Bellazon

59 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

LOL seriously though where’s the PC brigade that tore VS a new asshole when Karlie’s outfit for 2012 was American Indian inspired. I’m confused as to why they haven’t attacked VS with these looks and previous exotic themes.

Thats exactly, what I was thinking too. I was like, this is looking kind of "culture appropriated" even if its on multi-racial adriana.

Her body looked better in the fit in motion. 

Just now, Kevork89 said:

LOL seriously though where’s the PC brigade that tore VS a new asshole when Karlie’s outfit for 2012 was American Indian inspired. I’m confused as to why they haven’t attacked VS with these looks and previous exotic themes.

There is a big difference between being inspired by a culture and specifically sexualizing the headdress, which is a very important and symbolic item in Native American culture. It’s highly revered, and it’s very understandable why there was such anger at the outfit. 

Not to mention, there has been outrage on those segments. Even in this and last VSFS threads, people have commented on the appropriation. 

2 hours ago, brandie013 said:

2003 Was my first show. Fell in love with Adriana and never looked back!  Being so young(11) and not realising the whole 2004/Janet fiasco, I thought it was a one time show. Imagine my shock when 2005 show came around and snatched my ass into the VS fandom ? 2008 was the first year I started following the madness of the months leading up to the show online. I discovered Bellazon in 2010 and have been following here every year since!

YES! Me too :smile: my first show was in 2003 and I was so young (maybe about 12 or 13) and I remember falling in love with Tyra and Naomi (I was so shocked to discover she wasn't an Angel because she had closed 2 segements and opened 1 segment that year! She definitely got Angel treatment!). I assumed it was a one-time show too since there was none in 2004 and then when VSFS 2005 aired, I've been obsessed with my fellow Dutch tulip ? Doutzen :wub: my all time favourite shows are in order: 1. VSFS 2005, 2. VSFS 2003, 3. VSFS 2006, 4. VSFS 2008 and 5. VSFS 2010. The last OK show was in 2014 and the last PERFECT show was in 2008 imo

5 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

There is a big difference between being inspired by a culture and specifically sexualizing the headdress, which is a very important and symbolic item in Native American culture. It’s highly revered, and it’s very understandable why there was such anger at the outfit. 

Not to mention, there has been outrage on those segments. Even in this and last VSFS threads, people have commented on the appropriation. 

I agree but I don’t see the difference tbh. They’re taking African traditions and tribal garb and sexualizing it by it being a lingerie show. If they did an Indian inspired segment with all of what the women wear and had them in lingerie there would be an uproar also. I think it’s more people just pick and chose what they find offensive lol.

Personally I don’t care but these exotic segments shouldn’t exist just in case.

31 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

:sad: I wanted her to be in the segment "goddesses" UGH

Me too :sad: but it looks like she'll be in both Nomadic Adventure and (possibly but not confirmed) Punk Angels (most likely she'll open) since Olivier loves Adri and she's modeled for Balmain for quite a while.  

I like the look but it's way to similar to Maria B look last year in TRA and her look in 2015 for Fireworks which was gorgeous! this look on Adriana just looks cheap and like a Turkey Thanksgiving costume :/ but it's Adriana and she can make a trash bag look sexy

IMG_0053.JPG IMG_0052.JPG

1 hour ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Me too :sad: but it looks like she'll be in both Nomadic Adventure and (possibly but not confirmed) Punk Angels (most likely she'll open) since Olivier loves Adri and she's modeled for Balmain for quite a while.  

I like the look but it's way to similar to Maria B look last year in TRA and her look in 2015 for Fireworks which was gorgeous! this look on Adriana just looks cheap and like a Turkey Thanksgiving costume :/ but it's Adriana and she can make a trash bag look sexy

IMG_0053.JPG IMG_0052.JPG

what if she doesn't open anything this year? some people think that for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

what if she doesn't open anything this year? some people think that for some reason.

I highly doubt she won't open this year, she has opened a segement or whole show every year since 2003 so I don't see VS stopping with her segment openings unless she got an FB, SO or anything special. She's gonna open segments every year until she retires I think :D

1 hour ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

I highly doubt she won't open this year, she has opened a segement or whole show every year since 2003 so I don't see VS stopping with her segment openings unless she got an FB, SO or anything special. She's gonna open segments every year until she retires I think :D

I hope because VS does stop that with older angels.

18 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

I agree but I don’t see the difference tbh. They’re taking African traditions and tribal garb and sexualizing it by it being a lingerie show. If they did an Indian inspired segment with all of what the women wear and had them in lingerie there would be an uproar also. I think it’s more people just pick and chose what they find offensive lol.

Personally I don’t care but these exotic segments shouldn’t exist just in case.

+1

Again, might be my biased towards her but I think Adriana looks great! I love the colors on her! I hope she has a deep tan come time for the show or else I'm afraid she'll look washed out. 

They seem to love to put her in really strong, unique outfits more recently. 

Was hoping for her to be in either goddesses or winters tale but I kinda figured they'd put her here. 

So here's what our lineup currently looks like after all this week's hot mess...:Angel: possibly 55-56 girls walking as predicted 

ANGELS:
1) Adriana Lima- Brazil ??
2) Alessandra Ambrosio- Brazil ??
3) Candice Swanepoel- South Africa ??
4) Lily Aldridge- USA ??
5) Elsa Hosk- Sweden ??
6) Jasmine Tookes- USA ??
7) Josephine Skriver- Denmark ??
8) Lais Ribeiro- Brazil ??
9) Romee Strijd- Netherlands ??
10) Martha Hunt- USA ??
11) Sara Sampaio- Portugal ??
12) Taylor Hill- USA ??
13) Stella Maxwell- Belgium ??

FORMER ANGELS:
14) Karlie Kloss- USA ??

FITTING MODELS:
15) Barbara Fialho- Brazil ??
16) Devon Windsor- USA ??
17) Cindy Bruna- France ??
18) Dilone- USA ??

PINK SPOKESMODELS:
19) Grace Elizabeth- USA ??
20) Zuri Tibby- USA ??

VETERAN MODELS:
21) Megan Williams- UK ??
22) Sui He- China ??
23) Maria Borges- Angola ??
24) Kelly Gale- Sweden/Australia ????
25) Daniela Braga- Brazil ??
26) Georgia Fowler- New Zealand ??
27) Herieth Paul- Tanzania ??
28) Blanca Padilla- Spain ??
29) Alanna Arrington- USA ??
30) Sanne Vloet- Netherlands ??
31) Bruna Lirio- Brazil ??
32) Maggie Laine- USA ??
33) Leomie Anderson- UK ??
34) Leila Nda- Burundi/Belgium ????
35) Lameka Fox- USA ??
36) Jourdana Phillips- USA ??
37) Liu Wen- China ??
38) Xiao Wen-China ??
39) Ming Xi- China ??
40) Bella Hadid- USA ??

NEWCOMERS:
41) Roosmarijn De Kok- Netherlands ??
42) Samile Bermannelli- Brazil ??
43) Estelle Chen- France ??
44) Amilna Estevão- Angola ??
45) Alécia Morais- Cape Verde ??
46) Aiden Curtiss- USA ??
47) Alexina Graham- UK ??
48) Grace Bol- South Sudan ??
49) Gizele Oliveira- Brazil ??
50) Nadine Leopold- Austria ??
51) Victoria Lee- Australia ??
52) Vanessa Moody- USA ??
53) Frida Aasen- Norway ??
54) Xin Xie- China ??

I SUPERMODEL WINNER:
55) One- China ??

VISA STATUS UNKNOWN:

Mayowa Nicholas- Nigeria ??

REPLACEMENT UNVERIFIED:  
 Shu Pei- China ??

1 minute ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

So here's what our lineup currently looks like after all this week's hot mess...:Angel: possibly 56-57 girls walking 

ANGELS:
1) Adriana Lima- Brazil ??
2) Alessandra Ambrosio- Brazil ??
3) Candice Swanepoel- South Africa ??
4) Lily Aldridge- USA ??
5) Elsa Hosk- Sweden ??
6) Jasmine Tookes- USA ??
7) Josephine Skriver- Denmark ??
8) Lais Ribeiro- Brazil ??
9) Romee Strijd- Netherlands ??
10) Martha Hunt- USA ??
11) Sara Sampaio- Portugal ??
12) Taylor Hill- USA ??
13) Stella Maxwell- Belgium ??

FORMER ANGELS:
14) Karlie Kloss- USA ??

FITTING MODELS:
15) Barbara Fialho- Brazil ??
16) Devon Windsor- USA ??
17) Cindy Bruna- France ??
18) Dilone- USA ??

PINK SPOKESMODELS:
19) Grace Elizabeth- USA ??
20) Zuri Tibby- USA ??

VETERAN MODELS:
21) Megan Williams- UK ??
22) Sui He- China ??
23) Maria Borges- Angola ??
24) Kelly Gale- Sweden/Australia ????
25) Daniela Braga- Brazil ??
26) Georgia Fowler- New Zealand ??
27) Herieth Paul- Tanzania ??
28) Blanca Padilla- Spain ??
29) Alanna Arrington- USA ??
30) Sanne Vloet- Netherlands ??
31) Bruna Lirio- Brazil ??
32) Maggie Laine- USA ??
33) Leomie Anderson- UK ??
34) Leila Nda- Burundi/Belgium ????
35) Lameka Fox- USA ??
36) Jourdana Phillips- USA ??
37) Liu Wen- China ??
38) Xiao Wen-China ??
39) Ming Xi- China ??
40) Bella Hadid- USA ??

NEWCOMERS:
41) Roosmarijn De Kok- Netherlands ??
42) Samile Bermannelli- Brazil ??
43) Estelle Chen- France ??
44) Amilna Estevão- Angola ??
45) Daria "Dasha" Khlystun- Ukraine ??
46) Alécia Morais- Cape Verde ??
47) Aiden Curtiss- USA ??
48) Alexina Graham- UK ??
49) Grace Bol- South Sudan ??
50) Gizele Oliveira- Brazil ??
51) Nadine Leopold- Austria ??
52) Victoria Lee- Australia ??
53) Vanessa Moody- USA ??
54) Frida Aasen- Norway ??
55) Xin Xie- China ??

I SUPERMODEL WINNER:
56) One- China ??

VISA STATUS UNKNOWN:

Mayowa Nicholas- Nigeria ??

REPLACEMENT UNVERIFIED:  
 Shu Pei- China ??

I'm curious, where did you get the news that Shu Pei is a replacement? I know I mentioned about Shu Pei and said I saw her name being mentioned in an unverified source, but perhaps you know something o.o?