Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

Nice cover, well done Kate.

btw some of the people at TFS are ____ as shit. :rofl: Most of them seem to think that cover is inspired by Marliyn. O.o

I'm not sure why anyone would think Marliyn was the inspiration in the first place considering the woman wasn't even a factor till 40 years after that the magazine was already out. This isn't the anniversary of 2050, but it's great so see that people can take their own flights of fancy and run with it.

The article clearly states what angle the magazine was going with for Kate's look and it has nothing to do with Marylin.

Inside the issue, Leibovitz photographs Upton lounging on the moon, mimicking the illustration on the original cover of Dress & Vanity Fair from October 1, 1913

It is 100% inspired by Marilyn -the swimsuit and the dark dress inside- but there is nothing wrong with that. I did not read the article yet but I think people at VF sniffed too much hairspray during the shoot and they totally forgot Marilyn was the inspiration.

And Jessica Rabbit & Rita Hayworth.

post-19830-0-12703000-1378312228_thumb.j

post-19830-0-62861600-1378312232_thumb.j

post-19830-0-93771800-1378312237_thumb.j

Yes Marilyn is clearly not the inspiration... Brain fart VF team?

Here is that first cover that they got inspiration from.

http://www.condenast.com/about-us/heritage/1913/vanity-fair-launches

It's like the first pic of the editorial.  On the cover Kate is reminiscent of MM singing, "happy birthday Mr. President".  Kate in 50's style is always going to look like Marilyn.  But yeah, definitely inspired by MM.

The Marilyn statement would have more validity however it doesn't matter what Kate does, in every single shoot people are claiming she was pulling a Marilyn.

Put her in a bikini with a semi stupid stare, and a gaspy mouth expression and she's Marilyn

Put Kate in the latest couture with finger waves in her hair and it's... MARILYN!!
People need to be a hell of a lot more creative when making little comparisons or just let Kate who was blessed (or cursed) be the woman she is. (It's the same thing to every single model past and present who has dark hair, dark skin and blue eyes being Adriana)

I'll play though:

So everyone wants to say Marilyn, I wanna say Diana Dors

post-1004-0-1446078301-638_thumb.jpg

post-1004-0-1446078301-6518_thumb.jpg

Such an original and unique look Kate and Marilyn have/had right? But don't tell that to the hundreds of millions of woman world wide who had similar curves, style and evening attire from the late 40's to early 60's. Every one of them clearly wanted to look like a drug addiction self-absorbed hack of a "actress" who slept with married guy.

Point is is that instead of jumping on Kate looks like MM, why can't people see that Kate embodies and entire genre of glamor from an era long gone except in current fringe cultural.

I have to say, this shoot is 100% Marilyn inspired and I'm love in it. 

However, I can see where Pretty is coming from, everything Kate does people jumps and said it's Marilyn inspired and to be honest this is barely the second time I feel like they actually wanted her to channel Marilyn. Is just that the average idiot associates blonde girls with big tits to Marilyn these days :idk:

Totally agree with you Pretty but fashion is always to try to do something new with old things. They could use Kate to do many new wonderful things but they just take the easy route. Blond, curves and tits? Year let's do a MM shoot. And it's clearly what they did.

Kate is not looking like Marilyn and is not trying to look like her. That's not Kate trying to be MM but only  fashion editors with zero imagination. People with a bit of knowledge about the "old Hollywood" and the actress before Marilyn can see other things then a "Marilyn copycat" but as Miss LimaVzla said

Is just that the average idiot associates blonde girls with big tits to Marilyn these days

I personally thing the cover looks like Alberto Vargas work or Aslan's pin-ups drawings.