Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

48 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Yeah, that was 250 years ago... and it wasn't the same family (that was the House of Hannover - though both families are linked, but I'm no expert of these guys)

Anyway, the reason why the White House supports rich-girl Meghan is because the media's wind says so. I love their geopolitical strategy: the leaf floating in the wind... :laugh:

Elizabeth II is a direct descendant of George III!

If you are interested:

Queen-Elizabeth-II-family-tree-1809570.jpg

1 minute ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Elizabeth II is a direct descendant of George III!

If you are interested:

Isn't it another Family House? Because Edward VII's father wasn't a House of Hannover guy, he was a Saxe-Coburg (later renamed Windsor), right?

I don't know too much about these people from the other side of the channel. I just know the debauched details about some of them (like Edward VIII... and I don't mean the part where he marries an American girl, I mean his political friends in a certain country during a certain period of time :laugh:)

Bill Maher is the left as I like it. Not perfect, I wouldn't agree with him on everything, but at least he's smart, sane and look at the world with open eyes. These type of people are rarer, because the Witch Hunt has been tracking them for the past years.

On 3/20/2021 at 4:28 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I thought segregation was struck down, illegal now. I guess it’s only for government funded institutions of higher learning. 

They haven’t learned from our history, so they are doomed to repeat it.  Get this, Colombia University was one of the protesting universities  for desegregation in 1968! They grouped it in with the Viet Nam protests.

• 2 weeks later...

The media, Joe and big companies aren't happy about Georgia's law on voter ID. This is what we do in France! We've had voter ID for a long time! What kind of third world country doesn't have a voter ID system???

What kind of people are against voter ID? :tumbleweed:

Coca-Cola (the diabetes company) and Delta (a company that requires ID for its flights) opposes it. Big companies are feudal powers in Murica. They are the ones who decide for you, really? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, the virtue-signalling people (who call themselves the good guys) turn out to be... not that good.

If it was for migrants, they would be revolted, but when Justin bullies his own citicizens, it's fine :rofl::rofl:

'It was like jail': Travelers revolt inside Justin Trudeau's quarantine hotels after complaints of sexual assaults, no food and squalid conditions - and they have to pay $2,000 for the privilege

• Travelers have to quarantine for three days in a hotel while they await test results
  • Guests complained of not receiving food or water despite forking out thousands
  • One woman says she was sexually assaulted in her room, which had no lock

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9426691/Guests-revolt-Canadas-2-000-quarantine-hotels-no-food-squalid-rooms-sexual-assaults.html

The media is demanding that Hollywood punishes Georgia for voter ID (which every normal democracy has BTW...............)

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/why-hollywood-its-staying-quiet-about-georgias-new-voting-law.html

That's how it works in the USA: big companies, media and show business decide for the people.... and they call it a "democracy". :rolleyes: I'm glad I live in a country that's closer to a real democracy.

BTW, we also ban mail-in ballots in France. Because that's what democracies do. Big tech censor people who criticize mail-in ballots on the Internet, because Big Tech are American companies (and in the USA, big companies are feudal lords).

I'm glad I don't live in this non-democracy. Things could be better if I didn't have to use Murican big tech and if Murican BS didn't try to colonise our news :rolleyes:

Why Do Most Countries Ban Mail-In Ballots?: They Have Seen Massive Vote Fraud Problems

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3666259

SMH

the only way that the housebound people can vote is by mail in ballot. That’s the way my father in law does. 

that is my one concern over the “ban all mail ins”

As for voter id, most of us have to have a voter registration card and a picture id. 

20 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

The media is demanding that Hollywood punishes Georgia for voter ID (which every normal democracy has BTW...............)

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/01/why-hollywood-its-staying-quiet-about-georgias-new-voting-law.html

That's how it works in the USA: big companies, media and show business decide for the people.... and they call it a "democracy". :rolleyes: I'm glad I live in a country that's closer to a real democracy.

No normal democracy has laws prohibiting people from giving water to folks waiting in line to vote. :rofl:

2 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

No normal democracy has laws prohibiting people from giving water to folks waiting in line to vote. :rofl:

Dude, you're victim of media disinformation. :laugh:  Don't believe me or them, just read the text yourself (it's section 33):

https://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20212022/201121

It's about people sollicting votes in any manner or means (including gifts, food and drink). Then, they say that poll officer have to make water available for voters. It's not what  Joe and his buddies (the media, Coca Cola and Delta) say. They misinformed people.

Also, this section could be debatable, but it's not a key section and what the media (and big companies) contest is voter ID. Are you really against voter ID? :ninja:  That's a key aspect of safe elections.

12 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

the only way that the housebound people can vote is by mail in ballot. That’s the way my father in law does. 

that is my one concern over the “ban all mail ins”

There are alternatives for these people, like proxy-voting, which is safer against frauds.

Anyway, I agree that all this could be debatable, but what shocks me is people making articles saying they're against voter ID... The most disturbing thing, to me, is to see that multi-billion companies feel they have the right to comment, contest and try to modify democratic processes  (as if these companies were feudal powers...):ninja:

Nobody voted for Coca Cola, MSNBC or Hollywood actors... So, these people don't have the right to bully democracies. But that's just my opinion.

2 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

8 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Dude, you're victim of media disinformation. :laugh:  Don't believe me or them, just read the text yourself (it's section 33):

https://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20212022/201121

BTW, to contest this law, the media used many classical fallacies: straw-man argument, red herring, slippery slope, argumentum ad misericordiam and above all... hasty generalization.

These sophistries (that the American media love to use) have been around for millennia :laugh:

nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector

So basically it is illegal to offer food or drink to someone waiting in line. Considering that folks - especially in districts with large minority groups - are often times required to wait a long time (5-6 hours or longer is not unheard of) to cast their ballots, this is 100% a measure aimed at making it harder to vote.

In any case, this is a measure that might be able to skew the vote their way for one or two more election cycles, but the demographic realities in Georgia are such that this is a rear-guard battle. Eventually the African-American electorate there will be so sizable it is essentially voter-suppression proof. When that moment arrives, they will not have forgotten which party made it as hard as possible for them to cast their ballots.

I truly don't understand American conservatives who are happy to leave the majority of non-white voters to the Dems. There are social conservatives among black Americans, among Hispanic Americans. Yet the GOP does no effort to appeal to them, they rather try to block their votes. It's a losing electoral proposition in the long run.

The exact (and uncut) sentence is the following:

No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition, nor shall any person, other than election officials discharging their duties, establish or set up any tables or booths on any day in which ballots are being cast

Which is then completed by:

This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer from distributing materials, as required by law, which are necessary for the purpose of instructing electors or from distributing materials prepared by the Secretary of State which are designed solely for the purpose of encouraging voter participation in the election being conducted or from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in line to vote

It's pretty clear that a) it's about soliciting votes (a guy offering gift, food and drink to influence the vote) and b) poll officers should provide self-service water. The media has been quite disingenuous by twisting the purpose, which then instill confirmation bias in people when they read it.

19 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

often times required to wait a long time

Well, the solution of this could be to build more polling places. Did Joe propose this?

33 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

this is 100% a measure aimed at making it harder to vote

20 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

it is essentially voter-suppression proof

Don't you think it's a little bit caricatural and a big distortion of what is actually written? It's a section about soliciting votes.

Also, some journalists say they're against this section... and then use it to discard ALL the law. That's sophistry (hasty generalization). Let's say they are right and this section should be changed, it doesn't change the fact that the main point of the law is voter ID. Voter ID should be the basis of a sane democracy. This diversion on one section is quite disingenuous IMHO.

1 hour ago, Enrico_sw said:

The exact (and uncut) sentence is the following:

Which is then completed by:

It's pretty clear that a) it's about soliciting votes (a guy offering gift, food and drink to influence the vote) and b) poll officers should provide self-service water. The media has been quite disingenuous by twisting the purpose, which then instill confirmation bias in people when they read it.

Well, the solution of this could be to build more polling places. Did Joe propose this?

Don't you think it's a little bit caricatural and a big distortion of what is actually written? It's a section about soliciting votes.

Also, some journalists say they're against this section... and then use it to discard ALL the law. That's sophistry (hasty generalization). Let's say they are right and this section should be changed, it doesn't change the fact that the main point of the law is voter ID. Voter ID should be the basis of a sane democracy. This diversion on one section is quite disingenuous IMHO.

Elections are organized on state level. Which means it's not Joe but the state government that determines where and how many polling stations there are.

In predominately black neighborhoods, there are far fewer, which is why you have the very long lines that take 4-5-6 hours in those places.

It's also why I'm very dubious about those same organizers making sure there is water for the people waiting in line. Obviously they won't do that.