Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

I am sorry but saying you cannot wait for her to go back to her pre-baby weight, does not help at all. She's in her 40s now, doesn't model as much -probably her own choice, fair enough- and has three kids. What if she doesn't want to put as much effort anymore? Or what if she cannot go back to that weight? She doesn't owe you, me, the fans, or anyone shit. Let the woman live and enjoy her life, regardless of how much she weights. THAT is what people need to understand, that Adriana or any woman or any human, should not have to look a certain way for the "haters to fuck off", everyone needs to fuck off and stop acting like there's something wrong with her body changing due to age and pregnancy. There is nothing wrong with Adriana, there is nothing wrong with her weight. I mean there is one thing wrong and it's the fact that she keeps getting that horrendous hairstyle but that's a different story lol.

I do agree on her honesty being good tho, I will never understand people who get mad at the stuff she says about her diet/exercise, what would the better option be? For her to lie like every other celebrity? Nah, I'll take Adriana's honesty any day.

I get what you’re saying but my thing is: clearly the comments affect her seeing as she turned off her comments on her last instagram post. Adriana never did that and the comments weren’t about the fifa but her weight. She is never been that bothered by comments on her appearance like that, which I can imagine because she has never been giving any shit over her looks that much. Even when she would post those post work out photos that weren’t the best, it’s clear the ignorant comments didn’t get to her.  Adriana has never turned off her comments for anything but did this time. 

Since she is clearly affected and impacted by what people are saying I support her doing whatever it is she wants to do to combat that. plus its deeper than her owing “other things”. Adriana’s looks are her job and apart of her brand honestly. Its not like we are talking about a singer or someone whose job isn’t fully relying on her looks. Thats just not the reality. Thats not me defending the hate but thats me saying I see why she clearly has started trying to diet and work out and I support her continuing to do that for her sake because she clearly is bothered by it herself. What model would not be? And with her job, eventually it will be important for her to be in her usual shape. If we was talking about an actress or retired model it would be different. Adriana is clearly still an active model who did not want to retire, she said it herself she did enough jobs last year to prove that. 

Sorry but adriana was mocked for a whole year about this, they turned mocking her weight gain into a trend, they made her turn off her damn comments, YES I do want her to get the last laugh against those haters. They don’t deserve the satisfaction of making fun of her or making her feel bad about herself. Adriana clearly is already on the road to recovering herself and I am supporting that. 

The comments should not be made in the first place, and that is the root of the issue, people commenting on her body like it's their business. Sure, she is a model and lives off her looks, but her looks go beyond her weight. Just let the woman do things at her own pace and in whatever way she feels comfortable.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:23 PM, lucyford said:

The criticism is getting out of hand and the woman in particular calling it out keeps brining up what she said to GQ ages ago. Laurent had to comment this to the media 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/02/football/adriana-lima-fifa-moya-dodd-women-world-cup-intl-spt/index.html

Laurent Boye, said the model’s stance had changed in the 17 years since she made those comments.

“We can proudly say that Ms Lima has been promoting a healthy lifestyle for several years and like many people, her position on many LGBTQIA+ and women issues has evolved and she is considered an ally,” Boye said in a statement.

Anybody knows where can i read the full statement of Laurent? Apparently he said something very controversial about body positivity that made many people mad.

5 hours ago, ekn said:

Anybody knows where can i read the full statement of Laurent? Apparently he said something very controversial about body positivity that made many people mad.

This? 

"We are proud of Adriana from walking the Cannes Film Festival red carpet while pregnant last year to the Carine Roitfeld's fashion show she did shortly after delivering her baby, we believe these moments showcased body-positivity.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/who-is-adriana-lima-the-supermodel-appointed-as-fifa-s-global-fan-ambassador/blt2b5bd130f872643f

15 hours ago, lucyford said:

This? 

"We are proud of Adriana from walking the Cannes Film Festival red carpet while pregnant last year to the Carine Roitfeld's fashion show she did shortly after delivering her baby, we believe these moments showcased body-positivity.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/who-is-adriana-lima-the-supermodel-appointed-as-fifa-s-global-fan-ambassador/blt2b5bd130f872643f

People got mad at THAT?? Smh they just don't like seeing Adriana with weight on her. The whole body positivity thing and inclusiveness is a fake idea.  People are literally mad at the VS fashion show coming back because they know its gonna be bigger models and all that. People are def expecting it to flop and have low hopes because they know they won't get the VS models they are used to. IDK who is responsible for giving this false idea that this stuff was accepted by the masses its not. Especially not the modeling industry.

@Souled-Out I don't think it is related to Adriana specifically. Body-positivity activists never happy when a supermodel shows up and supports or says something supportive about body-positivity. According to them, supermodels makes millions just by their bodies and only support the body-positivity movement when their bodies no longer fit the supermodel stereotype. This is seen as hypocrisy. 

Second problem is Laurent's statement. According to the activists, Body-positivity is not something that can be showcased. Just by this sentence, people think she (or her publicist) didn't even get the idea of the movement. 

That's what i understand...

11 hours ago, laeteita said:

@Souled-Out I don't think it is related to Adriana specifically. Body-positivity activists never happy when a supermodel shows up and supports or says something supportive about body-positivity. According to them, supermodels makes millions just by their bodies and only support the body-positivity movement when their bodies no longer fit the supermodel stereotype. This is seen as hypocrisy. 

Second problem is Laurent's statement. According to the activists, Body-positivity is not something that can be showcased. Just by this sentence, people think she (or her publicist) didn't even get the idea of the movement. 

That's what i understand...

Thats confusing, I THINK I may get it. But still this was not worth Adriana's time trying to advocate for-especially since all she got was hate, even from people who look like she did while pregnant on a regular day basis. It wasn't body positive people defending her, it was regular people who have always been fans and stuff. I really hope she stops trying to be apart of that fake wave this year. If those people don't want her advocating for them, F them. She should continue doing whats best for HER. Because the masses don't really care about body positivity anyway, they are very selective with it. Even Rihanna is not viewed the same after she gained weight from pregnancy, it wasn't just Adriana. Thats why I say its not a truly accepted concept or popular opinion

I love Adriana but I need for her to wake up this year and realize who she really is. Sometimes I am not sure if she knows. Sometimes I think she can lack self awareness or maybe she is just TOO humble lol. But she's a fucking big deal and big name and should only make moves like a big supermodel would.Especially since its clear she still is passionate about her job and doesn't plan on retiring. All this people give her this shit because of her job, they don't care about her heart. She can still be a good person but also be aware that she is a big supermodel and should be doing what big supermodels do in the modeling industry. Let the people who clearly can not relate to her fend for themselves, they are basically begging her to do so. Since they aren't open to her caring about body positivity because she is a successful supermodel, she should focus on continuing to be a successful supermodel. Like I said, they don't respect THAT kind of humbleness from someone like her because they are too jealous of her. She has a great heart and she should continue to have a great heart, BUT if these people are literally out here saying they don't want her advocacy or pity, do not give it to them, especially not at her own expense

On 3/10/2023 at 7:47 PM, lucyford said:

This? 

I seriously thought there is more because of bbc's article and some comments.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 11:49 PM, Corner said:

@Souled-Out I actuailly forgot about the Miu Miu campaign lol. This is actually her 3rd Miiu Miu campaign. Her first one was with a group of girls including Doutzen, second one was with them Daphne G. I mean if she gets one hf campaign every season, that’s honestly enough for me.

I don’t consider her 2013 Versace campaign as Versace because it was a collaboration with some Brazilian brand right? I want her to get a proper one.

I know she’s walked for Versace several times but to me, it’s honestly an insult if you have a model of her caliber walk for you without giving them the campaign. Unless they’re being paid to walk just like when models walk exclusively for brands. I remember Abbey Lee Kershaw was paid a 100 thousand dollars to walk for a show exclusively a few years back

I'm curious about the group of photos Adriana did about Versace Haute Couture in 2003. Because many people said it is a camapign, but some people say it is a show. The problem is that don't seem to be any shows only inclouding two models.

• 3 weeks later...

I read an article today about her return to Victoria's Secret, actually i read many since her return. So far what i understood is, VS is going to use Adriana's current ''imperfect'' look/figure to create some variety that society ask for. They collobrated with her becasue she is not at ther perfect figure?

8 minutes ago, patt said:

I read an article today about her return to Victoria's Secret, actually i read many since her return. So far what i understood is, VS is going to use Adriana's current ''imperfect'' look/figure to create some variety that society ask for. They collobrated with her becasue she is not at ther perfect figure?

Considering they want a company with a more politically correct image to wash the company's image over the scandals of the past few years, it makes a lot of sense. They can sell that Adriana now has a less canonical body since she is not as skinny as she was in her last years in VS and that she is older, representing body positivity and mature women.

12 minutes ago, borg said:

Considering they want a company with a more politically correct image to wash the company's image over the scandals of the past few years, it makes a lot of sense. They can sell that Adriana now has a less canonical body since she is not as skinny as she was in her last years in VS and that she is older, representing body positivity and mature women.

Ugh I hope not. But I have read articles and that is not what I got from her interviews

That branding has not worked well for VS and it CERTAINLY won't work well for Adriana, I am sure she knows this by this point. Like that body shaming she is still experiencing now (because her face is still bloated) is def no joke and people will not cut her slack until she is at her normal size.  its not a good idea she just let herself go as someone who wants to continue to model and who is from the 00s. Plus Adriana herself knows she never gave "model" when she is heavier. Adriana was already dragged and bashed by the REAL body positivity community, even before this VS stuff she was being shut down by them. She should leave that shit alone and just work on herself and worry about herself

So I don't agree with this direction and I hope its not even true because this has not been working out well for VS. And it also has not worked well for Adriana. She doesn't need to mess up her career and image over something like this. The real body positivity community literally shunned her, Adriana should not still be trying to stick herself into that community. Do go chasing waterfalls, stick to the rivers and lakes that you're used to.

39 minutes ago, patt said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/22017824/victorias-secret-angels-adriana-lima-return-help-brand/

This article wasnt written by anyone in VS. As far as I know, VS has not even spoken about WHY she was asked back. VS has plenty of plus sized model these days. And Adriana isnt plus sized by any means. If thats what you meant by "imperfect figure". I dont think she was asked to come back for that reason. I think the primary reason would be because of her history with the brand. The article was talking about her and potentially other former angels returning to represent "mature" woman. 

19 minutes ago, Souled-Out said:

Ugh I hope not.

That branding has not worked well for VS and it CERTAINLY won't work well for Adriana, I am sure she knows this by this point. Like that body shaming she was experiencing def eventually bothered her, and she has been working out and losing weight consistently still. As she should. its not a good idea she just let herself go as a model who is from the 00s. Also Adriana was already dragged and bashed by the REAL body positivity community, even before this VS stuff she was being shut down by them.

So I don't agree with this direction and I hope its not even true because this has not been working out well for VS. And it also has not worked well for Adriana. She doesn't need to mess up her career and image over something like this. The real body positivity community literally shunned her, Adriana should not still be trying to be apart of that community after that.

It's important that Adriana accept herself as she is, on the one hand it's good that she lose weight and keeping doing exercise but without losing her mind, I don't see it as a good thing that she tries to recover, at 42 years old, 3 children and 3 stepchildren, the body that she had a few years ago, so on the one hand it doesn't seem bad to me that she embraces body positivism, despite the fact that that community will always throw her words about the extreme diet she did before the VS fashion shows in her face.

In any case, I don't like her working with VS again. Obviously it's her decision and she will surely be paid very well, but I think that VS is a company adrift. In fact, I think that both Adriana and Alessandra or Candice should have stopped working with VS like in 2014. VS already looked like it was a sinking ship, the quality of the shows (from lingerie shows to practically music festivals) and the prestige of the brand (from 4 or 5 exclusive angels to 8, 10 and even 12 angels) had long since disappeared, even before the scandals that rocked the company in the following years.

Now it seems like they want to get the show back trying to please everyone, I guess having several plus size models, 50 or 60 year old models, trans and all that in the show. It even seems that they want to eliminate the concept of angel, which seems to me a huge mistake, that was one of its main strengths, something that differentiated the company. Basically looks like they're going to try to copy Rihanna's Savage X Fenty Show, but if you don't have Rihanna, it's practically impossible not to be a flop.

13 minutes ago, borg said:

It's important that Adriana accept herself as she is, on the one hand it's good that she lose weight and keeping doing exercise but without losing her mind, I don't see it as a good thing that she tries to recover, at 42 years old, 3 children and 3 stepchildren, the body that she had a few years ago, so on the one hand it doesn't seem bad to me that she embraces body positivism, despite the fact that that community will always throw her words about the extreme diet she did before the VS fashion shows in her face.

What does Andre's kids have anything to do with her trying to get back in shape? I disagree that Adriana should have had the baby and basically do nothing and accept it simply because she's 41 and has 3 kids. Adriana is a model at the end of the day. So it's part of her job. Obviously I don't think she should be doing anything unhealthy to lose weight. But she's lost most the weight at this point and seems to want to continue working on that. Fitness was also part of Adriana's brand. 

3 minutes ago, lucyford said:

What does Andre's have anything to do with her trying to get back in shape? I disagree that Adriana should have had the baby and basically do nothing and accept it simply because she's 41 and has 3 kids. Adriana is a model at the end of the day. So it's part of her job. Obviously I don't think she should be doing anything unhealthy to lose weight. But she's lost most the weight at this point and seems to want to continue working on that. Fitness was also part of Adriana's brand. 

I haven't said anything about André. It's just that Adriana now no longer has only her children, but also André's children to take care of, just as André has to take care of Adriana's children, as a good family. And at the end of the day, that's a lot of children to take care of, which consume a lot of time and energy. I'm not saying that Adriana simply shouldn't do anything to lose weight, on the contrary, I think it's great that she does, that she continues to go to the gym, that's healthy. But we have to accept that a 42-year-old model who has to take care of several children cannot have the body of a 34-year-old model. And it's good that the fashion world is beginning, little by little, to accept this and stop demanding 38 or 40-year-old models to look like 26-year-olds.

1 hour ago, borg said:

I haven't said anything about André. It's just that Adriana now no longer has only her children, but also André's children to take care of, just as André has to take care of Adriana's children, as a good family. And at the end of the day, that's a lot of children to take care of, which consume a lot of time and energy. I'm not saying that Adriana simply shouldn't do anything to lose weight, on the contrary, I think it's great that she does, that she continues to go to the gym, that's healthy. But we have to accept that a 42-year-old model who has to take care of several children cannot have the body of a 34-year-old model. And it's good that the fashion world is beginning, little by little, to accept this and stop demanding 38 or 40-year-old models to look like 26-year-olds.

They have a nanny. Adriana also has a personal chef. So i dont think she is being overworked cooking and cleaning after all those kids. She has people to take care of that. Andre's mom has shown Adriana had 5 people working in her house with the kids, cooking, and cleaning. And we dont even know how invovled she is with his kids. Andre seems to have no issues leaving them to follow Adriana on her trips while she works and he is just there for no good reason. So who knows how involved he even is.. Because it seems they have also flown his mom over to take care of them for him.

I personally think its fine and probably best for Adriana that she wants to keep working out and being healthy and all that. Shes come a long way already. She was very big in Qatar in December. I dont think she was doing much prior to that. But started working on it at the start of this year and I think she practically lost most the weight now. Which is impressive considering where she was in December.

42 minutes ago, lucyford said:

What does Andre's kids have anything to do with her trying to get back in shape? I disagree that Adriana should have had the baby and basically do nothing and accept it simply because she's 41 and has 3 kids. Adriana is a model at the end of the day. So it's part of her job. Obviously I don't think she should be doing anything unhealthy to lose weight. But she's lost most the weight at this point and seems to want to continue working on that. Fitness was also part of Adriana's brand. 

I agree, 1. Andre's kids should not be that much of a factor (although I do think his children and her children  and andre himself play a role of why she looks and seems tired and out of it at some events) but they have 0 to do with her weight management.

I also agree, Adriana shouldn't settle for not looking up to par just because she is 41. She's just 41. Naomi campbell is in her 50s and obviously makes the right decisions to physically keep up her body so that she can continue to work, because she wants to. If Adriana wants to keep being a model and maintain her status she does have to do the part. She is not and never was a plus sized or bloated model. So people don't expect her to be one. She can be if she retired and decides to live her life as a regular person. But realistically to be the model that she is, she has to do whats expected. And while I do think at her age it takes more time to get her looks back, I don't think she should give up or settle for a look that is not her full potential

And yeah Adriana is literally an ambassador for dog pound, fitness is still her brand so its another reason it makes no sense for her to slack off on it. I still think Adriana needs some rest though clearly because she just hasn't looked like she is well facially at most events this year. But she can have more rest while also being fit and healthy. Because lets not forget sometimes Adriana finds her weight shifting from eating poorly here and there

1 minute ago, Souled-Out said:

She is not and never was a plus sized or bloated model. So people don't expect her to be one. She can be if she retired and decides to live her life as a regular person. But realistically to be the model that she is, she has to do whats expected. And while I do think at her age it takes more time to get her looks back, I don't think she should give up or settle for a look that is not her full potential

Exactly. People don't WANT her to be one. She isn't even plus sized so for the people asking for plus sized models, having her "represent them" would be laughable.