Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Off topic, but I wonder if any of the angels will get pregnant this year? Any bets? I have a feeling Adriana and Ale are done. But who knows, maybe Lily will have another? I don't think Doutzen can get pregnant this year because she's going into space or whatever. I can't even imagine Behati pregnant LOL

Well it looks like you got your answer Gab. :D

Congrats to Doutzen. I guess that one of the reasons why she didnt shoot the commercial(s) in Miami with the other angels.

Does this mean that Doutzen will remain angel throughout 2014? It would obviously be unethical for VS to release her if she's on maternity leave, not to mention against the law.

But yeah, this explains why Doutzen wasn't in Miami now! And the cancellation of her Desigual show in Barcelona too I would suppose. 

So I guess she won't be going into space. Shame. Also no FB. Good news is she will still be able to walk the VSFS.

I know it's super early to start this discussion, but I think it's gonna go to either Lily or Behati, for sure now. Probably Behati.

Hardly unethical or against the law. Chances are she signed a body clause in her contract, which she is directly going against by becoming pregnant. However the company has obviously in previous years overlooked that and been more then happy to work with their angels that have become pregnant. Regardless, if her contract is up it wont matter if she's pregnant or not as VS contracts have in the past been based on a period of time not on hours worked. So if her contract was set to expire in 2014 they would have to sit down and renegotiate a longer contract, or choose to not renew. If they choose not to sign another contract there are no legal ramifications as her pregnancy has nothing to do with the expiration of the previous contract.

^Unethical how, Gabriel? If her contract is up and they don't want to renew/she doesn't want to then there's nothing wrong with that. This is what contracts are for, to protect both parties, and I am sure VS wouldn't be stupid enough to fire someone under contract because they could sue. I think she renewed already probably or will soon.

And I think the FB will be between Adriana and Behati this year unless Lily can prove to me otherwise. The FB usually goes to the person they are shoving down your throat in every campaign. Adriana had Valentine's, Behati had Swim (I think along with Candice), I think Adriana will be the main face of VSX for the Spring/Summer and Behati (with Adriana) will be the main face of the S/S Miami shoot thing.

^^^(Not a lawyer or anything, but) it's unethical in that in the U.S. no woman can be fired or not hired due to their pregnancy status or intention of becoming pregnant. Because they operate out of the U.S., I don't think VS would be able to have a girl sign a body clause saying she can't get pregnant. 

Renegotiation is a little tricker but Doutzen could certainly sue if VS decided they did not want to renew her contract on the basis of her pregnancy. But I don't think that will at all be an issue; I have a feeling she will renew if she hasn't already.

I also think Doutzen could still get the FB, especially if she delivers by July. They'd just have to shoot for it a little later. But I will guess it will probably go to Adriana or Behati like Savanna said. Maaaaybe Alessandra. Probably Adriana.

^^^(Not a lawyer or anything, but) it's unethical in that in the U.S. no woman can be fired or not hired due to their pregnancy status or intention of becoming pregnant. Because they operate out of the U.S., I don't think VS would be able to have a girl sign a body clause saying she can't get pregnant.

Renegotiation is a little tricker but Doutzen could certainly sue if VS decided they did not want to renew her contract on the basis of her pregnancy. But I don't think that will at all be an issue; I have a feeling she will renew if she hasn't already.

I also think Doutzen could still get the FB, especially if she delivers by July. They'd just have to shoot for it a little later. But I will guess it will probably go to Adriana or Behati like Savanna said. Maaaaybe Alessandra. Probably Adriana.

Ale gave birth in May and shot the FB July 12th. They gave her time to get into some shape. If Doutzen gives birth late July/early August, I don't see it happening. They will probably start making the bra soon too.

Really great news for Doutzen. She won't be headed to space now I assume. She's wonderful and deserves all the happiness.

In regards to the FB, Behati will get it. I could see them giving it to Lily. She's done very well over the last year outside of VS. Booked covers, campaigns, editorials etc and does seem to have a bit of a following. But I'm sure VS will pump out Behati now even more so with her getting married to that loser Levine.

Doubt Karlie would get it just yet. You never know with VS though. Selita got it her 2nd year as an Angel and Marisa in her last year over girls who worked longer.

I was watching those new videos on youtube. The Swim clothing thing. I couldn't finish it. Lindsay was just killing me. Her delivery is just sooooo fake. And the VDay Crazy Love video was annoying. Martha's voice annoys me for some reason. She's not bad but she seems high.

http://www.businessinsider.com/behati-prinsloo-victorias-secret-bio-2014-1

I think Behati will be getting the Fantasy Bra this year.....

I like Behati and i mean shes alright..but I dont think she deserves the FB just yet..but then again FB isnt what it use to be anymore.

I'd rather Adriana or Doutzen wear it anyway..

I cannot handle another video with Lindsay anymore..she sucks the life out of EVERYTHING...Its time to retire Lindsay and Alessandra..I'd say Lily but i see her doing better now.

I also think Doutzen could still get the FB, especially if she delivers by July. They'd just have to shoot for it a little later. But I will guess it will probably go to Adriana or Behati like Savanna said. Maaaaybe Alessandra. Probably Adriana.

Actually Heidi openly talked about her "body clause" that she broke when she was pregnant. Not to mention, if you are signing on for a job that requires a certain physique then yes, any type of clause can be worked into the contract. Both parties sign it knowingly. It's not like Doutzen, or Adriana, or Alessandra, or any other girl who gets pregnant can be used to market lingerie or swimwear, (not any of the current VS lines).

Another case of having a body clause is Baywatch

Traci Bingham, who roamed the beach as Jordan Tate from 1996 to 1998, revealed that the beautiful beach bodies on "Baywatch" were contractually-obligated. "If you did anything to gain or lose weight, etc. you were in trouble," Bingham said. "There's a lot of pressure. It was in my contract. You really had to stay fit for the show."

The weight clause was clear -- hit the gym or hit the road.

"[There] was a five-pound fluctuation you couldn't go up or down," explained Nicole Eggert, who starred as Summer Quinn from 1992 to 1994.

Both American companies/productions, both banking their money on having girls who fit a certain mold/stereotype. So chances are whenever one of these girls gets pregnant they have money knocked off their contract, or the company can choose to overlook the clause, which they may very well do as they have a fairly strong working relationship with the majority of their contract models. But in the end, it's still money out of their pocket if the girls are breaching contract.

Also, I believe I can recall when Candice came under fire by the media for being to slim the company in essence told her to gain weight as it wasn't deemed good publicity or the correct marketing path. If there wasn't a contractual clause they quite probably wouldn't have said anything.

I like Behati and i mean shes alright..but I dont think she deserves the FB just yet..but then again FB isnt what it use to be anymore.

I cannot handle another video with Lindsay anymore..she sucks the life out of EVERYTHING...Its time to retire Lindsay and Alessandra..I'd say Lily but i see her doing better now.

The problem is the only reason why Behati is as well known as she is now is because of Adam. She isn't known as "Behati Prinsloo the model", she's known as "Behati Prinsloo Adam Levine's Fiance", but yeah, she doesn't deserve the FB at all in my opinion, and if she were to get it it'd be really expensive and they'd probably have an entire segment to her, give her the Miranda treatment and let the whole show be the Behati show (Worst case scenario)

Also, I believe I can recall when Candice came under fire by the media for being to slim the company in essence told her to gain weight as it wasn't deemed good publicity or the correct marketing path. If there wasn't a contractual clause they quite probably wouldn't have said anything.

Could Chanel also be an example in that case? She was told to put on weight for the show if I'm correct, Lindsay also says she puts on weight for the show. However nowadays it seems to be an advantage for VS if one of their more popular girls get's pregnant, it gets them a whole lot of publicity for the post-baby body and it usually get's widespread attention, pretty much 2010-2012 had these cases (and they all wore the Fantasy Bra in those years). If it was a lesser known girl in comparison to Adriana, Ale, Doutzen and Candice like Lindsay or Karlie, it would probably be a lot more to do with the money for VS, however those girls don't really have the firm love of the public either so it's sort of works out.

The problem is the only reason why Behati is as well known as she is now is because of Adam. She isn't known as "Behati Prinsloo the model", she's known as "Behati Prinsloo Adam Levine's Fiance", but yeah, she doesn't deserve the FB at all in my opinion, and if she were to get it it'd be really expensive and they'd probably have an entire segment to her, give her the Miranda treatment and let the whole show be the Behati show (Worst case scenario)

Oh lord I hope not..i hope she gets the Ale treatment lol...

I hope Adriana gets another Bra or CANDICE again (watch all these crazy fans get worked up ahhaa)

I'm just ready for a New Angel lineup