Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Latest news regarding Killers of the Flower Moon film project

Leonardo DiCaprio, J.J. Abrams Frontrunners for ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Book (Exclusive)

Oscar winner Leonardo DiCaprio, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” director J.J. Abrams and Oscar-winning screenwriter Eric Roth (“Forrest Gump”) are teaming up with Paramount to make a play for David Grann‘s new nonfiction book “Killers of the Flower Moon: An American Crime and the Birth of the FBI” and are the frontrunners to land the coveted rights, multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation have told TheWrap.

In what is shaping up to be the hottest Hollywood auction of the year so far, insiders peg the DiCaprio-Abrams bid at $2 million. There are higher bids on the table, but none of the offers provides the star wattage of the DiCaprio-Abrams package — not even Sony’s offer for George Clooney to direct and Amy Pascal to produce.

Should they land the coveted book rights, DiCaprio and Abrams would produce “Killers of the Flower Moon” under their respective banners Appian Way and Bad Robot.

Set in the 1920s, “Killers of the Flower Moon” is a nonfiction story about the mysterious murders of the Osage Indians tribe in Oklahoma, where oil sat rich beneath their land. The case was turned over to a brand new law enforcement agency known as the FBI, which fought against corruption to solve the case.

CAA is brokering the auction, so stay tuned.

http://www.thewrap.com/leonardo-dicaprio-j-j-abrams-frontrunners-for-killers-of-the-flower-moon-book-exclusive/

Jade

Tks for more magazine covers, as well as,  Leo interview :)

I had to laugh at last Leo interview reply, as I've certainly seem him do that many times in interviews :p

You got any tips for surviving an interview with a journalist?

[Laughs.] Only talk about what you want to talk about, no matter what the question is.

Fairymary

Tks for magazine cover :) 

Barbie

Tks for more pix and another great magazine cover :) 

Another Leo/Oscar pix

Kat

Yes,  I , too, would have loved to have seen Leo & JJ work together on a project :)

It will be interesting to see if the book ever does get made into a movie and who is involved with it

Fash

Tks for latest Flower news :)

Barbie

Tks for cute  Leo caricature :)

I never thought about a Leo/JJ Abrams collaboration but right it sound so good ! would definitely be different, just as with Nolan.

Thanks everyone for the news, I'm really really curious about his next film, the all sounds good, I have a slight preference for the Crowded Room thing.

BarbieErin : love your sign ;)

I had read in EW Oscar coverage that the first thing that was on Leo's mind when he headed into Governor's Ball was getting some pizza for Irmelin, pals Tobey &  Bernico , as well as, for himself , he was starving :p

Nice to finally see a pix of Leo with mentioned Wolfgang Puck pizza 

Cute vid of Leo taking pix on red carpet with Irmelin and pal Jamie 

Kat

Tks for update on Star's typical non story :)

Barbie

Tks for interview with Leo's costar Grace Dove ,  I had hoped to see a pix of her at Oscars after parties , but so far haven't :)

Also, tks, for candid Leo pix  , I agree , looking good :woot:

Marinebing

Like you can't wait to hear what Leo's next film project , like you,  I would be happy with either Crowded Room or Devil in White City :)

However, recently a fellow Leo fan mentioned to me that often Leo has surprised us with a film project we hadn't heard a lot about to it's announced, so she is wondering

if that is what will happen this time

Jade

Tks for new pix & clip of Leo in Laguna yesterday with George, Peggy, and assume the little child walking in front of paddle board and sitting to side of Leo at restaurant is

Adam's little girl that George & Peggy are raising  :) 

Fash

Well, it's not a front view but you did get your new pix of Leo before Revenant /China trip :p

Wonder when Leo will be photographed again