Bellazon

2009 SI Swimsuit Issue

Also, although she's very sweet, did anyone else find the picture of Esti in the water-wings slightly disturbing? They would have been a cool prop on another girl, but on Esti they just sort of emphasized how young-looking she is!

that's not my main problem with her.

i was arritated a lot by the pose she did in almost every pic, hands on the slips..

01695126267688.gif b142c926267690.gif d46b8a26267691.gif 9746e826267693.gif 6c8bef26267694.gif a54f0b26267696.gif 5d2ffa26267699.gif ac705426267702.gif

the possibilities are 2: or she wants so much to show her :whistle: , or she really doens't have fantasy.. soooooooo boring! and the most annoying thing is that the same pose is on the cover of bar :yuckky:

Also, although she's very sweet, did anyone else find the picture of Esti in the water-wings slightly disturbing? They would have been a cool prop on another girl, but on Esti they just sort of emphasized how young-looking she is!

that's not my main problem with her.

i was arritated a lot by the pose she did in almost every pic, hands on the slips..

01695126267688.gif b142c926267690.gif d46b8a26267691.gif 9746e826267693.gif 6c8bef26267694.gif a54f0b26267696.gif 5d2ffa26267699.gif ac705426267702.gif

the possibilities are 2: or she wants so much to show her :whistle: , or she really doens't have fantasy.. soooooooo boring! and the most annoying thing is that the same pose is on the cover of bar :yuckky:

bar use always the same pose too and she is more boring

Yeah, that's another good point. IMO, if they've got such gorgeous models, they should just let them be naturally gorgeous and use lighting to create the right sort of look for the picture. Airbrushing is just the reality of today though, were everything has to be hyperreal or it's ugly.

But it makes them hyper-unreal. Not in a good way :dontgetit:

That's the point :heart: Hyperreality means a hyper ( therefore unreal) form of reality, e.g all woman in magazines having super glossy skin. That is " hyperreal".

Yeah, the posing this year was really bad, I agree. It's so confusing how they can go from the dynamic shoots that they used to do with Brinkley and Elle and Kathy and Paulina to just lumping a ton of girls on a beach and telling them to pull at their swimwear :blink:

I was going to make a comment about how poses and facial expressions < overwhelming hotness, but then I realized the more I talk in here the more likely I am becoming the equivalent of the girl at the Super Bowl party who asks endless questions about the uniforms and ruins it for the real fans.

So, I'm just gonna shut up and look at pics.

I was going to make a comment about how poses and facial expressions < overwhelming hotness, but then I realized the more I talk in here the more likely I am becoming the equivalent of the girl at the Super Bowl party who asks endless questions about the uniforms and ruins it for the real fans.

So, I'm just gonna shut up and look at pics.

:laugh: :heart: :heart:

Go ahead! What do you mean by " poses and facial expressions < overwhelming hotness"? :flower:

It's hard to explain. Modeling's skill sets are relatively unknown to me, and ultimately irrelevant beyond a point (namely, decent lighting, which is the photographer's problem). In this conversation I think I feel something like the "token girl at the sporting event" feels as all the guys around her discuss the intracacies of a sport I only vaguely comprehend or care about*. I just want to stare at all the pictures of overwhelmingly hot models and as such my criteria for rating them is far different. To me, Cintia looks kind of odd (it's the shape and proportion of her features, IMHO). A lot of the models whose threads I frequent here are rife with comments from others like, "She's too generic" which to me usually means "So, she isn't funny looking?" But what little I know about the modeling profession tells me that exotic or different looks are important and I respect why people are fans of her, for example. Not to single her out or anything or rile up the Cintia fans. I'm a believer in the theory of symmetry and averageness when it comes to physical attractiveness so my ideal doesn't often mesh with the concept of unique looking models, although there are plenty of exceptions that don't seem to violate either principle.

So the first thing I did when I saw the website link was to go to Kim's model page and spend a good five minutes saving everything. I didn't even notice the similarity of expressions or poses then or when looking at the other models until I read this thread again lol. I realize I probly got a bit off topic, but it was the only way I figure I could explain it?

* Yes, I realize that plenty of girls know a lot about sports and can hold their own quite easily in those discussions. But I'm not talking about them.

/doesn't put that much thought into women I actually meet, lol

//but the internet gawking standards are absurdly high, and why not?

^ No that makes perfect sense. (Y)

Everyone will look at SI differently. For example:

I'm a girl in my very early twenties who loves modeling and the history of SI and the former SI models. I look at sexiness in a different way to how a guy does. Also, my love of the SI history means that I've got really high expectation of the issue. I measure every issue against the " good old days" and measure every model against Christie Brinkley, Kathy Ireland, Cheryl Tiegs and Elle McPherson. So, as you can imagine, that makes my SI expectations high! lol!

HOWEVER, to a straight guy today who doesn't care about the history of SI or the " art" of modeling, many of these pictures will be brilliant and amazingly perfect and sexy. All he may care about is how hot the models are and if they're hot he's happy! lol!

Hell, some weird people might even look at it for the swimwear! :laugh:

Everyone will look at this differently. It's interesting when everyone shares their opinions!

I'm a believer in the theory of symmetry and averageness when it comes to physical attractiveness so my ideal doesn't often mesh with the concept of unique looking models, although there are plenty of exceptions that don't seem to violate either principle.

I think it's sometimes the non-average looking ones that are some of the best. The personality too - like you can see from the videos and pictures.

brooklyn is just...not...ieee

I love love love bar but i think this picture is major disappointing, when it was small i was like ok damn...but up close i do no like it. She had many many better cover shots..

she looks really big....and the angle of her face is off or something. I really don't get it.

I kinda feel the same, it looked better LQ...

Count me in on this bandwagon. For a model who can look as exotic as Bar can, her face in this cover is rather plain-Jane. :/ And she doesn't really have much of a stand-out shot this year from all her photos.

I have to say I'm disappointed. There are definitely four or five models that need to go, most of them rookies. :ninja: And the vets were mostly "blah."

I'm leaning toward Jarah Mariano as my favorite this year. This pic of her is interesting:

09jarahmarianobehind011jt3.th.jpg

If you are disturbed by that, do not under any circumstances ever Google "Japanese Idol"