Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

^ That's so horrible what happened there. I feel very touched, way more than in the Paris attacks, because well, i live in the south of France, pretty close from Nice...

It's happened during the firework of BastilleDay, while families and all were watching it ... 

50 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Prez Trump will make America great again :PinkCouture2:

Well at this point it's not even about America. The West as a whole has adopted this excruciatingly naive point of view towards the reality of our common enemies. And Trump for damn sure can't fix this on his own. I just wish everyone would take a deep look inside themselves and consider our options. Either we take the fight to them, or we will continue to turn on the news every few weeks and watch our fellow, innocent, citizens get slaughtered. What's most frustrating is we have everything we need to destroy them....but we choose not to....even as they continue to destroy us.

18 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

Killing children in their dad/mom arms or in their strollers with a truck :sad:

Cowardice at it's best

You live in France, you maybe cross their way everydays, so, you know of what kind of crap we're talking about ...Not surprising, and that's the probleme!

Every fucking day now. Nihilism and complacency are cruel siblings but my god is it hard not to view the events of this year as the first signs of the end of the world.

13 hours ago, RIP_Cabrini_Green said:

What's most frustrating is we have everything we need to destroy them....but we choose not to....even as they continue to destroy us.

I'm not arguing that there is a problem, I don't want to argue with anyone today, but it's really about the civilians who would be affected. The amount of people affected by these extremist attacks is nowhere near the amount of innocents being slaughtered for resisting Daesh in the areas they're taking over, the same people who would be collateral damage in a bombing campaign. No action exists in a bubble. Which is the entire difficulty of war, it's why you have the Dutchbat in Yugoslavia completely failing to prevent a genocide, the Invasion of Iraq's civilian toll, for every ISIS fighter there are civilians who have been caught up in their war and had their own lives taken. 

Reactionary politics are difficult to resist in times like these but this world is nowhere close to being easy to solve.

(I study International Law with an emphasis on the Law of War so I had a hard time resisting the urge to share my viewpoint, please know I don't mean to attack or condescend, just offer another perspective.)