Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

Hey Adriana isn't retiring from VS is she? The way she walked in the last two segements have people speculating (on youtube) I personally think she only walked like thtat because she is adriana lol. And she didn't open the show so VS had to give the audience the "star" that they want to see so much somehow

Hey Adriana isn't retiring from VS is she? The way she walked in the last two segments have people speculating (on youtube) I personally think she only walked like thtat because she is adriana lol. And she didn't open the show so VS had to give the audience the "star" that they want to see so much somehow

No she's planning on resigning her contract once it's up in two years and she plans on resigning for another 5 years.

The reason she was doing those things was because she got a great applause (this was said by people who attended the show) you couldn't hear it in the show but she had the loudest appluase and she was thanking them for it.

Adriana has said in 99% of her interviews recently she doesn't plan on retiring anytime soon.

Hi guys! I'm really not here to promote anything about me or my supports!

...But Today I got 2 tweets from @AdrianaLima and it makes me stay too happy!

AdrianaLima Adriana Lima

@

@WeLoveAdriana jello

AdrianaLima Adriana Lima

@

@WeLoveAdriana Obrigada Pelo carinho sincero

The Second one means something like: Thanks for the sincere support

I'm happy happy happy! <3

Isn't she so cute?

Hey Adriana isn't retiring from VS is she? The way she walked in the last two segments have people speculating (on youtube) I personally think she only walked like thtat because she is adriana lol. And she didn't open the show so VS had to give the audience the "star" that they want to see so much somehow

No she's planning on resigning her contract once it's up in two years and she plans on resigning for another 5 years.

The reason she was doing those things was because she got a great applause (this was said by people who attended the show) you couldn't hear it in the show but she had the loudest appluase and she was thanking them for it.

Adriana has said in 99% of her interviews recently she doesn't plan on retiring anytime soon.

Yeah thats what I thought lol, people are now saying she was just being arrogant, I know she wasn't but can you blame her? Seriuously people say the nicest and most beautiful stuff about her that amazes me even as an faithful adriana fan

Seriously are you surprised?? You tweet her like 50-75 times a day (not kidding) :cain:

(and No I'm not jealous)

Anyway, yes I agree people have been thinking she's retiring for like the last 3-4 years she's not going anywhere lol. People need to give it up.

Seriously are you surprised?? You tweet her like 50-75 times a day (not kidding) :cain:

(and No I'm not jealous)

Anyway, yes I agree people have been thinking she's retiring for like the last 3-4 years she's not going anywhere lol. People need to give it up.

Maybe because I love her too much and I have my dreams ;) I live in Brazil - Rio Grande do Sul (Alessandra/Gisele) - so it's harder to meet her in person.

Adriana and this tweet means a lot for me! It makes me cry, maybe because I was wanting it a lot. If I didn't want, I would not tweet "50-75 times a day"

Actually I think any fan has a dream to get a tweet from your Idol!

And honestly, I'm just tired to keep holding on these ridiculous fights with you and MissLimaVzla right here.

It's like a sh*t to keep those ridiculous fights up ;) We're all fans, here's a "community" where all the Fans get news and not about get fights, I will stop answering that!

I would love if we become a friend, but I think is impossible when the another people doesn't want :)

(and No I'm not jealous)

Yes I think some people just want adriana gone lol, because they know she is top dog of VS. At first it was retirement allegations, then people saying she was just being arrogant and its all about her, some people are saying they are sick of adriana's face. TF? :blink: And ofcourse those of are the fans of miranda and esp. candice.(I think like more than half of candice fans hate adriana lol, you won't believe the crap they say. Some of them even say racist comments SMH) any way they know adriana is "It" at vs and they can't stand the fact that she basically now outshines all the models there. Its so irritating that they hate her for that and tries to find her doing something wrong. Like the arrogant accusations. We all know that out of al the angels..adriana is the most humble. and like I said you can't blame her if she was to be cocky. ESP. since she spent damn near her whole life up til about last year unconfident. If she THINKS she turned from an ugly duck to a swan,so be it. But I think its just the haters that think that way. SMH

Stumbled today on a fresh article about it as angels of Victoria's Secret comes in the form before the show (only those angels who give birth.) In the paragraph about Adriana was written this way: "Adriana had very much work to do to adequately address the last show of Victoria's Secret." Did she go? I heard about this rumor, but missed it by ear,but after reading this article, I thought...Just author wrote about last show only Adriana and here at Miranda, Alessandra and Doutzen nothing is said about it ... :confused: It really goes?

• 2 weeks later...

So Adriana's DKNY campaign was featured on CocoPerez (Perezhilton.com) for the "backlash" it's getting. I think people are reading into it too much.

Donna Karan's spring campaign is rubbing people the wrong way.

The beautiful new ads starring Adriana Lima were shot in Haiti, but are they insensitive? Depends on who you ask.

In the shot (above), two Haitian people (or "props" according to commentators) sit in the background while Adriana poses in DK's expensive clothing.

We can see how the image can be construed as "imperialistic" what with a beautiful model wearing expensive clothes in a poverty-stricken country. But was that Donna's intention? Probably not.

The designer's done a lot of work in Haiti since the earthquake and even inspired her spring collection, hence why it was shot in the country.

The campaign probably would have been more successful if DK used Haitian women or even a model from the country.

What do U think about the campaign???

http://cocoperez.com/2011-12-19-donna-kara...ima-controversy

So Adriana's DKNY campaign was featured on CocoPerez (Perezhilton.com) for the "backlash" it's getting. I think people are reading into it too much.
Donna Karan's spring campaign is rubbing people the wrong way.

The beautiful new ads starring Adriana Lima were shot in Haiti, but are they insensitive? Depends on who you ask.

In the shot (above), two Haitian people (or "props" according to commentators) sit in the background while Adriana poses in DK's expensive clothing.

We can see how the image can be construed as "imperialistic" what with a beautiful model wearing expensive clothes in a poverty-stricken country. But was that Donna's intention? Probably not.

The designer's done a lot of work in Haiti since the earthquake and even inspired her spring collection, hence why it was shot in the country.

The campaign probably would have been more successful if DK used Haitian women or even a model from the country.

What do U think about the campaign???

http://cocoperez.com/2011-12-19-donna-kara...ima-controversy

Very interesting.

To be honest, the first time I looked at/posted the pictures of Dri from the DK campaign, I didn't even notice the Haitian's to the left of Adriana because I was only focused on her. I do see the point this article is making though. It's not even necessarily about imperialism, but what is the point of going to Haiti and doing a campaign there when you don't really capture the people or situation of Haiti? I know Dri is stunning and would outshine anyone in a picture, but it's almost as if they are 'just there'. I won't go as far as to say they are being used as props, but it prompts the question- "What's the point?" They don't have Dri interacting with the Haitians in any way... she is off on the right modeling the clothes and looking stunning, but the Haitians DO look out of place and makes you wonder what really the point is.

Obviously this is no fault of Adriana's. Thought I should clarify that because I think a lot of people on here are such huge Dri fans that they take the smallest thing or disagreement or even a "negative" comment as something defining.

I think the whole debate it's stupid, we've seen three pictures of the campaign ... Plus DK has been working a lot in Haiti since the earthquake & the collection was inspired by the people & the country so it makes sense that she wanted to shoot the campaign there, however people needs to remember that at the end of the day her goal is to sell the clothes no matter what, at least she didn't get a russian model to pose in California her Haiti-inspired collection lol