Bellazon

2009 SI Swimsuit Issue

^^ 5 hours behind?? DAMN! :cry: I love SI, but no way I'm staying up in front a computer screen until 5 in the morning! Lets not open that door :laugh:

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow, if I can sleep!

P.S: I also noticed that the voting system was broken, batman. Kim had 100% and everyone else had 0%! Also, what was the purpose of the voting? Do you think it was to help them decide who they might want to consider keeping on for 2010, or was it just a novelty? :flower:

Also, what was the purpose of the voting? Do you think it was to help them decide who they might want to consider keeping on for 2010, or was it just a novelty? :flower:

I don't think they'll use the results to decide who to keep. I think it was mostly a novelty. I think it was a promotional thing sponsored by a car firm.

what year are these from?

brooklyndeckerfh4.jpg

I'm liking brooklyns swimsuit :)

If these are new, I guess we're not getting anything new in terms of the individual photo shoots. Bikinis on a beach. I was hoping SI would get a little more creative with the set-ups, like when they had Marisa and that other blonde model in Iowa or Laetitia in Africa. :/

If these are new, I guess we're not getting anything new in terms of the individual photo shoots. Bikinis on a beach. I was hoping SI would get a little more creative with the set-ups, like when they had Marisa and that other blonde model in Iowa or Laetitia in Africa. :/

Irina will be in a city again not a beach

Bar Lands the Cover

Source: COED

As you may know, we at COED have been eagerly awaiting the announcement of the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover model. But now the wait has come to an end. After hearing that the model would be first announced on tonight’s Late Show with David Letterman, we sent one of our editors over to the Ed Sullivan Theater during the filming to get the inside scoop. So, without further adieu, the 2009 SI Swimsuit Issue cover model is… Bar Refaeli! This 23-year-old Israeli model first appeared in the magazine in 2007. She was also voted 2nd most likely to be on the cover by COED readers, after Brooklyn Decker. So, close on that one, but no cigar.

http://coedmagazine.com/2009/02/09/breakin...ue-cover-model/

I kinda figured it'd be Bar based on the video we saw. One of the outfits worn wasn't like any of the others. [Gold sweater spidery looking number] Why would they break from the Bikini/Wet T- thing and put one or two of the models in outfits a cut above the rest? The did the same thing last year to Marisa and Bar with the beading top, and Marisa got the cover. Last year I would be willing to bet it was between Marisa and Bar just based on the outfit alone.

2dw85qa.jpg

Looks just like last year only purple...

158bkf9.jpg

I'm thinking it was most likely down to those two woman for the cover. Could be wrong though. If Bar's pics looked stellar in the gold thing, we have our cover look.

Bar Lands the Cover

Source: COED

As you may know, we at COED have been eagerly awaiting the announcement of the 2009 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover model. But now the wait has come to an end. After hearing that the model would be first announced on tonight’s Late Show with David Letterman, we sent one of our editors over to the Ed Sullivan Theater during the filming to get the inside scoop. So, without further adieu, the 2009 SI Swimsuit Issue cover model is… Bar Refaeli! This 23-year-old Israeli model first appeared in the magazine in 2007. She was also voted 2nd most likely to be on the cover by COED readers, after Brooklyn Decker. So, close on that one, but no cigar.

http://coedmagazine.com/2009/02/09/breakin...ue-cover-model/

Wooooow!

Im so happyyyyyyy! :heart: :fun:

Im dyin' to see her Coveeer!

It looks like that really is the cover. I know where that sign is and the background matches soooooo, all I can say is that this is a gorgeous suit, really gorgeous! I'm surprised they didn't use the spiderweb one but still, I'm sooooo happy for BAR!!! The pose is very familiar but oh, well. Bar always has a wonderful look. That's the great part!

^ Same old stuff then. I don't love it. The way she's barely even wearing her briefs is really cheap looking, IMO. That's not Bar's fault though. I'm happy for her that she has got the cover! And for what it's worth, the bikini pattern actually looks very nice. If they just hadn't made her pull her briefs SO FAR down, I think it would have been an absolutely killer cover. xx

Oh, I'll also add, it's nice that this cover is much more simple than it's been for the last 2-3 years. Much less text!

It's your standard SISE cover. But if SI does its usual thing, there's going to be a much hotter shot of Bar within the issue itself that will leave fans going, "Wait, why wasn't this one used instead?!" :laugh:

The way she's barely even wearing her briefs is really cheap looking, IMO.

I wouldn't say it's cheap-looking - it's kind of like the Tyra cover.

:heart:

Bar Refaeli is the cover girl. Cool. Now that we know who it is, it's time for some UHQ scans! Woo-hoo! I would provide them for you but a lot of magazine distributors are also clueless as to when the issue will be delivered onto newsstands (believe me, I WOULD KNOW). According to Amazon, the publishing date of the mag is February 10th, but that's not a definite date as to when it goes on sale.

Once I get confirmation to its deliver date, I.....probably won't tell you but don't get too excited if you start seeing UHQ scans here before anyone else has them. :evil:

:laugh:

:heart:

Bar Refaeli is the cover girl. Cool. Now that we know who it is, it's time for some UHQ scans! Woo-hoo! I would provide them for you but a lot of magazine distributors are also clueless as to when the issue will be delivered onto newsstands (believe me, I WOULD KNOW). According to Amazon, the publishing date of the mag is February 10th, but that's not a definite date as to when it goes on sale.

Once I get confirmation to its deliver date, I.....probably won't tell you but don't get too excited if you start seeing UHQ scans here before anyone else has them. :evil:

:laugh:

The magazine goes out tomorrow!

I can't wait for the UHQ Scaaaaans! :drool: :drool: :drool: