Bellazon

But for the sake of not making people cry :cain: I'll change the subject.

what do you guys think of this year's runway?? I know that they said it'll be a runway we've never seen before but three runways that rise and fall? That sounds so dangerous, I wonder how they'll execute it :unsure:

also it's safe to assume we will get the LED runway(s) this year instead of the glitter which I really don't mind tbh.

IMG_8595.PNG

1 minute ago, AngelAshley94 said:

But for the sake of making people cry :cain: I'll change the subject.

what do you guys think of this year's runway?? I know that they said it'll be a runway we've never seen before but three runways that rise and fall? That sounds so dangerous, I wonder how they'll execute it :unsure:

IMG_8595.PNG

Thank you! and I think the runway would be amazing. It's something we haven't seen before.

3 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

But for the sake of not making people cry :cain: I'll change the subject.

IMG_8595.PNG

I actually have the same thoughts about the rising and falling runways. It really really screws over the models' rhythm. I hope we don't have a similar case of a model falling down like Lais did in 2012. Also, do you have updates to share? 

They just want the models that have wings to take flight by making them rise above everyone else and possibly jumping and the hidden mechanisms in the wings will allow for X model to look so fucking majestic and everyone will be in awe as the rest of the models walk on the side runway's and get forgotten :rock:

Back to the Limer cave now. The new crush is waiting (if only):

wA31e4O.jpg

:angie:

Also going back a little bit. I’m not sure why anyone is surprised more Asians weren’t cast. First of all Asia is not their largest buying demographic. Though of course it does have the potential to grow. 

However look at London and Paris. They didn’t cast an astronomical amount of English or French models. 

And because I have been asked not to say anything in regards to the racist comments from earlier I won’t other then to acknowledge that they were racist and completely unnecessary. 

9 minutes ago, MarVS said:

Btw Latinas is not a race! There is a lot of Latinas that have been casted for the show . the brazilians are latinas , also Joan smalls and Dilone and probably some more.

I'm excluding Brazilian Latina models because of VS's preferred treatment for them since the 90s and I'm very well aware Latina/Latino isn't a race. I'm talking about Spanish-speaking Latina models ex. Daniela Lopez or Arlenis Sosa who gets overlooked every single year she goes to castings etc

10 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

Also going back a little bit. I’m not sure why anyone is surprised more Asians weren’t cast. First of all Asia is not their largest buying demographic. Though of course it does have the potential to grow. 

However look at London and Paris. They didn’t cast an astronomical amount of English or French models. 

And because I have been asked not to say anything in regards to the racist comments from earlier I won’t other then to acknowledge that they were racist and completely unnecessary. 

Other than Lily Aldridge who has dual British and American citizenship, Lily Donaldson, Jourdan Dunn and Cara D who was supposed to walk that year as well but chose not to, there were and are pretty much no other famous well-known household name British models compared to back then. Those models were the most popular representatives of their country and thus walked the show of course. Also, there aren't that many well-known French models either other than Cindy Bruna and Constance Jablonski (who didn't walk bc of her contract with Etam) who are the most famous models in France. I can't literally think of any other French model who went to castings for last year's show to begin with. Anais Mali went as well but oddly got rejected and isn't as well known as Cindy.

3 minutes ago, phenobarbie said:

White isn’t a race either. 

Neither is black. 

Or Asian. 

lemme guess, were all the human race? :cain:

although I do agree race is social construct invented by white Europeans, technically there are three scientifically classified races: caucasoid (white), negroid (black) and mongoloid (Asian)

4 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

Other than Lily Aldridge who has dual British and American citizenship, Lily Donaldson, Jourdan Dunn and Cara D who was supposed to walk that year as well but chose not to, there were and are pretty much no other famous well-known household name British models compared to back then. Those models were the most popular representatives of their country and thus walked the show of course. Also, there aren't that many well-known French models either other than Cindy Bruna and Constance Jablonski (who didn't walk bc of her contract with Etam) who are the most famous models in France. I can't literally think of any other French model who went to castings in last year's show to begin with.  

Cindy is more famous than Camille Rowe??

Missing a couple there if you want to go by the broadest definition of the word but sure. 

So for future notice any time someone describes a woman as black they aren’t being racist they are being descriptive and simply calling them by their race. Or should we use the word negroid?

However by discriminating against someone because of the color of their skin (disparaging comments included) you are being racist. 

But if you feel saying “basic filler white model” is acceptable. Then me saying that I find most of the black women cast just as basic and simply cast so the show can be “diverse” is acceptable too. Right?