Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

I haven't watched the show yet, but from what I read here my motivation to do so sank on its minimum :/

The ones who are responsible for the show should hire market researchers, like other big companies do, who surf the internet, also forums like this.

damn, I really thought they had learned their lesson from last year's show... <_<

Ok here is my two cents. I was impressed with the show. In general it was much better then the last two shows. Not better then 2005 but on its own an amazing show. Ill start off with the problems first. Ok the big problem was the constant flashing of celebs and crowd. That really pissed me off it was so unecessary and over the top. Ok i dont mind a flash to Terrence Howard or P Diddy here and there but for God's sake did we have to see Paris Hilton ten times. Second the editing wasnt fantastic but i actually think it was better then last yr atleast we didnt see a girl at the end of the runway then suddenly she is at the front lol. The stage was nice however it got to clustered.

The one where i think Anne V, Izabel and Heidi are all on stage it was so confusing that i didnt know who was out first and barely we saw Izabel. To be honest thats all i was upset about and some parts felt rushed like when we see only Clara for 2 seconds but Sesilee for like 20...Also i wish they didnt do the whole who is Victoria or pick up lines it was a waste. They should have done a video montage of Adriana being in the company for 10yrs but nope they glossed over that...

Now to the good stuff and i have alot of good stuff lol. I think in general the models were great. I could have done without Arlenis,Sessilee and Lara and i would have given Anne V another outfit as well as Morgane and brought Oluchi but its ok lol. The stage did look amazing and the pyro at the end was so freakin cool. I loved the song choices. They fit each segment and i actually liked the Chris Brown remix with an 80s song for Ballet De Fleurs it looked so awesome. My fav thing was the opening. The girls looked so stunning and sexy and it was so classy. Even though everyone is all about hate against her but Heidi was so incredible. Her walk in Ballet De Fleurs was so stunning and IMO she wasnt used as much as she was last yr you have to admit that atleast. A shocker was the fact i loved the PINK segment. Behati was amazing the Tings Tings song was so cool and all the girls (except Lindsay) looked brillant. Ive watched the show twice now and i am very impressed...

It had its flaws yes and it doesnt compare to 2005 but in general i thought it was a great show. Very entertaining and fun. I do wish there was a tad more energy on the runway some parts did feel a bit flat but other then that i am impressed 7.5/10

Oh and the one other thing that upset me was what they showed of Karolina. That was disgusting and really low it put her in a bad light and was so embarassing i am very annoyed they edited that into the show but of course they like to have a bit of drama. I cant believe that scary lady is back though does anyone remember her from the 2005 show she was the one screaming at the guys for stopping Izabel with her wings lol and now she is back screaming at the people to pin her instead of KK lol

Hated Lindsay Ellington. She's just wrong for lingerie. Way too skinny ! Why did VS stop using Heather Marks? She's much better : better body and better walk.

I totally agree!!

I am not sure if she (Heather) was liked at VSFS 2006 by fans, really (her pop-corn outfit :laugh: ), but still, she's much better than Lindsay!

ok as other people have said the show lacked a little energy, but I didn't hate it. I just felt like I saw so much of marisa. i like her and everything but it was like, cut to marisa everytime they wanted a comment. i almost felt like I saw her more than Heidi :blink:

some of the girls I changed my mind about- Behati- she was so cute in the pink section and she seems like a really cool girl

Lara??? I really thought I was gonna like her but both the times she came out, it was really awkward

Some of the girls really impressed me more than I thought they would. I love Ana B so it was really nice that she didn't just walk out looking bored as usual. VS made a good decision to bring her back. Erin H. was really cute in the pink section, now I know why I like her so much in the casting video. She looks really good in motion. Isabeli looked so great. She's different from most the other girls and she just stood out for some reason :)

after seeing the show Doutzen, Candice, Maryna, Inguna, and Isabeli are still my favorites but I have to add Ana B too :heart:

I didn't like the editing too much, too many flashes to the audience and unnecessary segments, "like who is Victoria?"

I did like the pink section though. so cute. "ok girls I know it's hard but we all have to memorize it"- behati

i have to say i really liked the show..

i totally agree...the pink section was REALLY improved...models, outfits & music....my favorite section from the whole show..

what the hell was shannon doing? :blink: i wish she's in next year but tones it down a bit...

the editing was better than last year, i agree, but still needs improving...maybe thats how they get people to come, promissing them face time? i dont know?

i also agree that after that whole "fat" thing during the summer, the last thing kk needed was to have something like that broadcasted...

they may have not did that on purpose...but we could have done without that (imo)

YEAY! for angela, she brought it down a notch :drool:

still waved her arms, but i didnt have to turn away with embarrasment this time while she did it...

flavia was OMG!! HOT!!!

miranda looked sooooooooooooooooooo good too...

marisa's walk is getting better....

if she works as hard this off season like she just proved she did last off season....she'll actually look very, very, good....good job to you and your trainer...

maryna was a great choice, i hope to see her many years to come...

sara, and carla did a great job...im not mad at all, but i rather have bianca, rhianne, du juan or cinita in next year...i could also do without isabeli and noemi.. :yuckky:

yeah, i thought id have a different feeling about ms. heavy bangs...but i just couldnt get over it..yeah she a model so shes still beautiful, blah blah blah...

but i she could have looked better...of course (imo)

caroline wineberg looked too rushed....i didnt like her hair, but her makeup was pretty....

hello VS! after this years perfomance can you please consider candice for angel status!!! :drool: wow, she was awsome!!!

emanuela did a fantastic job...she looked seasoned...like shes walked vs for years....hope to see her next year...

i loved that ting tings song....

besides these minor descrepencies (imo) i found myself smiling through the whole thing....it was a great job well done...

i was fine with the stage thing, i guess...it was new, different stepping out the box, whatever <_<

but i much rather have the old runway back

I think she was attempting the yellow paper foldout pose Ale did last year :p

You mean Ale's "yellow duckie" pose? Yeah, I noticed that too! How unoriginal!

im glad im not the only one who noticed that......unoriginal...

the show sucked..

1. Some of the models looked bored

2. the backstage stuff was just horrible, nothing we didnt already know...

3. In NO way did it top last years show like they said it was supposed to...

4. It looked like an Usher concert with Victoria's Secret Models in it...

5. Usher thinks he's Michael Jackson and he seriously needs to stop...

6. What was up with that dumb Pink marching band in the beggining of the Pink Segment?????

7. Heidi Klum-"million dollar bra and a 'surprise' ", what was this surprise??? the fireworks? cause that was dumb..

8. Models dancing on stage.....is this a freak show? You're supposed to walk, pose and walk back...

9. Copy-Cat models

10. THE MUSIC WAS RIDICULOUSLY STUPID, NOT MIXED AND JUST WHATEVER. I dont need to hear songs I hear 2345325 times a day on the radio on the VSFS

Right I'm pitching in! :laugh:

Glamour Goddess: I kinda liked it. It wasnt great, I LOVED Dri's lil strip :laugh: . Usher was good though. Adriana, Ale, Miranda, Maryna, were my favourites. I wish VS would stop making the performers perform when the girls are walking. <_< They get distracted! The outfits were meh.

Dangerous: I like this one. Except for the performer. Who is he? Marisa's walk has improved, she looked good opening. Noemie, I gave her a chance and she blew it. I swear kissing that dude, you could tell she was looking for attention and she needs to stop blowing kisses. Lara, no. God, no! She wasnt great. Emanuela :wub:

The Modern: I think this was my fav segment. I loved Ale opening. They could've shown more Rosie <_< , less Selita (get real, Diddy, she looked like a circus), Caroline looked anorexic( :( ), Miranda closed :evil: .

PINK Planet: Behati stole the show! I liked her little military sketch :wub: . Erin and Lindsay werent great :/ , wish they didnt cut so much of Abbey though I loved her stair jump :laugh: , Sarah and her lollipop made a cute pair, candice looked ok (I dont think she deserved three walks :ninja: though I love her), the PINK veterans (Rosie and Flavia) were so-so, someone needs to tell Shannan to stop dancing, what was Edita doing standing there in the middle of the runway? :blink:

Ballet De Fleur: The music was wrong, wrong WRONG! I love Chris Brown, but no. Doutzen, oh god Adriana 07? The waving wasnt good and she walked too fast, Heidi needs to stop blowing kisses, Candice was cute, Miranda wings were the star of the show! (kidding), Manu! :ddr: angel in training!, clara was so-so, Sessilee was OK, Inguna, What a princess :blush:, KK was gorgeous I didnt like her in the first segment :no: , they shouldnt have edited Julia out soo much her wings were AMAZING!

Black Tie Holiday: Selita, no. Izabel was in the show?! :bellazon: , AnaBB and Isabeli there are no words :blush: , Noemie.... :ninja: , Ale :kiss: , Angela :whistle: no comment, Adriana, there was a fantasy bra this year? no way!, Marisa's outfit :laugh: , Carmen so beautiful :drool: , Doutzen.... um, Heidi **** off :nicole:

Overall the show was OK. The Who's Victoria thing was stupid. At least Heidi didnt host :ninja: . Selita got too much attention. There wasnt enough Adriana, Alessandra, and Miranda :cry2:

This is how the time passed at the estancia, the Baron's residence out in the campo. After hitching up the horses after a few chukkas, we moved to the screening room to watch this year's VSFS. Just some companions and some fine Malbec...

post-11221-0-1446069052-25576_thumb.png

And who, I wonder, is going to get out of this car? Is it going to be Karolina Kurkova??? :idk:

Of course it's not!

It's HEIDI! :cain:

One couldn't help but be mildly perturbed at this juncture. Have we learnt nothing? I was now knocking back my first glass in preparation for an assault of Heidi 'Ham' Klum's 'humour'. But, in fairness, they did not overuse her. Sure, someone was needed to link the parts together - and she is more than adequate for that. Plus she looked very nice...

post-11221-0-1446069053-36212_thumb.png

I read a few posts criticising Doutzen's body. True, maybe the camera didn't catch her right on those runway pictures - but there was scant evidence of that 'boxiness' here.

Love in an elevator,

Living it up when I'm going down.

Hold that lift - Lingerie, 2nd floor

And then IT began...

OK, standing by

5 seconds, stand by

Usher, Usher

Go, track 1 go

It was a radical decision. We were all geared up for track 27. But I'm glad to see common sense prevailed and they stuck with track 1. It being the first track of the night and all that...

Automation Q 1, go

Then that cheese: "IT'S SHOWTIME!"

That was cheesier than Roquefort.

That was cheesier than that bit in Passenger 57. When Wesley Snipes is on the phone and says:

"Charlie, ever played roulette?"

"On occasion."

"Well, let me give you a word of advice..." (Dramatic close up) "ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!"

(Incidentally, don't by the way. This is not a very scientific method)

"IT'S SHOWTIME!"

CELEBRITIES GO TO FASHION SHOW SHOCKER

post-11221-0-1446069053-65141_thumb.png

Hey - isn't that Kyle MacLachlan? I loved Twin Peaks. It was probably my favourite TV show ever. Seriously. I have it all on DVD. And the prequel film. Don't get me started on Twin Peaks... Hang on, aren't there women walking about in lingerie just over there? Go back! GO BACK!

Spot 3, down a bit

Standby automation 1 10

ADRIANA'S 'SPOOKY' FINGER

post-11221-0-1446069054-01291_thumb.png

What was that about? Put it down Adriana. OK, don't then... Keep doing it. Stop! Please stop! post-11221-0-1446069054-55227_thumb.gif

RUN, USHER, RUN...

post-11221-0-1446069054-94826_thumb.png

She's gaining on you... Don't let her touch you!

Oh my lord! Candice has ridiculous hips. I audibly gasped! How they swayed... She could take someone's eye out with that strut... Perfect...

Honestly - "You make a grown man cry."

Who is Victoria?

A wasted 2 fucking minutes. That's who Victoria is. :angry:

Go 'Mareesa'. How sweet that in the face of such overwhelming evidence to the contrary (as in everybody else is saying 'Marissa'), this woman (is it JJ? I hope so - JJ's my favourite <_< ) insists on sticking to how she says it. Screw them others with saying the right name. SCREW THEM ALL!

Go go Carmen

Go go, walk it out of the park

Come on

Standby camera 10 - beat comes in

Music track 3 - projection 5 - GO

"I think I hammed it up - too much" Really Angela? Well, it's only taken you 8 years to figure that out...

"It's kind of funny seeing you with a dress on."

"Why?"

Because you are normally bending over with your breasts hanging out of a bikini. I was very surprised that this was not the answer. Weren't you expecting that response too?

Actually, I liked Marisa in this year's show. She's not really my kind of thing - and I don't really rate her as a 'model' - but she always comes across very well, very likeable. I think mbinebri is right when he says about the fascination with that blonde bombshell look. There is a bizarre fixation on that. You look at those pin-ups - the Jessica Simpsons, the Andersons, the Tiegs, the Fawcetts, the Monroes... People seem to hold that up as the 'ultimate' look. Much as I don't really relate, I can't deny it - but I think (and particularly next to the charisma-vacuum that is Selita Ebanks) in Marisa Miller VS have a perfect spokesperson for it's predominately US market. Maybe she should have gotten out of "ANGEL 1"?

Standby Adriana

Standing by

Due about now

(later - after several other models)

About 1 minute

I hear you JJ

Standby Adriana

Go Adriana

I was surprised as the rest of you when I saw P.Diddy stand up and applaud. Wasn't it amazing? I, for one, was more than happy for the camera to focus on him standing and applauding. We all know how great this moment was... I didn't care what was happening on stage. This was a truly magical moment and one that will live on in my memory... Forever.

post-11221-0-1446069055-1502_thumb.png

Afterwards we took that home and played Twister - for hours!

3 - 2 - 1, and take 10

TOO MANY NUMBERS!

Ah, the pick-up lines.

When I was living in Albuquerque I went to this really rough bar. This was the roughest bar in Albuquerque. They had grills around the actual bar so the staff were safe behind them, kind of like in a bank. They would pass cans or plastic cups under the grill. No glasses, obviously.

Most of the patrons looked pretty much down-and-outs. There was this one man - an old Native American guy - who sat impassively knocking back short after short. He had a big stick with him that he would whack at the bar when he wanted another drink. He called me over...

"Do you know how I pick-up women?" He asked me.

"No." I replied.

"Hit 'em with my big stick."

post-11221-0-1446069055-56845_thumb.png

:blink:

^What was that about??? Not that I didn't like it. Infact it was pretty near the top of my favourite bits. But it was a little left-field.

However, in the alternate take, Flavia answered Behati back and so she told her to: "DROP AND GIVE ME 20!" It all got a little fraught back there. A little hot. It was a much better take...

post-11221-0-1446069055-82476_thumb.png

^You LICK them...

Ever seen the England and Portsmouth striker, Peter Crouch, do the "Robot"?

11robotbw7.jpg10robotwg2.png

I'm guessing that's what she was trying to do? It was a little strange...

Standby Usher

Deb, you're looking good on the deck - you've got Usher

"He's super sexy - all the ladies love him and the guys want to be him." (Selita Ebanks on Usher)

I don't want to be Usher, And just a straw-poll around the screening room revealed Selita's 'facts' to be incorrect.

I later found out that our position on this was OK. Selita is not an authority on the subject, and her opinions aren't binding. Don't worry if you don't fall into either of these camps.

DOUTZEN SINGS

13boomj9.png

I'm not really familiar with Chris Brown - but this must be a radical new look! And I need you, boo...

Seal looks at Heidi - just in case you have forgotten that they're married.

How pretty does Candice look? I don't know because I'm looking at a couple of people that my Argentine arse has no prior knowledge of. There she was - posing in all her glory and I'm treated to some other people who are looking at her instead.

Famous people! At a Fashion Show! Will we never tire of seeing them? Unless they do some sort of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 number on us - then I'm not interested in watching them, watching the show... And they'd better be 10 times funnier than Crow if they're going to do that.

BEAUTIFUL INGUNA IN THE JAPANESE GARDEN INTERLUDE

post-11221-0-1446069056-17789_thumb.png

And so, there, in the shade of the cherry tree. In feudal Japan, as the blossom fluttered around us - I asked Inguna to marry me.

I got down upon one knee, as is the custom, and pulled out the ring. The ring that had been in the Fratton family for generations - a symbol of our heraldic seat, our stately pile...

I smiled up at her, and she - in turn - smiled back at me. That whistful, quicksilver smile that had entranced me all these years.

"Will you marry me, Inguna Butane?"

"Of course!"

I slipped the ring upon her graceful finger. As she hitched up her skirts, there, in the shade of the cherry tree. In feudal Japan, as the blossom fluttered around us...

At last - I was complete.

Pick it up pick it up pick it up pick it up

post-11221-0-1446069056-41892_thumb.png

^I'm sorry - I'm not challenging conventional wisdom. But I just don't get it. I really don't...

Go go go

^I think, what people fail to remember is, that at one point someone did not 'go'.

This was the catastrophe of 1889. The year when they didn't have somebody shouting at them to 'go go go'.

They thought it would be alright. They said they didn't need someone there to shout at them all the time. They thought, this one year, that people would just know when to 'go'.

How wrong they were...

Nobody talks much about the fashion show of 1889 anymore. Some say it is just a myth. But I know. I read about it. Let's not mock the shouting 'go' man - lest that tragedy repeat itself.

Too many good men died!

post-11221-0-1446069056-86708_thumb.png

^Someone's going to have to clean all that up you know?

Standby Heidi, with the wings

Yes! Yes! Yes!

KAROLINA NOT WELCOME IN THE LOLLIPOP GUILD

post-11221-0-1446069057-24061_thumb.png

Don't really have much to say about this; except that it's nice that the dwarves were reunited with their Snow White...

Automation 1 70

And 'Pyro Sequence' in 3 - 2 - 1 - go

^That's right. Not 'fireworks'... :no: 'Pyro Sequence'.

"The most amazing Fashion Show you have ever seen in your ilfe. I put money on that." (Selita Ebanks)

Oh, Selita - not the bold statements again..? I'm afraid this time I had to call her up on this and so we did put money on it.

I showed her the 2003 show - and told her it was much better. Principally because she wasn't in it!

Magnanimously she accepted she was wrong and gave me the 100 Pesos...

I'll only go and waste that on drink.

:wave: I've watched every show on TV since 2001. I thought it was great with a lot of energy............and everybody having fun. Except for KK's moment. Great changes in the mood of the music.

The biggest improvement over the last 3 years was the camera was focused almost 100% of the time. Go back 2 or 3 shows and watch how the camera was not focused long enough for a quick close up.

My only complaint was that I didn't know all the models...that's my own fault :laugh:

:lost:

That was kind strange ( the worm finger adriana gave)

And why did p diddy stand for selita? I mean..she sniffed her finger or something at the end..and waved it like it was hot?

I'm pretty embrassed for KK, being called names.. then a malfuction w/ her fitting, thats quite rude to show, and it was probably for at least 45 seconds.

The stage needs to go. They need it back to a real Runway!

But the show was better than last years by far.

I haven't watched the show yet, but from what I read here my motivation to do so sank on its minimum :/

The ones who are responsible for the show should hire market researchers, like other big companies do, who surf the internet, also forums like this.

damn, I really thought they had learned their lesson from last year's show... <_<

:wave:

Watch the show, have some fun............................they all did............then form your opinion :lost:

Ok here's what I have to say about the show

First and most important

GET THE CAMERA OFF OF HEIDI!! Sheesh she's always on there. Everywhere you look you see her.

Secondly, where was Alessandra Ambrosio at this show? Is that her? nooo. Wait what about now? Noppe. Poor her, she could have skipped this show instead she busted her butt and got back into damn good shape and she barely gets any time on the camera.

And Adriana was ment to be the girl of the show this year, and it seemed to me Usher completely embarassed her, obviously he doesnt know how to walk with a woman.

Finally, to rest myself. Overall the show was ok, I hated it the first time but when I watched it again today I give it about a C because it was new, but PLEASE Victoria's Secret, PLEASE DONT EVER WAIST MY TIME ON GUESSING WHO THE HELL VICTORIA IS!!!!

Okay I want to talk more because I want too!

KK acted like a primadonna! Geez people are trying to help you and you get all pissy with them. If I was one of those helper people I would have been like "Take care if yourself! If you are going to act like a total bitch!" But I have a theory, I think VS purposely screws with what she wears. Come on the shoe thing in 2006 and now this!

Julia looked like she was going to pass out on the runway! What did the people backstage do to her!?! Did they give her cough syrup? Or did they give her caffine like three hours before and she just had an enegry crash!?!