Jump to content
Bellazon

General Discussion


Clauds
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

has he done anything to be relevant after his Disney days?

Ordinarily I would see your point, but by nature he's tied to his brother (of Riverdale and apparently close to Vogue fame). And the nostalgia factor's massive, he doesn't really need to have done anything to maintain household recognition. Ask most people in that beloved uni student demo who Dylan Sprouse is and they're know.

 

But I didn't necessarily mean it as 'Dylan is more famous than Barbara so his fans will be drawn in by her being in the show', but more 'Barbara is part of a celebrity couple which gives her extra appeal'. The real critique of my cynicism is why she wasn't invited back after her fling / thing with Justin / Niall / Ed since they had an even larger impact on her notoriety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barbara worked really well for VS in her time, and the photos she shot for them back then, were great. For me, she is a kind of ethereal beauty not necessarily '' juvenile '', I think it could be a good element for the alignment since they need warm bodies with great personality like her. Like many, I felt disconnected from her latest photos from a few weeks ago, I think it does not represent how sensual she really is. I would have to see her walk this year to see what she offers and convince me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, phang.s said:

Barbara gives me the same vibe as Toni. She doesn’t need to be in the show. The spark faded and it’s not making a return. I prefer her in SI. 

 

I wouldn't say the spark necessarily faded. They simply haven't appeared in the show in over five years. The fact that they are still so beloved and do less work with the brand (sans Barbara after the beginning of the summer) is indicative of how much more they had in them. I personally would like to see both of them return. They deserve the same energy Blanca got. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

Ordinarily I would see your point, but by nature he's tied to his brother (of Riverdale and apparently close to Vogue fame). And the nostalgia factor's massive, he doesn't really need to have done anything to maintain household recognition. Ask most people in that beloved uni student demo who Dylan Sprouse is and they're know.

 

But I didn't necessarily mean it as 'Dylan is more famous than Barbara so his fans will be drawn in by her being in the show', but more 'Barbara is part of a celebrity couple which gives her extra appeal'. The real critique of my cynicism is why she wasn't invited back after her fling / thing with Justin / Niall / Ed since they had an even larger impact on her notoriety.

Not really, Cole and that little show he's in isn't that of a big deal and the hype is already falling down because the show sucks.

That's because girlie is taking her career seriously this time around and she said it herself, now she has her mind on the game unlike in the past when all she wanted was to party. These past six years fans had been asking non-stop to have her back and now VS needs her more that she needs them. I do agree that her latest VS pictures are meh but we can't blame her for that because that is happening with every model that works for them these days, VS styling is just crap. I want her on the show this year and if she sucks on the runway... I guess we'll see what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, JROCK177217 said:

 

I wouldn't say the spark necessarily faded. They simply haven't appeared in the show in over five years. The fact that they are still so beloved and do less work with the brand (sans Barbara after the beginning of the summer) is indicative of how much more they had in them. I personally would like to see both of them return. They deserve the same energy Blanca got. 

Long absences make sparks fade. It doesn’t feel the same from what you were first introduced, unlike a gradual change of consistent shows. A lot of Barbara’s appeal was that she was this new stunning VS hopeful, but she’s established herself now and it’s been years, the same magic behind her and VS isn’t there anymore. Blanca only missed like one show so it was easier. 

 

Edit: Also just realized how irrelevant Toni is these days. Most people excited are probably just for nostalgic purposes cause her social media engagement is diabolical. I wouldn’t call her beloved lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, VSFSFan said:

But this year I wouldn’t mind more than 50 models because look who turned out at the callbacks 

More than 50 would, once again, take away the spotlight from the Angels, as it would be way too crowded. Having more models won't make the show better. Most of those girls are beautiful, but aren't all that good/experienced on the runway. If VS wants to improve, they need quality over quantity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, phang.s said:

 

 

Edit: Also just realized how irrelevant Toni is these days. Most people excited are probably just for nostalgic purposes cause her social media engagement is diabolical. I wouldn’t call her beloved lol. 

I don’t want to see Toni there either, but I wouldn’t call her social media “diabolical” she has 1.2 million followers? What do you mean? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This just hit me.....with vs and the fashion industry....the irony of the industry rejecting supermodels with talent.....to just be like a decade or so later...want "models" with a high social media following aka fame. No more walking hangers.........I guess.

 

VSFS this year should be soo interesting. I can't wait for the line up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, BallerinaFashionista said:

I don’t want to see Toni there either, but I wouldn’t call her social media “diabolical” she has 1.2 million followers? What do you mean? 

I said her social media engagement. 1.2M followers, but is averaging less than 15K likes. That means her engagement rate is probably under 1%. That is diabolical. 

 

Edit: I also really hope VS is keeping an eye on engagement rates and fake followers/likes since they’re seriously adding a social media element to it because just because someone has a lot of followers at this momemnt doesn’t mean they have any influence ie; Toni, Devon, etc etc 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, phang.s said:

I said her social media engagement. 1.2M followers, but is averaging less than 15K likes. That means her engagement rate is probably under 1%. That is diabolical. 

 

Edit: I also really hope VS is keeping an eye on engagement rates and fake followers/likes since they’re seriously adding a social media element to it because just because someone has a lot of followers at this momemnt doesn’t mean they have any influence ie; Toni, Devon, etc etc 

This!!

 

Followers end up meaning nothing if there's little to no engagement when it matters, or if it doesn't translate to actual sales. Some people have over-inflated numbers, but their actual reach is quite small because most accounts are bots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, phang.s said:

Edit: I also really hope VS is keeping an eye on engagement rates and fake followers/likes since they’re seriously adding a social media element to it because just because someone has a lot of followers at this momemnt doesn’t mean they have any influence ie; Toni, Devon, etc etc 

 


+1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...