Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

6 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Perhaps there was no more good story in this movie beyond two movies?

And you could argue that even the second one already repeats many of the ideas of the first one, just with a much bigger budget.

There was, but KK and Jar Jar Abrams threw out Lucas' stories for 7, 8, and 9. After lying to his face.

They never wrote an outline for the trilogy and just wrote the story one movie at a time with different directors.

Lastly you don't tear down great characters to prop up new characters, that's just bad writing.

25 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Disney spent $4 billion to FUBAR Star Wars...Bravo Mickey, you're such a great snobbish political gerbil.:banghead:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I think I recall reading that Disney already made back that investment?

So it's all going to be pure profit from now on. Crazy to think about, really.

They made money based on the heritage from George Lucas. Now that they squandered it, it doesn't work anymore. They're like a rich kid who broke their expensive toy.:laugh:

8 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I think you are right. It's not only about the movies, it's also the theme parks and merchandising, etc.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

Disney spent $4 billion to FUBAR Star Wars...Bravo Mickey, you're such a great snobbish political gerbil.:banghead:

FUBAR is right.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Galaxy's Edge theme park has failed so far. It has no OT characters, rumor is they don't want to include them because GL gets a 25% cut.

1 hour ago, jkjk said:

I think you are right. It's not only about the movies, it's also the theme parks and merchandising, etc.

Yes their theme parks flopped and no one is buying the merchandise because no one cares about these ST characters.

The video game industry is the last sector in entertainment that still tries to make original stories, characters and they only care about entertainment.

I hope that it will last and that they won't be plagued like Hollywood has been.

1 minute ago, Enrico_sw said:

The video game industry is the last sector in entertainment that still tries to make original stories, characters and they only care about entertainment.

I hope that it will last and that they won't be plagued like Hollywood has been.

I read recently that video games have political agendas in them too.

Just now, Stromboli1 said:

I read recently that video games have political agendas in them too.

PC is a plague.... it tries to get everywhere, but there are antibodies in the video game industry. A lot of video game designers still have a backbone and they don't care about the fanatics from woke twitter who try to harass them.

Video games are fucked too nowadays. The big studios have squeezed most of the creativity out of them and have destroyed some of its best studios or otherwise changed them beyond recognition (Visceral, BioWare, ...).

They want you to buy the 17th iteration of CoD, not an original game that might fail.

2 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Video games are fucked too nowadays. The big studios have squeezed most of the creativity out of them and have destroyed some of its best studios or otherwise changed them beyond recognition (Visceral, BioWare, ...).

They want you to buy the 17th iteration of CoD, not an original game that might fail.

Loot boxes dude.