Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

8 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I think there's gonna be a new trilogy, whatever happens to SJW ep.9, because Mickey spent too much money ($4 billion) to buy Lucasfilm... :/

I hope next time they'll cut the PC crap (and that they remember there's something called "a scenario" that's a lot more important :rolleyes:).

D&D's trilogy is gone now and Rian's trilogy seems up in the air with the way he talks about it, I think KK might be done and Feige is taking over Star Wars.

2 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

D&D's trilogy is gone now and Rian's trilogy seems up in the air with the way he talks about it, I think KK might be done and Feige is taking over Star Wars.

I hope Rian never works for SW again, because he's basically a PC zealot whose brain is so much focused on being woke that it forgot to work on a scenario, complex characters, etc.  (also, according to him, anyone that criticizes his work is necessarily a Russian trollbot :rofl:)

K. Kennedy belongs to the editorial board of some political "newspaper" (like the Huffpost :rolleyes:). Feige makes more sense, because at least he seems to understand that entertainment is about entertainment (not politics).

7 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I hope Rian never works for SW again, because he's basically a PC zealot whose brain is so much focused on being woke that it forgot to work on a scenario, complex characters, etc.  (also, according to him, anyone that criticizes his work is necessarily a Russian trollbot :rofl:)

K. Kennedy belongs to the editorial board of some political "newspaper" (like the Huffpost :rolleyes:). Feige makes more sense, because at least he seems to understand that entertainment is about entertainment (not politics).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/why-star-wars-didnt-work-game-thrones-duo

43 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

I think there's gonna be a new trilogy, whatever happens to SJW ep.9, because Mickey spent too much money ($4 billion) to buy Lucasfilm... :/

I hope next time they'll cut the PC crap (and that they remember there's something called "a scenario" that's a lot more important :rolleyes:).

Above everything, Disney is a company and cares about making money. If they make money with PC stuff, they will keep doing it, if they don't make money, they will stop.

Companies are not leaders in social movements and change (and it doesn't matter if the change is good or bad). They can't take the risk.

36 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

I completely forgot about Feige and Star Wars, probably because specifics have not come out yet. My only worry about him is that there is a chance he is taking on too much.

40 minutes ago, jkjk said:

Above everything, Disney is a company and cares about making money. If they make money with PC stuff, they will keep doing it, if they don't make money, they will stop.

That's the kind of reasoning I used to have, but there are a couple of key factors that dampens it and the decision-making process is not always that simple:

- understanding the cause of revenue losses is not that easy. Groupthink blinds marketers and they don't have perfect foresight.

- businesses can make bad decisions for a sustained period of time. Of course, it doesn't last forever and it "should" stop in the long run, but... in the long run, the company might die :forgetting_wft:(maybe not Disney, but Lucasfilm can certainly die)

- in a competitive market, what you say happens faster, but the entertainment industry is an oligopoly :/

- in the age of "woke capital", snobbery is on par with money

40 minutes ago, jkjk said:

They can't take the risk.

They also can't take the risk to offend film critics, that's why they lick their boots (and critics are vastly politically motivated).

13 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I completely forgot about Feige and Star Wars, probably because specifics have not come out yet. My only worry about him is that there is a chance he is taking on too much.

I don't see how they can keep KK anymore, too many negative things happened on her watch.

Too me it seems like an image problem.

This is the biggest underlining issue with Star Wars in my opinion.

Unlike Marvel, which has had a clear vision of its cinematic universe, Star Wars has had trouble finding its footing.

14 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

I don't see how they can keep KK anymore, too many negative things happened on her watch.

6 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

She's a suit, not a creative.

I think you are right. It seems like every time there is a conflict on one of the films it's between her and a creative, usually a director.

The difference between what I have seen about her and Feige is that when he has a disagreement with a director it's about seeing the movie differently creatively, which I don't hear in stories about KK.

12 minutes ago, jkjk said:

I think you are right. It seems like every time there is a conflict on one of the films it's between her and a creative, usually a director.

The difference between what I have seen about her and Feige is that when he has a disagreement with a director it's about seeing the movie differently creatively, which I don't hear in stories about KK.

She has no creative vision, that was Lucas & Spielberg before Disney bought Lucasfilm.

This is Star Wars' issue post Lucas....................

Unlike Marvel, which has had a clear vision of its cinematic universe, Star Wars has had trouble finding its footing.

11 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Disney's officials seem clueless, which once again illustrates that it's tough for companies to see where marketing problems lie. Also, they obviously don't care about the audience when they call them "rabid" or "toxic"... it's pointless disregard for people who merely express disagreements.

As for the journalists, after their biased reviews on Joker, their level of credibility has sunk.

Kennedy and her team were only looking for people to stick to the company line

Kennedy should go. She doesn't care about creative content or the audience, it's just about her "line". :DanniCullen: