Bellazon

What did you last buy!

midnight lady

Just now, *Luna* said:

@Prettyphile What does Adobo taste like?

I was talking to my Latino friends about what made their BBQ/Food so damn good and they swore by the seasoning so I went out and bought it and my life has been changed. :rofl: I will never go back to a non-Adobo lifestyle.

I put it on everything. Chili, Pasta, BBQ, Chicken Fish, Steak, Burgers, Grilled-Cheese, Chinese

This is what is in it taken from wiki

Adobo or Adobar (Spanish: marinade, sauce, or seasoning) is the immersion of raw food in a stock (or sauce) composed variously of paprika, oregano, salt, garlic, and vinegar to preserve and enhance its flavor. The Portuguese variant is known as Carne de vinha d'alhos.

Reviews from Amazon

Verified Purchase
This stuff is just great. Give it a try, you won't regret it. Something that I really appreciate is the short ingredients list written in language that you don't need a PhD in chemistry to uncode :-)

on December 28, 2014
Whats that, you are chillen trying to make some grub and then you realize you need some extra flavor? Then boom here it is in a small plastic container. A couple of shakes and Bam like Emerald you have flavor in your mouth ( well in your dish first).

Verified Purchase
I use this in everything savory that you need to use salt for, it has such a great flavor and flavors everything. I mean it I use it as my salt.

on March 31, 2015
Best Adobo seasoning, ever. Grocery stores here do not carry Adobo Seasoning, so Amazon makes it easy to obtain. I love it on chicken.

Sprinkle on chicken like you would kosher salt, like a light snowfall. Then roast or grill. Fantastic! Sophisticated "umami" seasoning --- an almost ethereal, subtle flavor. You really ought to give this a try. It would also be good on eggs or fish. Or beef. Or... pretty much anything. Great combination of ingredients.

on August 19, 2015
This is definitely a dish saver when experimenting while cooking.

on July 24, 2015
The "Red Top" Adobo is among the best general seasoning products you can purchase.

on July 15, 2015
I have to give up salt and this is a good subsitute

on June 27, 2015
The quintessential seasoning for all things hispanic (unless you make your own adobo). I grew up on this stuff

^ I mostly use it when cooking pork, almost exactly this: 

38 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

This is what is in it taken from wiki

Adobo or Adobar (Spanish: marinade, sauce, or seasoning) is the immersion of raw food in a stock (or sauce) composed variously of paprika, oregano, salt, garlic, and vinegar to preserve and enhance its flavor. The Portuguese variant is known as Carne de vinha d'alhos.

It's specially great for ribs. Try making it yourself rather than buying it done and it'll be much better!

41 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

I insist, make yourself and it'll be MUCH better :chicken:  

Haha well true, I can imagine it tasting even better when you make yourself! I'll definitely try it :)

Speaking of trying things, have you tried Nutella yet? :p