off as a filler girl, rather than a unique model for the commercial. But lets be real, it's a Michael Bay commercial. It's not like it's gonna be anything iconic or memorable after a few months.

I'm probably gonna be called out/shat on for this, but I wish they had used Elsa in Martha's place for the commercial. It would be a great way to transition Elsa into mainline, and she totally has a unique look that would stand out. Plus she gives the other angels a run for their money with her body.

Off topic, but I wonder if any of the angels will get pregnant this year? Any bets? I have a feeling Adriana and Ale are done. But who knows, maybe Lily will have another? I don't think Doutzen can get pregnant this year because she's going into space or whatever. I can't even imagine Behati pregnant LOL