Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

I'm going to watch it..

I'm indifferent to forced diversity IF the actors are genuine stars that can perform well and attract audiences & if there is no conflict in the narrative.  If they are crap actors and/or the plot has to take some ludicrous turns to keep them there, they don't belong in the role.

31 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I'm going to watch it..

I'm indifferent to forced diversity IF the actors are genuine stars that can perform well and attract audiences & if there is no conflict in the narrative.  If they are crap actors and/or the plot has to take some ludicrous turns to keep them there, they don't belong in the role.

What about the story telling and characters?

That's what I was talking about..

the weirdness/problems with some of the recent TV shows and films have to do with the fact that minority/women actors are in general not as good and the producers seemed to have greatly overestimated how liberal their targeted market is.  

10 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

That's what I was talking about..

the weirdness/problems with some of the recent TV shows and films have to do with the fact that minority/women actors are in general not as good and the producers seemed to have greatly overestimated how liberal their targeted market is.  

It's shitty writing and storytelling that has forced SJW narratives n my opinion.

When they start ruining characters that we loved growing up, the fans will start to revolt. Check out the Fandom Menace.

4 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

@Enrico_sw@CandleVixen@Cult Icon

Do not watch the video if you're going to see the movie, basically what he says at the end is what's wrong with all these new franchise movies.

I won't go and see it anyway. When producers mold their movies with SJW material, they usually forget about the artistic dimension and end up creating dull/manichean movies. In other words

gwgb.jpg

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

I won't go and see it anyway. When producers mold their movies with SJW material, they usually forget about the artistic dimension and end up creating dull/manichean movies. In other words

gwgb.jpg

:rolleyes:

Which means they don't give a fuck in the first place and just want that cheddar.

12 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

It's shitty writing and storytelling that has forced SJW narratives n my opinion.

Seems to be the opposite, as the SJW narrative is force-fed into the story and messes it up because it isn't executed well.  Lagethera from Vikings is an example of a feminist power-fantasy character done right for the first couple of seasons.  She added a lot of value to the show.  Certainly, Lagethera is more interesting than a wife in a dress.  Then she became so iconic that the showrunners wouldn't retire her and now she's still in the show in an increasingly ridiculous manner.

I'm OK with more diversity and more perspectives in film/TV provided IF it works and innovates.   Like in the past there was  new character tropes and plotlines that created similar controversies (but with everyone being white).   However going SJW is definitely for those of a higher risk tolerance. eg It's hard to find women that can convincingly play the role of a male warlord.  Most men can't even pull that of...  Also like i said before, white actors are the best actors and most bankable stars.. there isn't a stock of asian, black, latino, transgender, etc. english-speaking actors that can match those trained in the UK!!!  And let's be cold-blooded, white women are better looking on average than the rest... Maybe after many years a generation of minority actors can emerge to become bankable stars themselves.  Only the blacks have really managed this.  

The losses of some recent films/tv shows to the embrace of SJW may turn out sunk costs/seed corn to bring minorities and homosexuals/transgender into the fold.  

One of the things I've noticed is how they often use half-asians instead of full asians in films.  Race mixing isn't that common among asians but apparently it's bad marketing to use a full asian actor.  Once in a while a full Asian women like Zhang ziyi are useful as sex objects but asian men are considered  too "mongoloid" and ugly for white eyes...

9 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

Seems to be the opposite, as the SJW narrative is force-fed into the story and messes it up because it isn't executed well.  Lagethera from Vikings is an example of a feminist power-fantasy character done right for the first couple of seasons.  She added a lot of value to the show.  Certainly, Lagethera is more interesting than a wife in a dress.  Then she became so iconic that the showrunners wouldn't retire her and now she's still in the show in an increasingly ridiculous manner.

I'm OK with more diversity and more perspectives in film/TV provided IF it works and innovates.   Like in the past there was  new character tropes and plotlines that created similar controversies (but with everyone being white).   However going SJW is definitely for those of a higher risk tolerance. eg It's hard to find women that can convincingly play the role of a male warlord.  Most men can't even pull that of...  Also like i said before, white actors are the best actors and most bankable stars.. there isn't a stock of asian, black, latino, transgender, etc. english-speaking actors that can match those trained in the UK!!!  And let's be cold-blooded, white women are better looking on average than the rest... Maybe after many years a generation of minority actors can emerge to become bankable stars themselves.  Only the blacks have really managed this.  

The losses of some recent films/tv shows to the embrace of SJW may turn out sunk costs/seed corn to bring minorities and homosexuals/transgender into the fold.  

One of the things I've noticed is how they often use half-asians instead of full asians in films.  Race mixing isn't that common among asians but apparently it's bad marketing to use a full asian actor.  Once in a while a full Asian women like Zhang ziyi are useful as sex objects but asian men are considered  too "mongoloid" and ugly for white eyes...

My point it's shitty writing and storytelling besides being unoriginal. Hollywood sacrifices creativity now for money, should be a balance of the two.

Look at Rey. Rey is a Mary Sue and is so terribly written that other established characters were sacrificed to build her up mighty shittily.

I agree that the UK produces very good actors, but so does Europe and the rest of the world except for America. American actors under 40 aren't very good for the most part. Something happened with the all standards like education for example.

We just want to be entertained as it's an escape and has always been an escape. Nowadays politics is in everything and ruining things we love.

Michelle Yeoh and Gong Li could've made it in America. Takeshi Kaneshiro could've made it in America.

Bottom Line: I want a good story and characters which would make me more open to some messages.