Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

June 23, 2021

Expert Ballroom Dancers Needed for Feature Major Film 

Very skilled ballroom dancers are needed July 7-8, to appear in scenes of a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. These dancers must be proficient in popular dances of the 1920s, like the Fox Trot, Charleston, Peabody, Lindy and/or Tango.

They will need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK on prior to filming. They will also likely need to attend a dance rehearsal in advance of filming. These people must be open and available for all dates.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, OK area. 

Fin: Leonardo DiCaprio Backs Eli Roth Film Highlighting Global Shark ‘Massacre’

Eli-Roth-Leonardo-DiCaprio-and-Nina-Dobr

Some of Hollywood’s biggest names have joined forces to make Fin, a new environmental documentary. The film, whose trailer just dropped, is set to debut on U.S. subscription streaming service Discovery Plus next month. Directed by lauded horror filmmaker Eli Roth, the movie charts the dark underworld behind the plight of sharks and aims to shock viewers into taking action to protect the species. 

Roth, the director behind successes like Knock Knock and Cabin Fever, is diving into the environmental documentary world with his new film Fin. It’s set to air on Discovery Plus on July 13, as part of the streaming platform’s summer Shark Week programming.

“I’ve spent years making this film in secrecy and can finally announce it to the world,” announced Roth, in a social media post. “On July 13th, you can see the horrors I learned about the global shark slaughter.” 

Celebrities unite to expose shark underworld 

Roth, the writer, director and executive producer behind the film, is joined by a star-studded list of celebrities. Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Away Productions is producing the film together with Lionsgate’s Pilgrim Media Group. DiCaprio himself features as an executive producer, along with actress Nina Dobrev. 

Other executive producers include the president of Lionsgate Nonfiction Television, Craig Piligian, Gretchen Stockdale and Nicholas Caprio, among others. 

“Working with Eli and the group of experts on this documentary has been mind-blowing and immensely educational. For years, we’ve perceived sharks as monsters but what’s truly monstrous is what’s happening to these beautiful creatures,” commented Piligian, as quoted in Variety

‘Now more than ever is the time for sharks’

Fin will showcase the work of photographer Michael Muller and conservation organisations like Oceana, Sea Shepherd and Wild Aid in their fight to save sharks. The movie is full of scary facts, including the reality that 100 million sharks are being slaughtered every year. That means 247,000 sharks killed per day. 

In the film, Roth dives into the massacre of sharks, most famously the continued demand for shark fin soup across Asia. 

“I’ve partnered with the top scientists, NGOs and activists to show the problem from all sides and present solutions we can all do to save sharks before they’re gone,” said Roth. 

“This may be the scariest film I have ever made because it’s real, but it doesn’t have to be. Fifty years ago the world came together to save the whales, then it was dolphins, then orcas and now more than ever is the time for sharks.”

Hong Kong: a major shark fin hub

Tracking and documenting the global shark fin industry, part of the film sees Roth discover the rampant trade in Hong Kong. Of the 100 million sharks caught worldwide for their fins, meat and other products, an estimated 50% is traded in Hong Kong.

Speaking to Green Queen Media, Oceans Asia founder Gary Stokes, said: “Hong Kong is the ground zero of the shark fin industry with more than 50% of all shark fins passing through the territory. It was critical for Eli Roth and his film crew to shoot here and I cannot wait to see the film knowing all the elements we uncovered and filmed here.”

Stokes, who is featured in Fin alongside Roth, added: “Fin comes at a crucial time. The U.S. Senate have a Bill coming up to ban the entire shark fin trade within the country.”

Source

3 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Found this kinda nice... Jack in his 30/40 if he would've survived ya know :p

463997f300cacc1878bb3391ca9452b5501bbae8

Source

Interessting that if you combine two Leos the result doesn't look that much like Leo😊

Here's ome Leo and Kate cuteness:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/natashajokic1/kate-winslet-leonardo-dicaprio-friendship?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bfsharecopy

Wish they would do a movie together :heart:

Julia Roberts And Leonardo DiCaprio Share This Secret Talent

According to seasoned Hollywood choreographer Toni Basil, they also share a unique skill that makes dancing impeccably easy.

julia-roberts-leo-dicaprio.jpg?q=50&fit=

Julia Roberts and Leonardo DiCaprio have a lot in common. Oscars, A-list status, you name it. According to seasoned Hollywood choreographer Toni Basil, they also share a unique skill that makes dancing impeccably easy.

The legend appeared on the pop culture podcast Behind the Velvet Rope with David Yontef to discuss her experience teaching numerous celebrities choreography, and she mentioned a fun fact that fans may not already know.

Memories Worth A Million

"Julia Roberts has a photographic memory also," Basil gave away from her mental book of BTS secrets, "Julia Roberts is not a dancer-dancer, but her and Reese Witherspoon, they all have photographic memories."

The "Mickey" singer who focused her career on dance noticed that many actors have photographic memories, making script memorizing all the more doable. A certain Titanic star shares Roberts' and Witherspoon's gift.

Basil further divulged, "Leonardo DiCaprio, photographic memory." She assisted the actor in his dance numbers for Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood. She stated that photographic memories were what made great actresses (and actors).

Source

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

June 26, 2021

Ballroom Dance Students Needed for Feature Major Film 

Students of ballroom dance are needed July 8-9 to appear in scenes of a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. These specialty extras should have had classes in popular dances of the 1920s, like the Fox Trot, Charleston, Peabody, Lindy and/or Tango. Expert dancers are not requred.

They will need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK on prior to filming. They will also likely need to attend a dance rehearsal in advance of filming. These people must be open and available for all dates.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, OK area. 

Pay is a guarantee of $150/day for up to 10 hours per day, per person. Any days over 8 hours will go into overtime.

Covid testing and wardrobe fitting is also paid at a guarantee of$40/day up to 4 hours per person.

Rehearsal, if necessary, is paid at $100 for one day.

Travel and lodging are not provided.

Covid testing is required, regardless of vaccination status. Testing site is at the production office in Bartlesville.

You are asked to send a Youtube or Vimeo LINK, or an .MOV of a video of you dancing in your submission.

Nothing really new but it's always nice to hear Leo being passionate about something :p

Leonardo DiCaprio’s favourite movie role

In Steven Spielberg’s underappreciated Catch Me If You Can, Leonardo DiCaprio plays the lead fraudster Frank Abagnale Jr., a smart-talking, quick-thinking con-man able to slip into multiple roles with seamless ease. The role well reflects the acting ability of DiCaprio himself, who is able to effortlessly change into whatever character he is required to perform, no matter the difficulty or stature. His career has seen him work with some of the finest minds in the movie world, from Quentin Tarantino in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, to Christopher Nolan in Inception, though perhaps his most pertinent relationship is his ongoing collaborative partnership with Martin Scorsese.

Appearing in five of Martin Scorsese’s films in total, with a sixth in the form of Killers of the Flower Moon due for release in the near future, Leonardo DiCaprio has demonstrated his versatility time and time again for the director. Discussing his collaboration with the director, DiCaprio states: “I am almost about to turn 40, and I am looking back at some of the stuff I’ve gotten to do, and at the centre of it is this amazing accidental collaboration that I’ve gotten to have with Marty”. The actor even thanked Scorsese in his triumphant Oscar win in 2016, commenting that, “I have to thank everyone from the very onset of my career…to Mr. Jones for casting me in my first film to Mr. Scorsese for teaching me so much about the cinematic art form”.

His Oscar came after years of campaigning for films that perhaps were more deserving of praise, including Scorsese titles like The Departed, and The Wolf of Wall Street where he would depict the real-life philanthropist Jordan Belfort. It was the second time that the actor would take on the role of a real-life icon for the director, with the first performance coming in DiCaprio’s take on the eccentric real-life filmmaker and aviator, Howard Hughes in 2004s The Aviator. 

Despite having worked with the director on other more critically acclaimed and commercially successful projects, DiCaprio recalls his time working on The Aviator as his favourite ever film role. Speaking about the role, the actor claims the reason he loved depicting Howard Hugues so much is, “It’s a different set of circumstances when you’re able to say to yourself, ‘you know, someday I’m going to play this character,’ and then you get to develop it. And I got to develop it for over eight years, and then the great Martin Scorsese got to direct me in it. So that’s the one I’m probably most proud of”.

First collaborating with the director in Gangs of New York at the age of 28, DiCaprio stated that “as a young actor standing beside him during the creative process of making a movie, I discovered that just like a painting, a sculpture, music or theatre, film was just as essential, relevant, as a matter of fact, the most integral art form of our time.”

The actor added that he, “felt he could truly own the term artist by working alongside Scorsese”, and it’s apparent that after 19 years of working with the director he can now certainly call himself an artist.

Source

Just remembering the polarising first reactions when The Wolf of Wall Street was screen tested. 

I found this article from around the time. I remember Leo saying in an interview that he was surprised by just how polarising the film was. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/shame-says-academy-member-martin-scorsese-wolf-wall-street-screening/amp/

Personally I think it’s his best performance and I love the film.