Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

29 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Everything Elsa touches doesn’t turn to gold. Quite the opposite in fact. Lorabella failed and she couldn’t hold down her Biotherm contract while Candice is still featured despite starting earlier with the brand. If I was Candice, I’d be careful about any “collab” with Elsa.

ETA

Not to mention Fyre Fest.

2 minutes ago, ivancica said:

Can we (you) please continue the discussion about Candice's future and Elsa's business endeavors in their respective threads and leave this thread for VSFS? 😊

Good idea. The thread got side-tracked because so many (jokingly or not) wanted to jump to the conclusion that Elsa and/or Candice were shooting for the Fantasy Bra.

Martha got it, believe me you guys. I have a friend, that has a friend who has a boyfriend and his sister used to hold the door at the VS HQ, 100% reliable source. 

No but for real I'm sure she got it I feel it in my soul. I made peace with the idea.

2 hours ago, phang.s said:

No I meant naive. Elsa was naive enough to think sleeping and sight seeing was even an option. 

She probably knew there wouldn't be time tho but they are supposed to lie and make it seem like the VSFS time is the greatest time of the of the year and make it sound like the dream. By 2014 Elsa was already on her third show is not like she was a clueless newbie 

4 minutes ago, Clauds said:

She probably knew there wouldn't be time tho but they are supposed to lie and make it seem like the VSFS time is the greatest time of the of the year and make it sound like the dream. By 2014 Elsa was already on her third show is not like she was a clueless newbie 

Wasn’t that was her first time doing the show not based in New York though? I also dont see how sight seeing and sleeping helps make VSFS seem like the best time of the year either. Like I said, I think she is a bit naive and a very optimistic person. Nothing wrong with that. I wasn’t trying to diss her or anything. 

On 9/20/2018 at 11:21 AM, Chessie said:

Oh, Jasmine presence as an Angel is definitely not strong at all. The only thing that she does remarkable for VS is JOJA and 90% of people hates it. She doesn't do HF shows, she is not that Instagram popular, doesn't get any big jobs or covers and her VS stuff is always forgetable, yo' finding confessions (positive or negative) on ig it's very weird. She got the FB 2 years ago and still couldn't make herself shine more after that. Unlike Lais that put herself in the spotlight. I love Jasmine, she has one of the best walks atm, she always deliver everything perfectly, but she is not the Angel they need right now. 

I always laugh when Elsa Hosk fans want to look their noses down on Jasmine, as if Elsa is akin to Kate Moss. Jasmine doesn't do high fashion shows because she doesn't have to any more. She has walked the top shoes for every major city during fashion month - Calvin Klein (NY), Burberry (London), Prada (Milan) and Chanel (Paris). Like, has Elsa done that at all in her career? Has she walked top shows and even completed a fashion month? Jasmine has more instagram followers than Martha (who once had Taylor Swift's backing) and for someone who put herself out there Lais sure doesn't have anything to show for it since she doesn't even have 2 million on IG. And she's just getting her Maxim cover when Jasmine got hers a couple short months after her bra.

And if Jasmine doesn't get big covers, neither does Elsa since Elsa's biggest covers (Vogue Spain, American Elle and Maxim) are covers Jasmine has also landed. As a matter of fact, Jasmine's American Elle editorial from earlier this year was reprinted on Elle Canada's cover - making her a cover star this year along with Natalie Portman, Daisy Ridley, etc. That's a much bigger cover than Elsa's Elle's Italia or Issue covers. You Elsa fans are really funny with your I love Jasmine disclaimers but then describe 50 reasons why she sucks.

On 9/20/2018 at 2:39 PM, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Duckie because she’s already more well-known than Jasmine (outside of the fashion industry) and on social media

Where? How does someone who has only 1 million IG followers and who is not posted regularly on an IG with 60 million followers more known and has a greater social media following than someone with 3 million IG followers and almost 100k on twitter? Who has had multiple tv appearances on both morning shows, prime time shows, cable tv (MTV). compared to someone who hasn't at all? I guess obsessing over the fantasy bra means the VS fandom lives in a fantasy, alternate universe where facts don't matter.

17 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

No one ever said that Lameka will replace Jasmine, the question was if VS intends to do that. Please, as much Jasmine and Lameka are very different people, Lais too. VS probably doesn't give two cents about having a WoC on the color spectrum. Like, if that was the case, then I nominate Sui to be an angel on the a basis that she's whiter than most whites :rofl: That would be absurd.@Clauds

Imagine typing all that contradictory drivel and not saying anything at all.  If your original post was not about Lameka replacing Jasmine why wouldn't you say Lais as well? Own you opinions and don't try to weasel out of them when someone pushes back on you.

44 minutes ago, phang.s said:

Wasn’t that was her first time doing the show not based in New York though? I also dont see how sight seeing and sleeping helps make VSFS seem like the best time of the year either. Like I said, I think she is a bit naive and a very optimistic person. Nothing wrong with that. I wasn’t trying to diss her or anything. 

Because they can't just make the show seem like it's all work work work. Sure it is a lot of work and no time for fun but still, it's their job to sell the VS experience as the dream, it's a load of BS for sure but I can see why Elsa would try to sell the trip to London as "OMG this will be sooooo much fun and nice" instead of being more frontal about it. I know you were not trying to diss her tho :)

I'm not sure why Elsa is getting dragged into the whole Jasmine-Lameka-Lais tho :rofl: but i do think Jasmine is doing less VS work lately, not saying she's getting dropped but i wouldn't be shocked either tbh. I do think she didn't have the impact VS was hoping she'd have for the brand (i.e become the new Tyra or even Selita) but she's doing waaay better than Chanel. 

With that being said, Lameka would be an awful replacement IMO, she's beautiful but she doesn't cut it for me, i rather see Duckie and Leomie get a spot or even Riley Montana. Lameka just looks too young and frankly out of place in the shoots she's been doing with the Angels so hopefully VS will pass on that.

38 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Because they can't just make the show seem like it's all work work work. Sure it is a lot of work and no time for fun but still, it's their job to sell the VS experience as the dream, it's a load of BS for sure but I can see why Elsa would try to sell the trip to London as "OMG this will be sooooo much fun and nice" instead of being more frontal about it. I know you were not trying to diss her tho :)

I'm not sure why Elsa is getting dragged into the whole Jasmine-Lameka-Lais tho :rofl: but i do think Jasmine is doing less VS work lately, not saying she's getting dropped but i wouldn't be shocked either tbh. I do think she didn't have the impact VS was hoping she'd have for the brand (i.e become the new Tyra or even Selita) but she's doing waaay better than Chanel. 

With that being said, Lameka would be an awful replacement IMO, she's beautiful but she doesn't cut it for me, i rather see Duckie and Leomie get a spot or even Riley Montana. Lameka just looks too young and frankly out of place in the shoots she's been doing with the Angels so hopefully VS will pass on that.

+ 1

I find Jas, Lais and Lameka very beautiful. Each one has its own though Lameka does not have a very impressive presence in terms of personality or beauty standards, since the public always looks at the features that look more feminine. What VS really needs is a set of novel / beautiful faces and a strong personality, because if your walk is not good or does not have a striking personality, they will not be a bomb outside of VS. If you see Duckie and Leomie, both have amazing faces and a strong walk. I highlight Leomie since she has sensual vibes with just one look and all her works have been excellent. I think that in the case of black models we can not ignore that because of their race, unfortunately they have fewer jobs than a white girl, that is a fact. The industry really does not care much about the black models. I think that none of these girls can replace another because each one has its own beauty and style but with how low VS has been falling in their last years, they need to renew themselves with something impressive in their models (of course, in addition to new young and fresh executives).

39 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Agreed. I love Jasmine, not my fave angel because I didn’t have a pleasant experience with her but I think she’s a good model but defintely doesn’t have a presence like her predecessors like Tyra and Selita. But I do hope she gets to open a segment this year. She and Martha are the only angels who havent opened a segment yet...