Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Proof this woman knows nothing about Star Wars.

Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow was slated to write and direct Episode IX before you brought J.J. Abrams back in. Is this final entry in the trilogy a particularly hard nut to crack?
Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels. We don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/lucasfilm-president-kathleen-kennedy-interview-rise-skywalker-future-star-wars-912393/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, Stromboli1 said:

Well it was their own choice to dismiss all of the extended universe stuff when they tackled the franchise.

But even if you start from a position of "all of the non-movie stuff of the past does not matter" that does not need to be a bad thing. It's an exciting blank slate from my perspective.

3 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well it was their own choice to dismiss all of the extended universe stuff when they tackled the franchise.

But even if you start from a position of "all of the non-movie stuff of the past does not matter" that does not need to be a bad thing. It's an exciting blank slate from my perspective.

Did you read what she said?

You can't complain there was no source material at all when she jettisoned the EU and George's outline for the sequel trilogy.

58 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Did you read what she said?

You can't complain there was no source material at all when she jettisoned the EU and George's outline for the sequel trilogy.

I think the choice to jettison much of the EU was partially due to IP concerns. I believe some of that stuff was in propriety hazy situations, so it was easier just to stay away from it.

5 hours ago, Kane said:

IG embeds on this site are driving me crazy! :girlbanghead:

The IG embeds make threads take forever to load. Wish there was a way to embed or link them where it just extracts the pictures and source. Or just give us the option to turn them off.

Also you're a girl?! :nicole:

10 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Kennedy is a pathological liar. Her goons (like Rian) are just the same. These gravediggers have wounded the franchise, but...

... Star Wars' fandom is quite strong. The fans don't get easily impressed by the bullies from the media and big companies. They stand and they state their opinion. They illustrate them with arguments/facts, and they are always open to diversity of thought (something they forgot in Hollywood).

In the long run, I hope that the doctrinaire bullies (like Kennedy) will lose.

2 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Kennedy is a pathological liar. Her goons (like Rian) are just the same. These gravediggers have wounded the franchise, but...

... Star Wars' fandom is quite strong. The fans don't get easily impressed by the bullies from the media and big companies. They stand and they state their opinion. They illustrate them with arguments/facts, and they are always open to diversity of thought (something they forgot in Hollywood).

In the long run, I hope that the doctrinaire bullies (like Kennedy) will lose.

Kennedy and Jar Jar Abrams are the big culprits for me, Rian is secondary.

Wonder which franchise Jar Jar Abrams will ruin next? He fucked up Star Trek, Star Wars, and is going to WB after TROS.

I'm all in on Favreau leading Star Wars now.