Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

23 minutes ago, elfstone said:

Have to wonder which one of the Bush era neocon warmonger hacks will replace him

If it ends up being Tom Cotton, we should all prepare for a war with Iran.

its a bit conspiratorial, but part of me worries the Syria and Afghanistan drawdowns are an attempt to regroup for a future invasion of Iran. There’s plenty of individuals within Trumps circle now that have had a hard-on for Iran since ‘03. (Some even wanted to bomb Iran and Iraq together at that point)

Kelly, McMaster and Mattis were the only ones willing to push back against that thinking. I have no clue who in the current Trump NatSec bubble would prevent that from happening now. John Bolton has wanted an Iran war for a long long time. Now there’s no one there to stop him.

2 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

So we have another government shut down. 

The politicians will still be paid their wages, while most of the Everyman Worker won’t get paid. :iconemoticonlame:

Those who need the paycheck the most won’t get them. :cry2:

None of Trump's policies have any popular support :cain:

His tax cuts, assault on Obamacare, his refusal to raise the minimum wage. All he has is hate and thats the only weapon he'll use, which is why building the wall is the only thing that matters to him rn. You get the idea :)

1 hour ago, RIP_Cabrini_Green said:

If it ends up being Tom Cotton, we should all prepare for a war with Iran.

its a bit conspiratorial, but part of me worries the Syria and Afghanistan drawdowns are an attempt to regroup for a future invasion of Iran. There’s plenty of individuals within Trumps circle now that have had a hard-on for Iran since ‘03. (Some even wanted to bomb Iran and Iraq together at that point)

Kelly, McMaster and Mattis were the only ones willing to push back against that thinking. I have no clue who in the current Trump NatSec bubble would prevent that from happening now. John Bolton has wanted an Iran war for a long long time. Now there’s no one there to stop him.

All perennial war hawks! They might not be as radical as Cotton but they move in the same direction. They just move at a slower pace.

53 minutes ago, elfstone said:

None of Trump's policies have any popular support :cain:

His tax cuts, assault on Obamacare, his refusal to raise the minimum wage. All he has is hate and thats the only weapon he'll use, which is why building the wall is the only thing that matters to him rn. You get the idea :)

Yeah I do. 

Thing about the shutdown is that it has happened in the past. My family has been there before growing up. 

The only thing that the current bully in office has done that I sort of liked is dropping the irs penalty for not having coverage.

im praying that he’s a one term and done pres.