Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Nomad: Do you think you would have been this active with these kinds of causes if you weren’t an actor, with the kind of empowerment that it gives you to do these things?

DiCaprio: If I wasn’t an actor, I was going to become a marine biologist.

And a great opportunity to watch this video again :heart:... I looooove this...

"I love biology" Ahhhhhh :rofl:. Biology sucks, Leo  :whistle:.

Nanda Thanks for the tweets, vid and IMDB list.... the most popular male actor. :)  Even his twitter followers reflect this as well . :)

Oxford, thanks for the interview! Very interesting read!! (Y)

Nothing really new, just a bit more detail.. :)

Wolf In The Wings

Martin Scorsese‘s The Wolf of Wall Street didn’t actually get snubbed by SAG because only a portion of the membership has seen it thus far. The Wolf screeners didn’t go out (and won’t go out until just before Christmas, I’m told) due to Scorsese’s 11th hour completion of the film, and…well, here’s a brief explanation from Paramount’s hard-working Lea Yardum:
“We did not have enough time to make screeners for SAG and we started screening for them ten days into their balloting so we always knew we were going [to be] at a disadvantage. Based on when the film was delivered [by Scorsese], when we could start screening and when we could get DVDs made, it was a challenge in itself getting enough SAG nominating committee members in to see the film.

http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/

NY film critic A O Scott's Top films for 2013

.O. Scott's Best Movies of 2013

1. Inside Llewyn Davis. "A ballad of bad luck and squandered talent that already seems, like the music it celebrates, to have been around forever."

2. 12 Years a Slave. "This story of bondage and the longing for freedom unfolds with startling clarity and immediacy."

3. Blue Is the Warmest Color. "Abdellatif Kechiche's Cannes prize winner is about sex, but it's also about everything else: food, work, art, social class, education and, perhaps above all, France."

4. Enough Said. "A rich and insightful examination of the peculiarities and contradictions of courtship and parenthood in 21st century America."

5. A Touch of Sin. "Paints a somber picture of modern China as a place of inequality, greed and indifference."

6. All Is Lost. "An old story -- man against the elements -- grandly and thrillingly told by J.C. Chandor."

7. Frances Ha. "A sweet bedtime story for anxious millennials."

8. Hannah Arendt. "Those who complain that movies can't think don't really know how to think about movies. "

9. The Butler. "Lee Daniels, never known for his restraint, turns America's most agonized and contentious subject (that would be race) into an opera of wild melodrama, canny naturalism and political camp."

10. The Great Gatsby.

(tie) The Wolf of Wall Street

(tie) The Bling Ring

(tie) Spring Breakers

(tie) Pain & Gain

(tie) American Hustle

"It’s capitalism, baby! Grab what (and who) you can, and do whatever feels good. We’re all going to hell (or jail, or Florida) anyway."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/marrakech-fest-q-a-martin-scorsese-talks-retaining-the-desire-to-make-films-suggests-he-only-has-a-few-films-left-hopes-silence-is-his-next-20131208?page=2#blogPostHeaderPanel

Haha 

The bad language in "Raging Bull" has nothing on "Wolf of Wall Street"

"Raging Bull," when that opened, it got some good reviews, but there was a wonderful article in the esteemed great American newspaper the New York Times and it was quite funny because the language in "Raging Bull" is quite terrible. The language, the attitude, the cursing. The article was, “What Happened To Language?” and they quoted some of the worst lines. So we destroyed the language. The main pull quote was from the scene where De Niro threatens to kill his neighbor's dog. The language is very tough in that film, but not as bad as "Wolf Of Wall Street," my new film. Much worse, muuuch worse. I mean, they’re making money.

I love that "Much worse, muuuch worse." Wow I can't wait !!!