Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

2 hours ago, JROCK177217 said:

On the Aube situation, tbh girl has a right to be angry. Imagine if you were a model and they sat you down in a room full of girls whose entire careers were based off of their youtube and instagram accounts. It's laughable what VS is turning into, regardless of how spectacular models are still attending castings. Sophia is often credited with being the problem, but honestly John is the one turning away good models in favor of other girls during initial castings. 

Why is it laughable? Just because a girl became famous thanks to YT or IG it doesn't mean they are not working hard. Last time I checked all you needed to be a "real model" was to be represented by a legit agency, and it seems to me like all the girls at the casting do. Also it's not just VS, it's the whole world that has changed, and if I had a business I would most likely do the same. This Aube chick for example is a nobody who quite frankly, nobody will give a fuck if she walks the show or not other than her friends and family, Sofia Jamora however has 2.2M followers on Instagram and will most likely sell those bras and panties like hot bread. It's a smart choice from VS to cast girls who will reach a bigger audience, especially now that their sales are going down so much. Georgia Gibbs has nearly 600K followers, Charlotte D'Alessio has 600K followers, Danielle Knudson has 370K followers, Josie Canseco has 343K followers, so they are all more likely to make money for VS and attract viewers for the show, and they all work hard, is not like they woke up one day and were famous. This is not like the nepotism crowd who got their careers handed to them and don't know what hard work is (or as Kendull would say whatever the fuck those girls do). These girls still put up with crazy schedules and work their asses off and let's face it, there's a reason why these girls are so much more popular than the average HF girl.

VS has been using the same formula for years now and it's clearly not working well. Let's see how it goes this year if they do indeed decide to go for more commercial look this year, but I'm pretty sure it would translate into better ratings and better reviews from people.

3 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I’m still not fully here for all the runways shows to be populated with IG models, but VS is a commercial brand. They’re not some blue chip show to display couture pieces that cost thousands of dollars.

They’re a commercial brand and this is an hour long advertisement. Their target market are the people that follow these IG models. I’m sure the average VS shopper is a lot more familiar with the Alexis Rens of the world than Aube, and I don’t blame VS for moving to capitalize on those audiences given their recent sales and declines. The industry has changed and at the end of the day, all they really care about it selling you shit so they’re going to adapt to make that happen. 

That's really sad... but it's the truth anyway.

11 minutes ago, sarinka said:

So i guess that no one will complain about Kendall Gigi or Bella again?

Girls that had their careers handed to them based on their last names vs girls who built up their impressive followings on their own. 

People don’t dislike the nepo girls because they’re popular on IG- it’s because as Kendall so very recently displayed, they were literally given these careers and don’t have a clue about the reality of the industry and the hard work other models have to put in to achieve even a sliver of their success. 

Nothing agaisnt IG models or popularity. But I think it's silly for them to lean on them to cast a girl. They didn't even need that before. Just casted models for their bombshell appeal. Times have change and IG has become a huge thing even in 9-5 jobs. Real bummer. If Kendall gets casted ... All hell will break loose.

6 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I’m still not fully here for all the runways shows to be populated with IG models, but VS is a commercial brand. They’re not some blue chip show to display couture pieces that cost thousands of dollars.

They’re a commercial brand and this is an hour long advertisement. Their target market are the people that follow these IG models. I’m sure the average VS shopper is a lot more familiar with the Alexis Rens of the world than Aube, and I don’t blame VS for moving to capitalize on those audiences given their recent sales and declines. The industry has changed and at the end of the day, all they really care about it selling you shit so they’re going to adapt to make that happen. 

I think there are HF girls that have some good crossover appeal, but these two girls that are whining about IG models seem so wrong for VS as it is. 

They have been trying to highlight social media influencers in marketing and sales strategies for some time and the sales continue to decline. They are doing everything but fixing the most important issue.....the quality of the product and quality ambassadors. I love the new angels everyone deserves a chance and maybe they could be better under new management but the sole purpose of VS was the breakout stars. Not even Candice S. could save the swim line from being taken away. 

They tried to bring in an unknown girl turned model during that competition years ago but that didn't turn out well. As soon as they cleaned house sales will go back up with a new creative team that have both working brains and sight.

Besides Alexis Ren could never walk the vsfs because she only looks decent with photoshop yet she has 11 million followers(which may be fake) but there are other girls they could have with a high social media following like Isabelle Mathers and Olivia Mathers(if they want the sister duo) who Ed follows. They are sisters not twins: 

They also actually look like this in real life too. LOL:

I wouldn't mind seeing Neta Alchimister.....:

1790457064_ScreenShot2018-09-02at1_53_45PM.thumb.jpg.a64b1f5cbed9593d31daa9005d4f47d1.jpg

Hell even Olivia Culpo....they clearly are going for a "look". But to invite Sofia or YoVentura is just.....makes no sense they both have terrible walks and are okay with having terrible walks....for years.......If they want a 37" hip model they can find plenty of them beautiful and amazing in agencies. 

10 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

Girls that had their careers handed to them based on their last names vs girls who built up their impressive followings on their own. 

People don’t dislike the nepo girls because they’re popular on IG- it’s because as Kendall so very recently displayed, they were literally given these careers and don’t have a clue about the reality of the industry and the hard work other models have to put in to achieve even a sliver of their success. 

Tbqdf1zf o

I do agree Sofia's walk is trash tho :rofl: but i rather get Sofia's hot body + trash walk than ever seeing someone like Anja Rubik walk for VS again. 

13 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

But they sell. It's not about it?

I don't really care about them or any other insta girl or whatever.

All i'm asking for is a model with a VS look and really good walk.

I’m leaning for girls like Lorena (nearly 1.2 mil followers) or Cindy Mello (745K) who definitely lean towards the commercial side of the industry and have that IG backing but I also think have a versitility to them. Hell, Lo just landed a Versace campaign so :idk: 

It will really be interesting to see who makes it through this year. 

1 minute ago, sarinka said:

But they sell. It's not about it?

I don't really care about them or any other insta girl or whatever.

All i'm asking for is a model with a VS look and really good walk.

Not necessarily. A brand won't always get the return on their investment in the girls. Sure, they'll get exposure, but it doesn't mean that sales are guaranteed. 

3 minutes ago, everyboulevard said:

Not necessarily. A brand won't always get the return on their investment in the girls. Sure, they'll get exposure, but it doesn't mean that sales are guaranteed. 

Yep, i know. But same as the other insta girls/influencers, it's what i'm trying to say. 

12 minutes ago, DULOVEMEDO said:

They have been trying to highlight social media influencers in marketing and sales strategies for some time and the sales continue to decline. They are doing everything but fixing the most important issue.....the quality of the product and quality ambassadors. I love the new angels everyone deserves a chance and maybe they could be better under new management but the sole purpose of VS was the breakout stars. Not even Candice S. could save the swim line from being taken away. 

They tried to bring in an unknown girl turned model during that competition years ago but that didn't turn out well. As soon as they cleaned house sales will go back up with a new creative team that have both working brains and sight.

Besides Alexis Ren could never walk the vsfs because she only looks decent with photoshop yet she has 11 million followers(which may be fake) but there are other girls they could have with a high social media following like Isabelle Mathers and Olivia Mathers(if they want the sister duo) who Ed follows. They are sisters not twins: 

They also actually look like this in real life too. LOL:

I wouldn't mind seeing Neta Alchimister.....:

1790457064_ScreenShot2018-09-02at1_53_45PM.thumb.jpg.a64b1f5cbed9593d31daa9005d4f47d1.jpg

Hell even Olivia Culpo....they clearly are going for a "look". But to invite Sofia or YoVentura is just.....makes no sense they both have terrible walks and are okay with having terrible walks....for years.......If they want a 37" hip model they can find plenty of them beautiful and amazing in agencies. 

We all know it’s one step at a time for VS. the right influencers and advertising can sell mediocre products we have seen it before. At this point we are at the show and they will hopefully be going in the right direction concerning casting and production, after that they should be focused on the quality and style of their items. 

5 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I’m leaning for girls like Lorena (nearly 1.2 mil followers) or Cindy Mello (745K) who definitely lean towards the commercial side of the industry and have that IG backing but I also think have a versitility to them. Hell, Lo just landed a Versace campaign so :idk: 

It will really be interesting to see who makes it through this year. 

I haven't seen any versatility in there work....but they are still new. Followers don't equal money. Beyonce and Jay Z couldn't sell a joint album more than 500K in the first week of pure album sales and they are legends. Yes, thats comparing apples to oranges but it all boils down to followers don't mean thing. Sales/ratings would continue to go down with these girls. The only way for ratings to be sky rocketed is if Ashley Graham was to walk....and it would be to see what that would look like....and not actual support. Sales reflect the quality of products..