Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE :D:D

Love this excerpt regarding Leo's performance form Los Angeles Times review of The Revenant

Though it has the least dialogue of any of DiCaprio's adult portrayals, Hugh Glass has to be one of the most powerful and convincing roles the actor has had, a part that's taken hold of him to such an extent that it's the equal of any of his four Oscar-nominated roles.

Full-bearded, capable of expressing rage with only his eyes, determined to survive to take revenge on those who did him dirty, even if he has to literally crawl to do it, DiCaprio makes us believe that he has the will and the skills to turn himself into a revenant, a man who has managed to come back from the dead with blood in his eye.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-revenant-review-20151225-column.html 

Jade

Tks for  USA Today interview link, as well as,  reposting the Time Out cover; I do hope to find one

Peter Travers review of The Revenant :PinkCouture2:

And then there's DiCaprio. Hidden behind a grotty beard, his words mostly reduced to grunts, he nonetheless provides a portrait of a man in full. 
It's a virtuoso performance, thrilling in its brute force and silent eloquence. Nominated by the Academy for What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Aviator, Blood Diamond and The Wolf of Wall Street, DiCaprio is favored to win this time. 
But that's not the point. His talent is.
The Revenant shows DiCaprio stretching his acting muscles, testing himself, eager for challenge. That you do not want to miss.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/the-revenant-20151222?page=2

Cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki Talks Digital, from ‘Ali’ to ‘The Revenant’

http://variety.com/2015/film/in-contention/emmanuel-lubezki-revenant-digital-ali-1201667828/

Well just one question of methodology, and if this is part of the magic trick just say so, but I’m curious about Leo getting slammed around.

It’s very complicated. What I can tell you is that what Leo goes through when he’s shook around and stuff, it’s so powerful that if you’re not in very good shape and if you’re not very strong and if you’re not prepared for it, it will break your back. So it was very delicate and we had to rehearse it very carefully.

It’s definitely a moment where his performance shines through and the commitment is on full display.

It’s absolutely incredible what Leo goes through to make this shot. We could not do many takes. I think it was probably two takes because you cannot put Leo through that. It’s just like putting somebody in a washing machine at full speed or something like that.

Deadline's  late last night box office update ; on Monday they will update from Sunday's results :excited::excited:

Finally, on only four screens, Leonardo DiCaprio and his bear are expected to have a final weekend gross of $445,000 for an outstanding per screen of $111,250. The Revenant grossed about $150K today

Not sure if this is from magazine interview or video interview with French site  , but found it on Twitter, would love to see the pix without writing

Benvinda Amorin @swallowbev 1h1 hour ago

#LeonardoDiCaprio @RencontresC @LeoDiCaprio @cinemacanalplus #TheRevenant@20thCFox_FR @20thcenturyfox@RevenantMovie 

25.jpg

Finally, on only four screens, Leonardo DiCaprio and his bear are expected to have a final weekend gross of $445,000 for an outstanding per screen of $111,250. The Revenant grossed about $150K today

I'm excited that the movie is doing so well on only a few screens. Thanks for sharing Ox

Here is another interview I found with Jason Kennedy from E! I absolutely love the Teo bromance! These two would be so much fun to have at a party! :stormy: