Bellazon

News

Neo52285

So true VSCatherine :wave:

Adriana Lima Reveals Struggle to Lose Pregnancy Pounds

Adriana Lima looks as picture perfect in a sexy swimsuit.

But it wasn't always that way.

The 29-year-old said gaining pregnancy pounds was an uncomfortable experience, and the stress involved with getting back her pre-baby body after giving birth to daughter Valentina in 2009 was even worse.

“I was really worried, I did gain a lot of weight – let’s say more than 25 pounds,” Lima told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column while showing off the 2011 Victoria’s Secret’s SWIM Collection alongside fellow “Bombshells” Alessandra Ambrosio and Candace Swanepoel in Los Angeles last week. “I ate whatever I wanted – my daughter was my first priority. I tried to keep her healthy, eat healthily, and exercise but not too much. I did light walks and things like that."

Lima said it took her a year to get back hre bikini body,and has tips on how new moms can slim back down.

“My first advice is not to eat sugar and oil – that will help a lot,” she advised. “But if you get stressed about it, it is not good for you and you won’t lose weight. Even if you are working out and you’re on a diet, you are not going to lose weight.”

The Brazilian-born beauty said that despite her best efforts she simply couldn’t shift the pounds, and it was only when she started to relax and get some shut-eye that the scale started to budge.

“[it is so important] not to stress. I had a problem in the beginning because at one point I was so stressed,” she continued. “I wasn’t getting a proper night of sleep, so I wasn’t losing weight.”

Nonetheless, entering the realm of model mommyhood definitely does have an aesthetic upside too – as proven by Lima’s very evident extra glow.

“What can I say? It’s the hormones,” she laughed. “I’m so blessed to give birth, really blessed and lucky.”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/...egnancy-pounds/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

OOOOOOOOMG!

Adriana and Miranda is in GQ's studio today! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

is not a photoshooting for GQ is for VS, the GQ's studio is adjacent to the VS, they were in the hallway, there was a mistake. :wave: :wave:

Yes, I learned a few days ago

Adriana has an upcoming vs event

Meet Adriana Lima at Victoria’s Secret Herald Square. 8/9, 6-8pm.

Time

Tuesday, August 9 · 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Victoria's Secret Herald Square

1328 Broadway

New York, NY

Created By

Victoria's Secret

More Info

MEET SUPERMODEL ADRIANA LIMA

Tuesday, August 9, 6-8pm

Victoria’s Secret Herald Square

Get your picture taken with Adriana (then share it on Facebook and Twitter)! Plus, buy our newest bra, The Showstopper by Victoria’s Secret, and get access to the faster VIP line.

One photo per customer. VIP access only valid with a Showstopper bra purchase.

A Moment With...Victoria's Secret Angel Adriana Lima

This morning, bombshell Adriana Lima set the paparazzi scrambling at the Victoria's Secret store in Herald Square. Chic managed to get an interview with the impossibly leggy brunette, who vamped it up in a white shift dress, Louboutins, and shiny red nails. We got her take on the new Showstopper Bra Collection and her favorite TV show.

What’s been the biggest showstopping moment working for Victoria’s Secret so far?

I have a lot of showstopping moments from VS. I was talking about my first VS fashion show. It was in 1998 on Wall Street. That was my first showstopping moment because it was my first VS show, I was backstage with Stephanie Seymour, Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks. I never thought I would be a part of this and there I was. It was a dream come true. Also, career wise after that I became who I am today because of VS. The first time I opened a show, that was a showstopping moment. The VS commercial with Michael Bay where I open the fridge and I spill the milk- I love that scene. I think that was my showstopping moment. When I saw it I could not believe it. Just look around at all the pictures; there are plenty of showstopping moments!

Speaking of shows, what’s your favorite TV show?

I watch series a lot since I travel on the plane. I don’t have time to follow TV because of my baby, but series I do watch a lot. There is a few: I watch Mad Men. Ah yes, The Good Wife! I lovvveee The Good Wife, it’s really good. That’s my thing now.

What are you obsessed with right now?

I am obsessed with this showstopper collection, not only because I’m promoting it today. It’s the perfect bra for every woman. Once you feel confident wearing that tight top, you can get out knowing you’re going to be covered where exactly you need.

Who are you named after?

You know, I don’t know! You have to go to my mother to ask her. I really don’t know how they came up with my name.

Do people mispronounce your name a lot?

Yes, but that doesn’t bother me. It’s not important. How they pronounce is not important to me.

Brazil is hosting the next World Cup for soccer- do you have a crush on anyone on the Brazilian National Team?

I have a crush on this great basketball player from Serbia. I’ve been watching him for a few years, (husband) Marko Jaric. That’s my deepest crush, nobody else.

How's your daughter?

She definitely changed myself in a great way. I feel more beautiful, I’m a different person. And she loves clothes! Bras and lingerie! You have to see when she gets in my closet she goes, “Oh wow, nicccceeee!” It’s so cute. She has a few words when she talks. She can say “Come, go, water, nice, pretty.” English, Portuguese and Serbian! She’s already 21 months and she speaks more languages than I do! Can you believe?

www.fashionweekdaily.com

WAIT! are you saying she was ranked HIGHER than Candice?!?!!?! how could that be!!!! doesn't this mean the world is ending?????? ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!! this must be a msitake. nobody is ahead of Candice!!!!!

and on a serious note: oh yeah! that's our girl LMS