Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

50 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I think that the Star Wars fan community is overzealous and expect way too much.  They want the magic of the first two films to repeat itself again, which won't happen.  They seem to want what was accomplished in literature/comics to come to life on the big screen. They want to lose their virginity twice!

IMHO the Prequels were corny but not terrible.  The recent set of films are even worse than the prequels.  Rogue One was OK- and reasonably good for practical production values.

We never were going to get peak Star Wars again and I can accept that.

I just want them to respect the source material and get politics out of movies. Entertainment is an escapism from the real world, don't want to see politics in it. Everything everywhere is political now.

This is not isolated to Star Wars either.

5 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

You can't "get the politics" out of movies/TV/games now,  it's too late and too pervasive.    The battle has been won already

You can if people stop paying for it.

It's been proven that the people they're marketing to don't buy merchandise and support the movies & TV shows with the political agendas in it.

I don't think that the minority of people complaining about these things 24-7 really care about Terminator, Star Wars, or any other franchise as much as they are presenting it.

There are sufficient number of people worldwide who enjoy these social justice messages so the battle has been lost.  I doubt that RW types outnumber them in the marketplace.  I also doubt that the marketing staffs of entertainment companies are making these big decisions without recourse to market research and scientific sampling.

1 hour ago, Stromboli1 said:

We never were going to get peak Star Wars again and I can accept that.

I just want them to respect the source material and get politics out of movies. Entertainment is an escapism from the real world, don't want to see politics in it. Everything everywhere is political now.

This is not isolated to Star Wars either.

Lucas used so much fascist imagery for his Empire that you can't claim that the original trilogy was free from politics.

2 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Lucas used so much fascist imagery for his Empire that you can't claim that the original trilogy was free from politics.

One of my WW2 sub-interests is the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (Adolf Hitler's elite bodyguard unit: combat record, military culture and rituals, war crimes, personalities)- they were the original inspiration for the storm troopers and the empire.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

You came in late to the argument, by politics I'm talking about identity politics.

The OT & PT had politics in them, but not identity politics.

It's interesting to see how people just say that times are changing and "that's how it is". It's a cliché as old as humanity. Of course, times have changed, but they will change again. Is there a quasi-monopoly of far left PC ideas in today's media? Yes. Is it long-lasting? No. :no2:

It won't last because monopolistic ideas have a high probability to self destruct. It won't last because PC ideas are extremist. Extremist concepts can prevail for a time, but eventually they die, thanks to the people that got crushed by it. And their number grows everyday (because PC is an ogre that eats its children). Also, the young ones (SJW are mostly kids) eventually grow up.

So, you can sit and relax, while other people do the job, but Woke Hollywood will be gone in the next couple of years. It's a matter of time :smoker:

6 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

You can if people stop paying for it.

Of course it works. The fandom menace shook "Woke Disney" up and their snobbish PC bullies. In November, we got good star wars stuff (like the Mandalorian and Jedi Fallen Order) thanks to the fandom menace. Sure, some bullies in the media don't like it, but that's too bad for them :laugh:

So, we won't shut up and we will say what we think, because it works, and even if it didn't, we still do what the f*** we want. :bellazon:

3 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Of course it works. The fandom menace shook "Woke Disney" up and their snobbish PC bullies. In November, we got good star wars stuff (like the Mandalorian and Jedi Fallen Order) thanks to the fandom menace. Sure, some bullies in the media don't like it, but that's too bad for them :laugh:

So, we won't shut up and we will say what we think, because it works, and even if it didn't, we still do what the f*** we want. :bellazon:

Jar Jar Abrams named the Fandom Menace by name in an interview.