Bellazon

2009 SI Swimsuit Issue

One of the things about the print issue is that there are nearly none of these ridiculously high-contrast front-lit shots like this or this or this. I'm just not a fan of excessively angular features and those shots really highlight them, not to mention that they emphasize the cleavage trough usually associated with augmented breasts.

Maybe it's a technological thing: features seem generally smoother and not as sharp in the print issue than on-screen, and I prefer that.

I'd say that the print issue is a nice improvement from the online photos, but I'm questioning the website-as-a-bad-photos-dumping-ground strategy as prudent in the long term, if they want to improve sales. <_<

One of the things about the print issue is that there are nearly none of these ridiculously high-contrast front-lit shots like this or this or this. I'm just not a fan of excessively angular features and those shots really highlight them, not to mention that they emphasize the cleavage trough usually associated with augmented breasts.

Maybe it's a technological thing: features seem generally smoother and not as sharp in the print issue than on-screen, and I prefer that.

I'd say that the print issue is a nice improvement from the online photos, but I'm questioning the website-as-a-bad-photos-dumping-ground strategy as prudent in the long term, if they want to improve sales. <_<

Agreed....(Y)

32488169.7216cf.jpg

:nicole: You've all seen What About Mary right? lol wtf is that? SI's just getting lazy. They obviously don't know how to airbrush to save their lives, the can't photoshop for shit, and now they let that hair monstrosity make it into the magazine? lmao That picture could of been hot, till you looked at the hair. /epic fail

123241__mary_l.jpg

Are they trying to tell us there's spuge in Bar's hair as well?! :laugh: :laugh:

^ LoL! OMG, that Something about Mary thing is so true... although I agree with strawberry, the picture is still cool!

Looking at those event photos, I'm really sorry to be mean, but I can't stand Esti Ginzburg! As an SI girl or even as a model. She looks like such an average 16 year old girl it's really disturbing! I honestly don't think she's especially beautiful ( that doesn't mean I think she's ugly, just not model material.)

Also have to say I just realized I totally overlooked Daniella Sarahyba's pictures, and her shoot is WITHOUT A DOUBT my favorite in this issue. She has three shots that IMO make her the best model in the issue. These three ( sorry to repost):

c7ec7c27f7.jpga87b17ec19.jpg

4dad8513a7.jpg

These are the best pictures, IMO. They would be even better if in the first one you could see her bikini, but nevermind! Can't have it all I guess, I'm very proud of Daniella though! Thank god she broke away from the rest of the girls and actually varied her pictures! She looks amazing!

Thumbnails or small images side by side must not exceed 600 pixels in width. Thanks :) ! Please see the rules of Bellazon HERE. But thanks for your contributions :hug: . ~ Post Edited by Joe > Average

Nice pics guys :hehe: . Never seen that movie, but that is funny :laugh: .

I don't expect all of you to agree with me, nor is this meant as a personal attack against any of the models, it is just my opinion on the pictures and SI's personal choices on how to have these models represent.

*edited/shortened*

....o.0 Seriously SI FLOATIES!?....

Irina Shayk - Naples, Italy - blue, green, yellow

Last year she looked like the over-sexed blow up doll with the messy hair... this year she still looks over-sexed, still has messy hair and is still trying extremely hard to be sexy. Same poses, same facial expressions... She has yet to find something new to set her apart from the other models

Daniella Sarahbya - Naples, Italy - blue, pink, yellow

First girl I've seen give a genuine smile yet, check one in her favor. Her poses may not be the best, her modeling may leave a little bit to be desired, but her personality shines through, and she looks like she's honestly having fun. I am not her biggest fan, every time I've read her name in the past I think of the Lion King and Scar calling for Simba's mother because they're not getting enough food for him and the hyena's but.. I liked her this year.

Jarah Mariano - Canouan Island, The Grenadines - pink

Sex appeal non-existant, but if she were modeling for an all girls magazine, or a teen magazine she would be stellar. The poses for the most part are off, she has better posture then some of the girls but she comes off in a lot of ways as very innocent. I like her, she has a unique look but I don't think the shoot was appropriate for SI.

Lucia Dvorska - Cappadocia, Turkey - mixed color scheme *cheers*!

For a rookie she didn't do bad. Some of the poses are still generic and there was a lamb in a few shots, (somewhat disturbed by that but moving past it). She had some beautiful suits, some interesting looks, a mixture of sex, innocence and an endearing look of lostness that appealed. Over all not bad, I have to agree with Prettyphile, the gritty feeling just draws you in.

Cintia Dicker - Canary Islands, Spain - yellow, gold, white

Her body... is... delicious to an umpteeth degree. She had some of the better poses, and she worked what she was given...Kuddos for high fashion bringing sexy back.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually, quite welll written :morning: .

Going to upload a few of the images that VampireHorde didn't.. they aren't the best quality scans yet, however I'm going to be switching scanners soon so hopefully I'll get some higher quality pics up.

Like I said in a previous post, I'm not scanning anymore images from this issue, so feel free to scan whatever images I skipped. My only advice to you is to NOT chicken out on the 2-page images. If you're gonna scan those two-fer pages, tear them out (CAREFULLY) and then scan them. Other than that, I anticipate seeing your handiwork soon. It better be good!

:laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
32488169.7216cf.jpg

:nicole: You've all seen What About Mary right? lol wtf is that? SI's just getting lazy. They obviously don't know how to airbrush to save their lives, the can't photoshop for shit, and now they let that hair monstrosity make it into the magazine? lmao That picture could of been hot, till you looked at the hair. /epic fail

123241__mary_l.jpg

Are they trying to tell us there's spuge in Bar's hair as well?! :laugh: :laugh:

this is a fantastic observation!!!