Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Oxford

I am planning on going to Pawhuska again, but am trying to get the timing right. Easier said than done 😄

Lilja
Thanks for the pic! Those scooters are in Tulsa. That looks like the Midtown Tulsa location at Cherry Street and Brookside. They have great upscale restaurants and shopping around there.

Mirella and Jade

Thanks for the articles.

Lijak

Tks for new pic of Leo & Cami in Tulsa :) 

Sugarwater

Hope the 'timing' works for you on your next visit :thumbsup: 

Also a question, when you mentioned the casting notice of Native American ballroom dancers , you said they would be hard do find

First, as we both know, from having read the book ,there is no 'ballroom dancing scene' in Grann's book 

Second,  did you say it would be difficult because  learning ballroom dancing is not a popular pursuit  with Native Americans ??

Jade & Mirella

Tks for assorted articles :) 

I ,also, agree Fanning was excellent as Squeaky 

Also did anyone here see her younger sister Elle in Woody Allen's A Rainy Day in New York ?

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

June 29, 2021

Adult Men & Women Needed 
July 8-9 for Major Feature Film

Adult men and women, aged 18-80, are needed for two nights, July 8-9, for scenes in a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. 

The persons will play attendees at a town gathering. Filming will likely be from evening until very, very early in the morning.

Filming is scheduled in Pawhuska, OK.

4 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Lijak

Tks for new pic of Leo & Cami in Tulsa :) 

Sugarwater

Hope the 'timing' works for you on your next visit :thumbsup: 

Also a question, when you mentioned the casting notice of Native American ballroom dancers , you said they would be hard do find

First, as we both know, from having read the book ,there is no 'ballroom dancing scene' in Grann's book 

Second,  did you say it would be difficult because  learning ballroom dancing is not a popular pursuit  with Native Americans ??

Jade & Mirella

Tks for assorted articles :) 

I ,also, agree Fanning was excellent as Squeaky 

Also did anyone here see her younger sister Elle in Woody Allen's A Rainy Day in New York ?

Ballroom dancing is not popular or even available as an option to learn in most rural Oklahoma areas regardless of your ethnicity. The majority of Native Americans in Oklahoma live in rural areas. The filmmakers seem to also want Native Americans that look “identifiable” or “traditional”. This is probably to further differentiate the Whites and Natives on film.   Not very realistic for what most Native Americans in Oklahoma actually look like, but I can understand it from this film’s POV. So, to find “traditional/identifiable” Native Americans who know ballroom dancing is going to be slim pickings. Perhaps, not impossible, but difficult. Casting directors may have to give a little on their ideal requirements for the role. It also depends on how many they need. Finding two people is obviously going to be easier than finding ten people.

I’m in Pawhuska right now. Cara Jade Meyers and Lily Gladstone got let out of a van 20 feet in front of me. I was excited that I captured it on video. That is until I was able to review my videos and realized I hadn’t pressed record. WHHHYYYY!!! I’m sick about it. At least it wasn’t a missed video of Leo. That would have really made me sick. I’ll post more later.

Once Upon A Time in Hollywood: From a movie, to a book, to a stage play?

145813688_Screenshot2021-07-01at15-04-41QuentinTarantinonewsaufInstagramInaninterviewwithTheBigPicturepodcastTaran....thumb.png.bf2314837296c27eb8089d01736b9bac.png

In an interview with The Big Picture podcast, Tarantino revealed he’s written a stage play version of OUATIH that he hopes to produce soon: “I mean, we’ll see what happens, but my plan is to do this book, I just did this, then finish the cinema book, then the next thing on the list is to start thinking about the play…I’m not going to think about [my] last movie for a while. I’m doing other things right now.”

Source

Full podcast: https://www.theringer.com/2021/6/29/22555152/quentin-tarantino-on-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-the-book

Sugarwater

This if off topic, but I wanted to ask you about the Inlonshka event that was held recently. The dancing that takes place consists of both men and women, right ?

Also is this type dancing something young children learn as they grow up , and once they reach a certain age they are allowed to participate , or is participation in the event open to all family members regardless of age ???

Does each city in Oklahoma  have such an event  ?

Do the dances involve ALL members of one group such as Osage ,  or do members of all different groups (Cherokee, Chickasaw, Osage,etc ) participate in same event ?

Is  their any nationwide event that all families can attend during the year ?

Jade 

Tks for pix new and old :) 

Sugarwater

This if off topic, but I wanted to ask you about the Inlonshka event that was held recently. The dancing that takes place consists of both men and women, right ?

Also is this type dancing something young children learn as they grow up , and once they reach a certain age they are allowed to participate , or is participation in the event open to all family members regardless of age ???

Does each city in Oklahoma  have such an event ? 

Do the dances involve ALL members of one group such as Osage ,  or do members of all different groups (Cherokee, Chickasaw, Osage,etc ) participate in same event ?

Is  their any nationwide event that all families can attend during the year ?

Jade /b]

Tks for pix new and old :) 

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

July 1, 2021

9-11-month old Indigenous 
Baby for Major Feature Film

Indigenous babies, 9-11 months of age, are needed next week for scenes in a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. Twins would be preferred but are not mandatory. The babies would need to be able to attend a costume fitting Tuesday, July 6 in Bartlesville, and then work in the film Friday, July 9.

Filming is scheduled in Pawhuska, OK.