Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

9 minutes ago, BarbieErin said:

I think Robert is a good actor, but I don't understand why people always want to make comparisons with Leo? Each actor has their own path and style of acting, no need to keep comparing them. 

I will never understand Hollywood's obsession with men who in my opinion should not be acting such as Will Smith (Fresh Prince was his shining moment), Timothy Chalamet & Robert Pattinson among many others- they are just not talents IMO though Robert did surprise me in Batman. I thought he was descent in it.

1 hour ago, BarbieErin said:

I don't understand why people always want to make comparisons with Leo? 

Easy to answer. Because Leo is the 🐐

There is simply no other actor having a more compelling constantly successful career adored by critics and audience like Leo.

It can be annoying sometimes (especially with some overrated dudes lol) but it's a compliment I would say.

@kellybsblover I assume you never watched The Lighthouse nor The Rover? He killed it in both movies. At least I think so :p

2 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

^I swear Billy Costigan is Leo at his finest and no one can convince me otherwise :drool:

780160310_Screenshot2022-03-16at15-47-27LeonardoDiCaprioFanPageaufInstagramLeobehindthescenesofthemovieTheDeparted...leonardodicaprioleodicaprio.thumb.png.06e1a75d5dc1efcd82c7463e8245ed2d.png

Full pic.

behindthescenes1.thumb.jpg.b58300ba2a9e5a3bcaecd3e6e3669afa.jpg

LEONARDO DICAPRIO as BILLY COSTIGAN

THE DEPARTED (2006) dir. martin scorsese

0a479f3e6ce1b4b2b24c7794f2ad1f0e54d6611c

fef0c45eb6c07e784dc8c27962d23c9eece84c6d

6d4f9d9382bb8cb31969bd27a4e636fdc161ea69

77ae80b19d38fb94169402ae35dfa94cf9d186c4

e7707e959d8c804233f9943994a93346ea6fa8a2

c081a7d5c98b8fa5e38464bb94971d17cdf40d64

77aa78f8704927de8253b338d0b08f8d8eac1a7f

Source

The dream man😛🤤

On 3/14/2022 at 7:03 AM, Mirella said:

Interesting way of dealing with a pink elephant in the room. 🙃 We bring out Disney. I bet it works too just to make the solution even more balanced.

Leo is intellectually brilliant that's for sure. 

Oh, absolutely. You know the US is an image-struck nation. Look at how Robert Downey Jr has completely rebranded himself via Iron Man. After a while, what older heads know as true will be so distant till it'll be sworn as fiction.

Sorry for the late response, I'm in school now, and when I respond to u, I want it perfect 💯. 🤗

@High Priestess I hope you're okay, you're missing in action. 

On 3/15/2022 at 7:25 AM, oxford25 said:

From Vanity Fair Jacqueline West who did the costumes for Dune was ,also, the costume designer for Revenant & KOTFM

The Revenant (2015)

Let’s move on to The Revenant. As you think back to that film, what is the costume that stands out as the most personally meaningful to you?

I think it was the bear skin, to tell you the truth. I worked on that so hard. First of all, you can’t just go buy a bear skin. They have to be attained from the Parks Department of Canada. That’s where I obtained them. They cull the bear population, and I think only two grizzly bears can be taken in a year. We had to give huge donations to an animal preservation fund in order for them to give those to us. 

What were the challenges of working with such a rare material?

For all of that whole, big, long movie, how does he wear it? How does Leo navigate in that? If he’s lost the use of an arm and a leg from the bear attack, how does he move in that? How does he travel? And the real Hugh Glass traveled from the mouth of the Grand River in northern South Dakota all the way down to Fort Kiowa at the very south of South Dakota.

What did Alejandro González Iñárritu say he wanted from the costume?

Alejandro did an initial drawing of Leo in this big bear skin with the claws still on it, and the head’s still on it. It weighed about 200 pounds.

Oh, wow.

I said, “It’s going to be too heavy, a real bear skin.” But it’s poetic that he wears a bear skin when he travels. What if the thing that almost killed him saves his life? 

Did you find a way to make it not be crushingly heavy on Leonardo DiCaprio?

I just did Killers of the Flower Moon with Leo, the [Martin] Scorsese movie, and he said, “Remember, Jackie, when you tried to drown me in the river in Canada with that.” He said, “Do you know how much it weighed in the water? When I went in the water, I thought I was dead.” He had trouble fighting his way back up to the surface.

the-revenant-2015-leonardo-dicaprio.webp

Hey Girl, I know you're on the lookout for some Leo-friendly news. What I adore most about The Revenant is Leo's delectable daddy skills. Hot-darn, right? Anyway, being @Jade Bahr is a movie aficionado, I'll have to check out the new Batman. Back to Leo, I wonder why when plays a dad, he ends up a widower? Now that Ms. West has done the custom design for The Revenant, Killers of the Flower 🌸 Moon is Oscar bound. 😊

57 minutes ago, YouNoMe said:

Oh, absolutely. You know the US is an image-struck nation. Look at how Robert Downey Jr has completely rebranded himself via Iron Man. After a while, what older heads know as true will be so distant till it'll be sworn as fiction.

Sorry for the late response, I'm in school now, and when I respond to u, I want it perfect 💯. 🤗

@High Priestess I hope you're okay, you're missing in action. 

Now you just picked my favorite of all time. 😍 I fell in love with him during Ally Mcbeal and again with Sherlock Holmes. Not to leave out Iron man. I thought he was the most handsome man ever and still are. ❤

He was lucky to have Mel Gibson there for him. Hug the cactus.😂

@Mirella Robert has a relatable quality. Growing up, I just remember the horrors. His substance abuses, sex scandals, you know, the unbecoming. It's great he's got a second chance. I wonder how Leo would feel since Marty slammed Marvel and Robert sort of fired back on the Howard Stern show 📺. Disney is raking it in, but the essence of what good movies are is a hit 'n miss. But you know, it's whatever. 

4 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

@Mirella Robert has a relatable quality. Growing up, I just remember the horrors. His substance abuses, sex scandals, you know, the unbecoming. It's great he's got a second chance. I wonder how Leo would feel since Marty slammed Marvel and Robert sort of fired back on the Howard Stern show 📺. Disney is raking it in, but the essence of what good movies are is a hit 'n miss. But you know, it's whatever. 

He broke everyone's heart in Ally McBeal and I learned for the first time as a teen that an actors privetlife can affect a show.

We all wanted Ally to get her happy ever after.

l2Sqe6sUQDF56afaE.thumb.gif.ff85bd98301834ee5677be023ceb16a9.gif

I have a soft spot for people that has done not-so-good things but then manage to turn it around. The energy and courage it takes. Getting people to believe and trust them again. Which is possible if you take accountability and as Mel Gibson says: Get humble. You can't have an Ego or a larger-than-life attitude.

Life is hard and you can get in so much trouble but it is how you handle it that counts. 

YouTube has suggested some Marty videos that I haven't seen yet like why he is right about Marvel. Isn't it always a game of: How long can we keep going before peoples taste change? 

^Marty probably watched the last Avengers movie, understood literally nothing -because the stories of the marvel universe are so based on each other you can't just watch one movie- and decided:

1414114363_giphy(1).thumb.gif.1a5778deb45b5bcf5c28a86c7bb691e4.gif

So what? I know a lot people who think his life time project GONY sucks which took him 30 years lol

People can't like everything. I felt asleep while watching The Boring Godfather. According to imdb it's the best movier ever made lmao As if.

I don't remember (him) on Ally McBeal, then again I barely remember anything. I was never a tv kid. Movies and music videos, that was my style. But, if anything, Disney is a great rebound source, many thespians have made use of it. @Mirella

Concerning Marty, I hear negative things from time to time. Well, regarding his Leo collaborations. Some Marty rooters feel as if they can do without it. Mostly men. Movies are subjective because movies are reflections cast forth until the chosen audiences and back onto the crews and casts that make them.

A few weeks ago, I read Tom Holland's Spiderman outgrossed Titanic 🚢. The thing about Titanic is its age. Twenty-five years old and the fanatics keep pouring in. In twenty-five years from now, will that version of Spiderman 🕷️ hold the same regard? It's betted against, but who can definitively say. Marty would be the first to admit to the ebbs and flows of the movie-making process, that is to include how the films are consumed. But his argument may encompass my strived point about Titanic vs. Spiderman. 

Regarding Leo's grandmother, I heard about Ms. Jelena or Helena being Russian 🇷🇺. During The Wolf of Wall Street press junkets via a hotel interview, he admitted she was Russian after the interviewer began to pay homage to her. Subsequently, he also admitted her name was Smirnoff and didn't seem to dispel any connections with the previously mentioned country. 

Speaking of, I could use a drink 🍻.

I hope @High Priestess is okay. I know ppl's lives don't have to revolve around the forum but there is terror where she resides and the whole dang atmosphere is eerie.