Bellazon

2019 SI Swimsuit

On 3/15/2019 at 1:21 AM, CandleVixen said:

Who thinks that the cover is going to Barbara P? 

Especially since her announcement today?

I think it would be so sweet to see it. 

My exact same thought! It would be a win-win situation on both sides. The combination of being an Angel and the SI cover girl could finally help Barbara to become a household name while it would solidify SI's and VS's image again of being "star makers" which they have rather failed at in recent years.

Someone else brought Lais up and I think she should have become the SI Cover girl last year. Giving the cover to Danielle was a HUGE WASTE and I immediately knew. The only attention Danielle got was for being the second black cover girl (I didn't count Beyonce because she ain't a model) and what else happened after that? NOTHING. If they really wanted a second black girl, Lais would have been obviously the better choice but I guess SI seems to be super patriotic when it comes to the cover (no solo-cover for non-Americans since 2011). It's time to give it to someone who can make something out of it.

Giving the cover to anyone other than Barbara would be a waste at this point, I adore Lais and I adore Danielle as well but SI fucked it up last year, that cover should have been Lais, it could have been the last push Lais needed to become a star; while Danielle is doing way better post-SI than she was before, it still didn't have the big impact SI was hoping for.

However, I sadly can't see SI giving the cover to an European, white, skinny-ish girl ... You know SI pushing very hard the whole "diversity" thing so IDK, at this point Hunter has better chances to score the cover which sucks because I think Barbara would kill it

If Barb doesn't get the cover this year, I honestly don;t know when she'd get it, unless they purposely give it to someone lesser known to boost her career (although that hasn't helped some models lately).

I swear if Hunter gets the damn cover....I'm usually pretty reasonable and calm on this forum, but a major tantrum may occur if that happens 😖

This is genuinely hilarious. As someone who was only subscribing to SI the last 5 or so years specifically because of this issue, they lost me with the body positivity direction. I’m just no interested in a large percentage of these girls. I cancelled sometime last year after the last issue. So now I can sit back and watch this train wreck and laugh. It’s too bad this thing won’t exist in a few years because they wanted to get Twitter applause from the people who hated the issue for its entire existence. 

I don't have an issue with this personally.  It's a better message than claiming some of these models are "healthy"-- and I'm Ok with some extra meat on the bones but some of them, sheesh.  (if SI wants body positivity, put Myla on the cover).

This is representing different fashion here so I'm fine with it even if I spend little time on her page 9 days from now 😏