Bellazon

News

Neo52285

She’s found success on the runway, but supermodel Adriana Lima says there’s another career she finds even more satisfying: Motherhood.

“The best job in the world for me is being a mom,” the Brazilian beauty, 28, tells PEOPLE. “I never thought I could love so much. I always thought, does unconditional love exist? Now I know it does because I feel it.”

Lima, who welcomed daughter Valentina Nov. 15, says becoming a parent has “really changed me completely. I am, in my head, more mature, more secure. And, you know, it changed completely the priorities in [my] life.”

“You feel so strong,” she adds. “It’s such a wonderful feeling.”

The Victoria’s Secret model drew upon that strength when she was found to be suffering from preeclampsia , necessitating two weeks of bed rest before the delivery of her daughter at only 34 weeks along.

Weighing in at just 4.4 lbs., Valentina was the “smallest [baby] in the whole hospital,” Lima recalls. “I wish I had her at home but it wasn’t possible in my case.”

“As a parent you really want to give your best and you don’t want [anything] to happen with the baby, so it was stressful,” she says, although adding that a “great team of doctors” took care of her and husband Marko Jaric was “really supportive.”

Jaric, 31, a former NBA player who is now with the Real Madrid team, is also basking in his new daddy duties. “I feel comfortable,” he says. “[Adriana and I] feel so natural. We’re really enjoying it. Everything is falling in the right place.”

And while the new mom is enjoying her time with her daughter, she also recently headed back to work. Getting into pre-pregnancy shape again “wasn’t easy,” but with a strict diet and exercise regimen (with a former pro boxer!), Lima says she’s back to modeling for Victoria’s Secret.

And what are some of 5-month-old Valentina’s latest milestones? In addition to sitting up, rolling and pushing over onto her stomach, “she has a personality,” the proud mom says. “She’s always smiling. It’s amazing.”

Source: People.com/Celebrity Baby Blog

There's also a picture, but I can't post it from my phone.

Haha, she said it wasn't easy in the People interview and tells USMagazine.com that it was!:

Adriana Lima is back in supermodel shape just six months after giving birth to her daughter Valentina -- and it was no trouble at all, she says. "It wasn't that bad," Lima told UsMagazine.com at Thursday's 3rd Annual Aerospace High Performance Championships in NYC. "It was easy."

Last November, the Victoria's Secret catwalker and husband, NBA star Marko Jaric, welcomed little Valentina, their first child; they had eloped over Valentine's Day 2009. Lima, 28, works out with trainer Michael Oladjide at the the Aerospace High Performance Center. How many times a week? "Everyday," she said. "Often I come twice in one day! It can be anywhere from one hour to...two hours," doing boxing, jump rope and other high-impact cardio routines. As for her diet, the Brazilian bombshell stuck to a no-carb, all-protein regime for three weeks. She's back on carbs, but "now I just try to watch what I eat and eat good, nutritious food." But no counting calories, she said.

Lima loves new motherhood, she added. "Every day I discover something about her," she gushed. "Every single day is a pleasure to see her. I'm always rushing home! I never rushed to go back in my life! It's the best."

thanks for posting up the interview! poor Lima! I didn't know she had preeclampsia. Two weeks early isn't too bad, but dang, Valentina was TINY! Although that may explain a bit of ppl saying Adri's face got really puffy when she was pregnant

Overview

Preeclampsia is a pregnancy condition in which high blood pressure and protein in the urine develop after the 20th week (late 2nd or 3rd trimester) of pregnancy.

Symptoms

Often, women who are diagnosed with preeclampsia do not feel sick.

Symptoms of preeclampsia can include:

Swelling of the hands and face/eyes (edema)

Weight gain

More than 2 pounds per week

Sudden weight gain over 1 - 2 days

Well you figured she still got payed for her VS contract and her Beauty VS contract alone with what she got payed for posing for People a couple times and etc...it adds up to about that. Forbes checks all their sources they speak to the people these models work for (like Ed Razek) So say Adriana made her 5 million (she's rumored to have a 5 year 25 million dollar contract, because she still worked a lot for VS last year all the way up until she couldn't, even some stuff we never seen) and then she gets paid for the rest of the year anyway. Then she's got her VS beauty contract, which she got paid for and did a campaign for early last year, even if it paid 1.5 million (which I think her beauty contract is worth 2) that only leaves a bit of money left over from her appearances, her people shoots and exclusive interviews (which pay very well) Plus what she got paid to appear on Deal or No Deal in Turkey which was rumored to be quite the chunk of money. So I'd bet it's very very close to being accurate.

Funny how she says getting back into shape was easy while she was doing full workouts twice a day sometimes. A lot of us would call that 'torture.'

But that's Adri for ya. :clap:

Another thing that has nothing to do with this:

@lilso78: your avatar and sig are just too cute. I never knew ScarJo could be so adorable.

@MissLimaVzla: *drool* Ian somerhalder is just so hot in your avvy and sig. Do you happen to know where I can find the original pics of that?

@MissLimaVzla: *drool* Ian somerhalder is just so hot in your avvy and sig. Do you happen to know where I can find the original pics of that?

Find the pictures HERE ... But don't get too excited, he's miiine :laugh: