Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

ANGEL / FOOD

Having dinner with Victoria's Secret bombshell Candice Swanepoel

For a truly sublime experience, try having dinner with a Victoria's Secret Angel. It's fun; they're sweethearts; and there's always good wine. On the other hand, asking a supermodel to pass the mashed potatoes can be a little bit intimidating for any girl who's wondered why she's not taller / skinnier / fill in the blank.

So it was with a mixture of excitement and cynicism that I found myself seated next to Candice Swanepoel and Erin Heatherton at the Gramercy Park Hotel. After taking a deep breath and banishing the "Damn, I hate you and your perfect straight, shiny f*?!-ing hair" impulses, I asked Candice some questions about the upcoming Victoria's Secret show. Then I showed Erin her NYLON blog homage, she freaked out, and we spent the next thirty minutes gossiping about boys - but you wont get a transcript of that. (Sorry!)

Candice, how did you get your name? It's a French name, and my mom's French. Thank god for her, because my name would have been Susan if my dad had his way. Can you imagine? "Susan Swanepoel!" It's too much. A lot of people call me Candy, and my mom calls me Lucie, and my boyfriend calls me "little cat" in Portuguese.

What's your go-to karaoke song? Disney! The Pocohontas song "Colors of the Wind." Or something emotional that you can really get into. Aladdin is good for that, too.

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is next week, and you'll be in a bikini being filmed for millions of people. What are you doing to prepare? That's the question of the day. I'm working out as much as I can in the time I have. People think Victoria's Secret Angels have some sort of training camp, like the baseball teams, but we don't all work out together because we all have different bodies, so it's a solo mission. We each get a different body "prescription." Me, I'm always like, "Make the butt look good! Make the butt look good!" My trainer thinks I'm crazy.

The look for VS angels seems to always include lots of eyeliner... Christopher Arnoff does my makeup and we always go for a cat eye. It's mostly because I'm obsessed with cats, but since we start shooting so early in the morning, I need a look that can go from morning to night. The kind he uses on me is M.A.C and it stays on all day.

What's on your iPod right now? I have a lot of Brazilian music and a lot of reggae.

Are you nervous for Kanye to perform at the show? Oh, you have no idea how excited I am. I'm really interested to see how Kanye's going to interact with the girls on stage, because you never really know until the show is happening. Akon was really good at it and Usher was so nice to us - I loved him! He had such a chemistry onstage with us. I'm so curious what Kanye will be like.

What's your spirit animal? A Cheetah!

--FARAN KRENTCIL

nylonmag.com

post-42054-0-1446072530-73744_thumb.jpg

Candice Swanepoel And Erin Heatheron Talk Victoria's Secret, Dating And Modeling

Last Tuesday night, we had the opportunity to have dinner with Victoria's Secret Angels Candice Swanepoel and Erin Heatherton at the Gramercy Park Hotel. While I felt awkward eating cheese cake in front of the pair of statuesque blonde bombshells, I assume that it must have been much worse for them to film the commercial for the new dream angels bra collection in Prague, but I was wrong. Although she paraded around the streets wearing only a bra and underwear, Heatherton wasn't bothered, "It felt fine - you’re surrounded by so many people that we work with all the time. It’s like family. Every advertising shoot or every commercial we do, they’re there." The most important part of the family for Heatherton is obviously the fellow angels. "My best friend’s Candice," she says, "One of my best friends is Lily, and another one of my best friends in the world is Rosie, but she’s not doing Victoria's Secret anymore. And honestly the best thing about working with Victoria’s Secret for me is that they are my best friends in the world, like, the sisters that I never had."

While Victoria's Secret may be a place to make best friends forever, it is not necessarily a place to find a date. Swanepoel says, "I think it's harder to date as an angel, when people meet you it's hard to look past our job, what we look like. They are always trying to impress you, you know, like 'come to my mansion blah blah blah."" Not that she's on the market, Swanepoel has been with her boyfriend for the last six years, since she was only 17-years-old. Although she feels like she is "married already," that doesn't mean she doesn't have crushes: "I had a little Bieber fever but he got too old," she laughs over dinner. And regarding Tom Ford, "He touches you and you're like oh!" Heatherton, on the other hand, is single. And dating. "I think being an Angel makes [dating], well, I don’t know. I wouldn’t know what it’s like to be any different." Any notable dates recently? "There are so many. There’s dinners and – it’s fun, I mean. I had a boyfriend for a long time and I’ve never really been single as an adult."

Now an ideal Friday night for Heatherton would include the following itinerary: "I would take a bath and then I would play with my dog and probably go out and meet my friends for dinner somewhere. Probably like Barbuto or – I like this place Joseph Leonard, it just opened in the West Village. Mary’s Fish Camp is my number one. I live in the West Village, so I can walk there and walk home. " After dinner, "My friends DJ so I’ll go out and see my friends and dance. Recently, I went out to this place called Westway, which is right near my apartment and my friend Harley [Viera-Newton] was DJing. We always have our songs that we love, like 'Six Foot Seven Foot,' really gangster hip-hop songs and I just hang out with her and it’s just a good night. She’s playing the music, so it’s like a basement party, but more adult."

stylelist.com

I don't know what it is about VS, they are really smart when choosing a model. Theses girls are way mature and down to earth even when they know they are probably one of the most desired women on the planet - not only by men. They have this amazing job that makes them goddesses and they still... talk like girls you could maybe run into at a grocery store and talk about how red the tomatos are. It's just awesome.

NEW siggys , Feel free to use :heart::wave:

post-50597-0-1446072542-4163_thumb.png

post-50597-0-1446072542-49422_thumb.png

post-50597-0-1446072542-51091_thumb.png

Damn, MarvVS! They are gorgeous!

You truly make one of the best signatures :)

thank u so much!!! :heart:

You're welcome :wave:

Wow, these costumes are awesome!! :drool:

Candice is going to look absolutely stunning :heart:

Thank you very much for the pics, silkyunderwear!