Bellazon

News

Neo52285

• 2 weeks later...

Madame Tussauds New York Announces Upcoming Figure Of Adriana Lima

Madame Tussauds New York today announced plans to launch the first-ever figure ofAdriana Lima. The celebrated model, who will be walking in her 15th Victoria's Secret Fashion Show this December, is the longest-running Victoria's Secret Angel in the history of the brand. Lima's impressive career with Victoria's Secret, as well as her immense international popularity, made her an obvious choice to be immortalized by the famed attraction in Times Square.

This past July, Adriana sat with a group of skilled Madame Tussauds studio artists in New York City to begin the intricate process of creating her figure. More than 250 detailed measurements were taken, exact hair and eye colors were matched, and the pose and facial expression of her figure were determined. Adriana's figure will be the first figure in Madame Tussauds 200+ year history, styled after one of the iconic runway looks from a Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

"It has been a pleasure working with Adriana and we are thrilled to bring her figure to our attraction," said Bret Pidgeon, General Manager of Madame Tussauds New York. "As we continue to celebrate our 15th year in Times Square, it's exciting to bring yet another first to our guests – a Victoria's Secret Angel." 

"I am honored to work with the incredibly talented team of artists at Madame Tussauds New York," commented Adriana Lima. "It was humbling to watch the team's effort towards creating a figure that perfectly matches my look. I can't wait to see the completed figure!" 

Adriana's figure will be the 2nd Brazilian figure to join the star lineup at Madame Tussauds New York with legendary soccer star, Pele, currently on display. Her figure will be prominently featured in the Opening Night Party room, where she will be in the company ofScarlett JohanssonAnne Hathaway and Leonardo DiCaprio, among others.

Born in Salvador, Bahia, BrazilAdriana Lima is of Portuguese-Brazilian, Swiss and African descent. After moving to New York at age 16, Adriana joined Elite Model Management and pursued her modeling career. She rapidly began garnering international recognition and giving her the status as one of the world's most sought-after fashion models. Since then, she has appeared in campaigns forGiorgio ArmaniVera Wang, Valentino, Anna Sui Jeans, Victoria's Secret, Vogue Eyewear, Marc Jacobs, Balmain, and has graced the covers of high-fashion magazine, including Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, ELLE, and Marie Claire. Adriana consistently appears in the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Adriana is a passionate supporter of St. Luke's Foundation where she has traveled to different hospitals in order to raise awareness for the cause.   2CubkmCU.jpg

This is huge! I'm very excited about it.

I think they should have a segment on the show talking about Adriana being the longest running Angel, talking about this being her 15th show and then saying she'll get "eternal wings" on her wax figure.  :gocho:

I doubt that will happen tho, anyway it would be cool to have Adriana talking about this and then the girls talking about the star they have on the Walk of Fame.