Bellazon

2009 SI Swimsuit Issue

It was color themed year at SI. Yanno what's a great idea guys, send a bunch of models to locations and put them in the same damn color suits!

Mexico = The White

The Grenadines = The Pink

We've officially run out of Pink & White people.

Memento, I feel bad that you felt pressured into answering what's probably my question. ;)

The eyes are part of it (they look listless). I'm also not a fan of sharp cheeks, and the lips are unnaturally shaped and plump. The freckles don't thrill me but I don't think that's the big issue.

I am not attacking anyone first of all, I was not aware that asking a question would make someone feel 'pressured' heaven forbid we have curiosity.

Anyway; about Cintia's mouth, it is very plump but it is natural if that is what you are wondering or insinuating :flower:

Poor Daniella, Jessica W. Anne V., etc. It doesn't bode well for their covermodel aspirations to get passed over for a third-year model. At least ABB got out in time to be spared the insult.

But is anyone else stumped by this being Jessica White's sixth issue, yet she's listed as only 21? I'm no math whiz, but something seems a bit wrong there. :|

Oh, yes! A Gisele/Adri combo would have been amazing!

And, Strawberry Mac, pulling at your bottoms, or hooking the thumb thing is a perfectly natural thing to do when you are with a special someone. Every does that and more! :laugh: Otherwise, it just looks like posing and even if girls ARE posing, posing should seem more natural. Again, Gisele knows how to do that and so do some of the girls in the mag but they don't do it.

I'm sure you don't march around town doing that. :laugh:

And, there is nothing wrong with being a tease. (Y) That's part of what we girls do! It's part of the whole plan :yes: :yes:

Esti Ginzburg - Naples, Italy - multi color scheme *cheers*!

Well we found our Miranda Kerr of SI... Perverts and pedophiles line up. I like her, the picture with the candles was probably one of the best this year... and then you see the floaties. o.0 Seriously SI FLOATIES!? Generic poses in most of her shots, lost facial expression. However unlike some of these models who have been around for more then one year she has a reason to look slightly lost and a reason to emulate other models.. she's an 18 year old rookie. I'd like to see what she can do next year if she comes back, but over all not that impressed.

Brooklyn Decker - Canouan Island, The Grenadines - pink

She is not Marisa Miller, can someone please inform her of that. Her body isn't as good, her face doesn't have the raw appeal of Ms Miller, nor can she pull off the bootylicious poses that Marisa did. She looks like she's trying so hard to do what Miller did, not realizing that Marisa had her spot light in flame and I don't see SI pulling the same look twice in a row. It's kinda irritating.

100% Agree about Brooklyn >.<!

I expected something better of her ... But come on, she's really tryin' to be like Marisa & that sucks >.<

In general ...

I didn't like the Issue at all ...

Lucia, Kim & some of the Cintia&Jessica's pictures save the day! ... & hummm maybe Esti, but she still too cute for SI, let's see what she can do next year

I hate all the bodypaints this year ... just awful, all of them!

Irina dissipointed me, i was expecting something better of her ... & once again, her bodypaint was uuugh, awful!

& of course the best for me was Bar, but that's b/c love is blind & i love her ... But she looks so much better in the videos!

:cry: I'm disappointed

I had a feeling that Bar will grace the cover – the pose was really bad :yuckky:

And I'm disappointed that she got the cover…

The best sport illustrated swimsuit girl this year was Cintia Dicker

:drool: :drool: :drool: Wow – she was amazing – 10 point

th_55248726329486.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-5603-0-1593825036-95336_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="f_09cintiadicm_6f63551.jpg"> f_09cintiadicm_cd4034a.jpg f_09cintiadicm_5fab769.jpg 6e205226329494.gif

:) also like the pictures of Damaris Lewis, Ariel Meredith, some also of Hilary Rhoda and Anne V.

7d2eb726329780.gif 1b869d26329782.gif

th_b54bf026330035.gif/monthly_02_2009/post-5603-0-1593825037-00424_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="09_ariel-meredith_19.jpg">

f_09hilaryrhom_11456db.jpg f_09hilaryrhom_dd6f55c.jpg

f_09annev10m_c334757.jpg 885f1b26330114.gif

But Brooklyn Decker was a bit disappointing – had expected more of her :( :(

f_09brooklyndm_8e7d52f.jpg

All over: this year’s posing was really bad :(

Aaaw, I'm glad Gisele's name has come up in this thread!

I've always DREAMED that SI would snag Gisele, the last of a great race - the supermodels :blush:

It's funny, I always liked Marisa but I never considered her a "great" SI model until today... her presence is very much missed in this issue, I think, even if you don't like her.

Also, I love Cintia, but I can get why people don't find her appealing. She has freckles, she has a slightly lazy eye, and very plush lips. To me she's stunning, but I can understand how to other people she may seems a little puffy and angular. :heart: I love that everyone has different opinions here and can express them!

I think for 2010 SI could really do with upping it's image ( as it seems to be trying to do) and maybe even scouting some AMAZING girls themselves who have the full SI package - gorgeous body, face, and vibrant personality - and perhaps contracting them for a few years so that people will get to know them as SI girls, and buy SI to see THEM, you know?

They also need to revamp their photo shoots ( This seems to be an agreed on issue in this thread). I know Julie Campbell used to attend all of the photo shoots in her day and over-see them to make sure the photographers did what SI wanted ( I even remember in one video a photographer told two of the girls to " put their buns together" and Campbell said, " No hips!" LOL!) Maybe right now it's just the photographers being left to work with the models basically on their own, and therefore IMO that would explain the more bland shoots, since the photogs maybe just think, " It's SI. It's swimwear. Eeh, just look sexy!"

I dunno, that's just a theory and it's probably wrong! :laugh:

I really feel that if they simply added ( or " re-added") three things to the photo shoots it would make a huge difference: More movement, more emotions, and more props ( Not cheesy ones, but ones that fit the environment like they used to have, e.g Kathy Ireland with the mounted fish)

If they did all this, the issue could be top-notch again ( I think, anyway)

God, I really wish they had a feedback option at the SI site!

Anyway, just want to say to everyone this thread has been really great! xXx :heart: :heart:

^ I dunno if there is a " specific reason" ( maybe someone else could say more xxx) but I know there has been speculation that her cover last year was her " send off" from SI and that she's just focusing on being a VS angel now.

Personally, I hope that's not true. I can't see why she couldn't do both, you know? Unless VS don't want her doing SI anymore... I dunno.

She could just being taking a break this year for what ever reason. Maybe she'll be back next year! Hey, she's got a cover but she hasn't beat Elle's record yet! lol!

Wanna hear something surprising? I've got the issue in my possession and Bar only has FIVE pictures in the issue!

The girl with the most photos is Brooklyn Decker followed by Irina. The only difference here is that Bar has a 3-page foldout picture.

Also, Marisa makes a cameo appearance in the issue but I won't tell you where though. ;) I'll be back later with some UHQ scans, so hang on to your jockstraps!

:D