Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks all for the videos and pics!

Sad he didn't get a nom but....

i had a feeling Wolf would miss out on the SAG awards. considering how late the screenings were/not all the voting members saw it, the snubs aren't surprising. if it misses out tomorrow during the golden globe nominations, though, that's a genuine, bonafide snub

This ;)

Kat

Tks for Leo/ET information ; I can't wait to see Leo do those moves :p

Barbie

Tks for vids :)

Yes, that Q&A we saw before , it was from one of the SAG screenings :)

And in regard to Paris premieres , by now I'm sure Leo is used to, but all that screaming would unsettle me

Nanda

Tks for premier pix :)

I wonder if Leo is still in Paris or back in States , guess will just have to see where next Twitter sighting is from

Osa

Tks for Leo/Nelson Mandela clip:)

I remember when his BD co star Dijmon H was on Oprah , and he talked about how it meant the world to him that Leo invited him to join him when Leo was invited to dine with Mr Mandela

Neon

Tks for SAG results :)

Looks like Leo is back to NY and was at 1oak last night. This girl posted a video saying Leo is in the background... I think I see Vinny, Chuck, but no Leo... anyone?

http://instagram.com/p/hyfzfTqO2p/

Meanwhile Leonardo DiCaprio was at 1Oak so I'm gonna sad about that lol

JayZ (With Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey McGuire and Devon Aoki, all over NYC)

Interview with Leo from Nomad Magazine

Never Cry Wolf

Chris Anderson:

Nomad sits down for an exclusive with Leonardo DiCaprio to talk about The Wolf of Wall Street, his passion for environmental causes, and what he would have done with himself if the whole acting thing never panned out.

Nomad: The Wolf of Wall Street is coming out in December. It’s your fifth movie with Martin Scorsese as director. Are you his go-to guy now, like Robert De Niro used to be?

Leonardo DiCaprio: I couldn’t ever think of that comparison, simply because to me that is the greatest cinematic relationship ever. Those were the movies that I grew up watching and was inspired by more than any other cinematic relationship, so I don’t even try to bring that in as a factor. I don’t try to compete with that… I think that Taxi Driver – I mean, I’m a huge fan of Raging Bull, Goodfellas, many other films that they have done – but for some reason, Taxi Driver was the epitome of independent filmmaking. What they captured in that time period, especially with that screenplay, was one of the most intricately tortured portraits of a mental breakdown I’ve ever seen. It is ‘the’ independent movie.

Nomad: You’re playing Jordan Belfort, who was convicted of stock market manipulation in the 1990s. How did you prepare for the role, and did you ever meet him in person?

DiCaprio: Oh yeah, I spent a lot of time with him. To me, it’s a psychological portrait of a man that has an insatiable appetite for money, women, drugs, and absolutely no regard for anyone else except himself [laughs]. It’s a journey in that time period in the corporate world of Wall Street, which is the setting, but it’s not necessarily about Wall Street, it’s about a man who is just obsessed with consumption. [With] the times we’re in now, it’s a very interesting subject to take on: how much can we really take for ourselves, and [what are] the ramifications of that? So ultimately, he’s not the most sympathetic character in the world, but it [working on that movie] was one of the most entertaining, fun experiences I’ve ever had, specifically with Scorsese.

Nomad: You’re known for spending a tremendous amount of time preparing for each character you play. Would you describe yourself as a method actor?

DiCaprio: I don’t have a title… I wouldn’t say I’m a method actor, I would just say that I spent a lot of time on Wall Street, I spent a lot of time with Jordan, I had six months of rehearsals and research, and that’s what I think is necessary to portray a believable character. But I don’t have a title for what I do.

Nomad: What’s next for you

DiCaprio: I’m in a very lucky position where I get to choose the types of films that I want to be a part of, and I never have to really question what I’m drawn to. For some reason, the last three movies that I did were all about money, greed and power [laughs], and the ascent and fall of those characters. I mean, Gatsby is a guy who created this vision of himself in the underworld, back in the 1920s, Django Unchained was about a plantation owner who was obsessed with power and money and owning slaves, which was the currency of that time, and now The Wolf of Wall Street has a very similar theme. I don’t know what’s next… I haven’t worked for the last 10 months, and I’m now looking for the next film that I’m going to be drawn towards, and we’ll see what that is. I’ve nothing on the horizon, so to speak, and I’ve been doing other stuff, like environmental work.

Nomad: Anything specific you’ve achieved there?

DiCaprio: Well, we pulled off this very fabulous auction with Christie’s. It was the biggest environmental fundraiser ever. I’ve reformatted my entire foundation, and we’re taking on some of the biggest environmental projects out there as a result of that funding. We’re working on doing a slate of documentaries about environmental issues, and our big goal is to target the next climate change summit, to ask why our political representative and leaders have not made any significant changes... The environmental consensus is now in: we have contributed to climate change, it’s no longer an argument. Now the question is, What are we going to do about it? Are we going to make any real tangible changes? I think that’s going to be the biggest challenge facing humanity in the future. It’s going to be a massive undertaking.

Nomad: Do you think you would have been this active with these kinds of causes if you weren’t an actor, with the kind of empowerment that it gives you to do these things?

DiCaprio: If I wasn’t an actor, I was going to become a marine biologist. I would probably have become an environmentalist in some capacity if I hadn’t had the lucky opportunity of becoming an actor. But yeah, the fact that I’m an actor [allows me] to bring attention to those issues. Only 2% of philanthropy goes towards helping the environment – it is the most under-funded, under-publicized issue on our planet, and it’s really a shame.

Nomad: But in the same way fame empowers you, does it ever hinder you? You must have to travel to do this environmental work, but is it tough when you’re recognized everywhere?

DiCaprio: I travel constantly; it’s something that I love to do. It depends on the country whether I can get around freely, but I do it anyway, whether I’m recognized or not. I have to.

Nomad: There is a poster of you at the airport in Paris, clutching a TAG Heuer watch. That is a partnership you’ve had for a while, isn’t it?

DiCaprio: Yeah, I’ve been a collector of watches for a while now, and it wasn’t until the partnership with TAG that I decided to align myself with a company like this. From the onset, we wanted to create a timepiece whose profits would go towards environmental issues, and that’s been a big source of pride for me. I want to be aligned with companies that show that kind of corporate responsibility. I went to Switzerland, and they reformatted their entire company to run on solar panels, lower their carbon footprint, and it seemed like the right alignment. It’s a great company. They’ve produced a great product, and it’s one of those relationships that I’m proud to be aligned with. There should be more companies like that.

http://www.nomadmag.co/article/view/never-cry-wolf

Nanda

Tks for the answer I was looking for : our next Leo/Twitter sighting , so now we know he's back in NY Flower%20for%20you.gif

Also, tks, for IMDB list and Paris video; agree it's a good one

Future Award nomination dates for those posters who do follow award season

Thurs Dec 12th - GG nods

Monday Dec 16th -Critics Choice /BFCA nods

Wed Jan 8th - BAFTA nods

Thurs Jan 16th -Oscar nods

^^ So humble... and smart... and charitable... and courteous... I could go on, you know :laugh:. Great read. Thanks a lot, Ox  :flower:.  

And yes, now we know he is back to NYC I hope we have more pics :p.

Nomad: What’s next for you 

DiCaprio: I haven’t worked for the last 10 months, and I’m now looking for the next film that I’m going to be drawn towards, and we’ll see what that is.

Pause. This is VERY important! :laugh: